• Tweets

• I would guess so dx which is why I've asked the OP to upload the original invoice.
    • ps i doubt the PCN says macdonalds?? MET dont operate a reverse trespass car park for mc'd's parkers going to starbucks...(occupants left vehicle claim) they only do that for the starbucks part  i bet you parked in the starbuck side and walked to MCd's? dx    
    • it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge .............. please fill out the Q&A ASAP. dx  
    • Well done on reading the other threads. If ECP haven't got the guts to do court then there is no reason to pay them. From other threads there is a 35-minute free stay after which you need to pay, with the signs hidden where no-one will read them.  Which probably explains why ECP threaten this & threaten that, but in the end daren't do court. As for your employer - well you can out yourself as the driver to ECP so the hamster bedding will arrive at yours.  Get your employer to do that using the e-mail address under Appeals and Transfer Of Liability.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What would an exit from the EU mean for domestic law

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I saw this a little while ago and thought it may be interesting to many on here.

http://www.halsburyslawexchange.co.uk/leaving-the-eu-impact-on-case-law-and-legislation/

‘the Treaties shall cease to apply [to the UK] from the date of entry of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification…unless the European Council, in agreement with the [uK], unanimously decides to extend this period’ (art 50(3))

"Insofar as any such amendment or repeal seeks to deny EU law direct effect in UK law prior to the date on which, as a matter of EU law, the Treaties cease to apply to the UK, this would put the UK in breach of its obligations under EU and/or public international law—though it is unclear what legal (as distinct from political) consequences this would have. Depending on the form and content of the future relationship between there UK and the EU, it will also, almost inevitably, be necessary to enact legislation to provide a basis for giving effect to that new relationship."

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Dodge

I have already posted a reply to this question on the EU thread

My answers are based on info gleaned from BBC as well as my Politics lecturer who is also a qualified lawyer and lectures in law.

My understanding is that many pieces of EU legislation and directives have been enshrined in UK law in either acts of parliament or as Statutory Instruments. As such whatever happens, even when we are no longer bound by EU law , they will be still be part of UK law. It was mentioned that there are 8000 different pieces of legislation or SI's . As such the effort needed to change every single one would be immense and take a very long time, especially when you consider that a country also needs running and governments change.

However

I suspect that the immediate laws that would be changed would be the ones that are high profile and benefit businesses, so the working time directive may be one to go as would deals on maternity/paternity rights and holidays + holiday pay. I think if we look across the pond we may be able to see the way things will progress, very few employment rights.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

What about European court ruing and case law issues ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

These would have to be binding as they were binding at the time of the ruling. After all, do we pay compensation to the families of people legally murdered by the state because at the time the law of the land said execution was the punishment?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

These would have to be binding as they were binding at the time of the ruling. After all, do we pay compensation to the families of people legally murdered by the state because at the time the law of the land said execution was the punishment?

Yes but what about upcoming cases based on similar facts, Uk cases where appeals where denied, cases which were abandoned because of a poor chance of success initially etc.

Yes but what about upcoming cases based on similar facts, Uk cases where appeals where denied, cases which were abandoned because of a poor chance of success initially etc.

So you think, there should be compensation to the families of people legally murdered by the state.

Much European law comes from Directives which are (generally) not legally binding by themselves, but instead have to be implemented by UK legislation. For example the Working Time Directive was implemented in the UK by the Working Time Regulations, and the Data Protection Directive was implemented in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. As these are all now implemented by UK legislation they will remain in force indefinitely unless the UK parliament decides to repeal or amend the legislation.

Some European laws come from the EC Treaty or are in the form of European Regulations. Currently these are legally binding themselves and do not need to be implemented by local UK legislation. As these laws are not supported by local UK legislation, they will cease to be law in the UK, after the UK' has formally left the EU (this probably won't happen until 2018).

Most employment and consumer laws were introduced by Directives and then implemented by UK legislation. So they will all remain in force indefinitely, even after we have left the EU, unless the UK parliament decides to repeal them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

agree. and any repeals/amendments wont be retrospective.

the ECJ only gets/got involved re a breach/issue of eu law/regs.

and, eu will apply until a formal exit. and then keep in mind that if eng/wales continue to trade with the eu, we might have to keep some trade laws/regs, depending.

So you think, there should be compensation to the families of people legally murdered by the state.

I dont think you can get compensation for families legally murdered(is murder legal ?). No compensation anyway I am affraid

Much European law comes from Directives which are (generally) not legally binding by themselves, but instead have to be implemented by UK legislation. For example the Working Time Directive was implemented in the UK by the Working Time Regulations, and the Data Protection Directive was implemented in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. As these are all now implemented by UK legislation they will remain in force indefinitely unless the UK parliament decides to repeal or amend the legislation.

Some European laws come from the EC Treaty or are in the form of European Regulations. Currently these are legally binding themselves and do not need to be implemented by local UK legislation. As these laws are not supported by local UK legislation, they will cease to be law in the UK, after the UK' has formally left the EU (this probably won't happen until 2018).

Most employment and consumer laws were introduced by Directives and then implemented by UK legislation. So they will all remain in force indefinitely, even after we have left the EU, unless the UK parliament decides to repeal them.

Thanks SP very informative.

So what in this case about the consumer credit directive 2010 which was both empowered and brought into use by eu law ?

you already have your answer?

And what would you say that is Ford ?

anyway it was rhetorical there is a lot of consumer protection in that piece of legislation.

And what would you say that is Ford ?

anyway it was rhetorical there is a lot of consumer protection in that piece of legislation.

as per your initial post, fletch's, steampowered's, and mine?

that directive was mostly effective domestically, via SI, from feb 2011. so, it remains unless repealed/amended.

So what in this case about the consumer crediticon directive 2010 which was both empowered and brought into use by eu law ?

The consumer credit directive was implemented in the UK through an amendment to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and supporting UK statutory instruments. Those will remain in force after Brexit.

Si issued under what statue ?

SI dont just come into being on ther ir own right, but of course you know that.

The Secretary of State makes these Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1010/introduction/made

The consumer credit directive was implemented in the UK through an amendment to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and supporting UK statutory instruments. Those will remain in force after Brexit.

Do you have details of that amendment to the CCA under what section was it inserted ?

Sorry in any case there would still have to be legislation to confer the power form, or the power would not exist. So where would that come from ?

Sorry in any case there would still have to be enabling legislation, or the power would not exist. So where would that come from ?

are you asking what authority there is for a govt re an SI?

are you asking what authority there is for a govt re an SI?

Secondary legislation cannot exist without primary legislation of course, nothing to do with the government.

Anyway the answer i sthat this particular piece of current statutory protection will dispensary, as far as I can see.

Secondary legislation cannot exist without primary legislation of course, nothing to do with the government.

what are you asking then.

an Act of P allows for its 'amendment' via an SI. P (govt) of course enacts the act.

Do you have details of that amendment to the CCA under what section was it inserted ?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1010/contents/made

Sorry in any case there would still have to be legislation to confer the power form, or the power would not exist. So where would that come from ?

The European Communities Act 1972 allows statutory instruments to be used to implement directives. See http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1972/68/section/2. A similar route was used for things like the Working Time Regulations (also a statutory instrument implementing a EU directive).

Ah well there goes The Human Rights Act.

The Human Rights Act: https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/human-rights/human-rights-act

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group