First time PIP application without a face to face......

Guest Miss Anxious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Miss Anxious

This was my first application for PIP, and received a text to say I have been awarded it and a I don't have to do anything, they will pay my money into my bank. I had decided if they called me for a face to face I was just going to drop it......as could not face going and too ashamed to take anyone with me as I don't like people knowing how I feel.

Is there any way I can find out how I got the points? Is there a form I can ask for?

This will be useful when a review comes through as I'll know exactly how I was awarded it, if you get my drift?

Thank in advance for any help offered.

Miss (less) Anxious

If you kept a copy of your application or know hiw you each question then have a look in the following link to see hiw you scored

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Guest Miss Anxious

NY...if they don't I'll call them as I have both physical and mental health problems.....not sure how I managed it, as I didn't think I deserved it, or, entitled to it!

Does anyone know if you get PIP and ESA, do they take it OFF your housing benefit, so you are not much better off? Or can you keep it, to buy food, which I'm lacking....hence the reason for fainting all the time!!

Miss A.

Guest Miss Anxious

Funnily enough I copied my ESA but didn't with PIP as I thought I didn't have a chance!

NY...if they don't I'll call them as I have both physical and mental health problems.....not sure how I managed it, as I didn't think I deserved it, or, entitled to it!

Does anyone know if you get PIP and ESA, do they take it OFF your housing benefit, so you are not much better off? Or can you keep it, to buy food, which I'm lacking....hence the reason for fainting all the time!!

Miss A.

PIP is not deducted from ESA or Housing Benefit. You will be better off by the amount of your PIP award, and you can spend it on whatever you like - no-one checks up on that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sorry, meant to add a few questions which could be relevant to your ESA award. Basically:

• Is your ESA income related (as opposed to contribution based)?
  • Do you live alone, or are the only other people in your household children?
  • Does your PIP award have a care component?

There is a premium available on ESA to many people who can answer yes to all of the above questions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Another thing:

As you might be aware, each council has its own rules about council tax. Inform them. In some areas, (not mine unfortuantely) some people are exempt from paying if they receive certain disability benefits.

Guest Miss Anxious
Sorry, meant to add a few questions which could be relevant to your ESA award. Basically:

There is a premium available on ESA to many people who can answer yes to all of the above questions.

My ESA is income related, i live alone in sheltered accommodation, I have not received the letter yet from PIP, only a text, so don't know the answer to that.

PS, someone else asked me what happens to your PIP when you retire? Does it continue without further assessments?

Thank you again for all your help.

Guest Miss Anxious
Another thing:

As you might be aware, each council has its own rules about council tax. Inform them. In some areas, (not mine unfortuantely) some people are exempt from paying if they receive certain disability benefits.

When I get the letter I will inform them. When I rang to tell them I'm in the support Group, they already knew.....so they knew before me.....spooky!!!

Your PIP can continue after you reach retirement age. I'm unsure whether any further assessments would be needed, though.

So, if your PIP award contains a care component (I think it's called something like "Daily Living Allowance") then you should contact ESA and ask if you may be entitled to a Severe Disability Premium. I'm not 100% sure how living in sheltered housing affects this, but it doesn't hurt to ask them. My guess would be that as long as no-one is actually living with you (and no-one receives Carers Allowance for caring for you) then you would be entitled but that is just a guess.

Guest Miss Anxious

I live alone...and still waiting the letter......Thanks again for all your support...Miss A.

Guest Miss Anxious

To answer the questions again

ESA is income related

I am trying to do a mutual exchange so my son can live with me, but he is earning but paying of a huge student loan.

My PIP letter arrived and getting enhanced daily living allowance, and standard rate, mobility.

My fear is now, if I do the exchange they will take his earnings into consideration.....? But, have read if I get PIP daily allowance his income is disregarded.....I would call them up, but live in the sticks and have no signal on my phone....

Thanks again for advice.

Your son's earnings would make no difference to your PIP. Because you are on PIP the council should not make any non dependent deductions from your HB, so that won't be affected either.

His earnings won't affect your ESA, but if he lived with you (no matter whether he earned a fortune or nothing at all) then you would not be entitled to a Severe Disability Premium (SDP). Of course, you're not currently in receipt of that anyway, so this won't mean a reduction from what you currently get.

If it's tricky to call, send a short letter to the ESA people. State that you are now in receipt of PIP at the enhanced living allowance rate, that you live alone. Request that they consider your entitlement to an SDP. They may send you a form, Form IS10. It's a very short and simple one - complete it and return it to them. This is worth doing as, if entitled, the SDP is in the region of £60 per week. If you do move and live with your son, you would of course need to inform them of this and the SDP would stop.

• Haha 1

Guest Miss Anxious
Your son's earnings would make no difference to your PIP. Because you are on PIP the council should not make any non dependent deductions from your HB, so that won't be affected either.

His earnings won't affect your ESA, but if he lived with you (no matter whether he earned a fortune or nothing at all) then you would not be entitled to a Severe Disability Premium (SDP). Of course, you're not currently in receipt of that anyway, so this won't mean a reduction from what you currently get.

If it's tricky to call, send a short letter to the ESA people. State that you are now in receipt of PIP at the enhanced living allowance rate, that you live alone. Request that they consider your entitlement to an SDP. They may send you a form, Form IS10. It's a very short and simple one - complete it and return it to them. This is worth doing as, if entitled, the SDP is in the region of £60 per week. If you do move and live with your son, you would of course need to inform them of this and the SDP would stop.

Thank you so much for that information. I think I am happy with what I've been given......and won't apply for the enhanced rate... I almost cannot believe I was granted PIP without an assessment and also ESA without an assessment....it must because I have given so much evidence and explained fully how my life is affected.

Today, I am felling so much more relaxed.......and a few hundred pounds back payment from PIP in my bank.

Thank you all for so much help.

Miss (Less Anxious)..:-)

Guest Miss Anxious

Ps For the past few years I've been living off £80 a week ( as I'm paying off an overpayment)......I feel like......well......good food to start...........

Guest Miss Anxious
Enjoy!

Also for people who are reading this with interest, the letter I received to tell me about my PIP award, also detailed where I'd scored my points.......it's awful really the way they do things.....scoring points for being unwell.......it's not a rugby match!!!

Thanks all for your help, and I hope it gives others a bit of hope too...

Miss A.