Unreturned jewellery after 7 months

rosysummer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of years ago I had some jewellery remodelled, and as I was very pleased with the result I took some more jewellery to be remodelled, this was November 2015, I have still not received it back, despite numerous emails messages and phone calls.

There is always an excuse, He is ill, He has family problems, He has nearly finished it and will be delivering it.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. Please can anyone tell me how to get him to return my jewellery and if there is any legal precedent for this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Rosy

PS Please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong place, can admin please advise.

I'm sure there are lots of precedents – although we don't particularly know them here.

What is the value of the jewellery? Have you got any evidence jewellery was given to this person to be remodelled? Who did you give to? Is it an individual or is it a company?

Under the consumer rights act, you are entitled to have any service contract completed within a reasonable time. It seems to me that a delay of about nine months is very excessive.

I think it is about time that you started taking some very definite action. Apart from anything else, I would read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

Tell us about the jewellery. Tell us about the value it seems to me you have the basis of a case in contract and also in conversion under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act.

Thank you for your prompt reply BankFodder.

He has returned my jewellery but the rings that I gave him to remodel are in pieces and are basically scrap gold.

The two rings were an 18ct yellow gold diamond band ring, and a 14ct yellow gold band ring with two white sapphires.

I would estimate the two rings to be in the region of £750 in total, I now have a plastic bag with pieces of gold which if I weighed them in would probably fetch £30 if I am very lucky a small diamond and a small piece of gold containing two white sapphires.

I have enquired if anyone else would undertake this work and have been met with a definite no, because no other jeweller wants to take on a job someone else started.

Any advice what to do next would be very grateful appreciated.