• Tweets

• Thanks for your detailed response.   I just pray that they don’t give me a ban as I am a courier. Do you know how the courts consider whether to give the recommended points or a ban? Thank you 
    • Not sure of the provenance of this, but if only partially true is worrying Its up to an individual to weigh the facts for themselves.   https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/head-of-pfizer-research-covid-vaccine-is-female-sterilization/amp/?__twitter_impression=true   Here is link to the information sheet for Healthcare professionals doing the vaccinations.   Again no personal views either way, its up to individuals to decide what is true and what is fake.   Published 2 December 2020 Last updated 3 December 2020 — see all updates From: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency   Information for Healthcare Professionals on Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
    • The National Police Chiefs' Council's policy on speeding enforcement suggest that speeds of 35mph or above in a 20mph area should be dealt with by way of court action. All forces in England & Wales usually follow those guidelines so it is more than likely your matter will be dealt with under the "Singe Justice Procedure."   Magistrates' guidelines for that speed suggest a fine of a week's net income (reduced by a third if you plead guilty) together with either a ban of up to 28 days or 4 to 6 points. Points are far more likely. That band of seriousness covers 31 to 40mph so you can expect six points or, if you're lucky, five. You will also pay £85 prosecution costs and a "Victim Surcharge" of 10% of the fine (minimum £34).   The police have six months from the date of the offence to bring proceedings and in many areas take all of that so you may not hear anything until next May. The first notification you get will be a "Singe Justice Procedure Notice". You cannot attend a Single Justice hearing but you will not have to attend court unless either you particularly want to or the Single Justice is considering disqualification (Single Justices will not disqualify you without giving you an opportunity to attend a court hearing). In either of those circumstances the matter will be adjourned and listed for a normal court hearing.
    • He's apparently closing all his pubs in Wales apart from 8 as Drakeford has banned them from selling alcohol, and some in the Chapel set want him to ban all alcohol sales ina USA style prohibition.
    • Well I have no idea whats actually happening regarding the Brexit negotiations, but I cant see any substantial meal deal occurring as Johnson is planning on not only bringing back the highly reported international agreement and law breaking legislation back next week - but also adding some more agreement trashing legislation (Taxation (Post Transition Period) Bill)   https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-legislation/britain-to-press-ahead-with-brexit-treaty-breaking-laws-next-week-idUKKBN28D1KB https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cdp-2020-0164/ https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/w-004-6057?contextData=(sc.Default)&transitionType=Default&firstPage=true     Its 'interesting that many companies are planning on cutting/pausing supplies to NI, not only because they have no idea whatsoever what the UK mechanisms are going to be, but most are (of course) international companies and so unlike the Johnson Government, will be loath to break international agreements.   https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/03/four-in-10-uk-food-firms-to-cut-supplies-to-northern-ireland-poll-brexit     Of course, theres also the 'other side of the world' trading group - but as well as being thousands of miles away, they also have rules and wont take kindly to agreement breakers   https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp   https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/new-rcep-free-trade-agreement-rules-of-origin-to-boost-finishing-of-products-investment-into-cambodia-laos-myanmar/   and who gains most from that 'thousands of miles away agreement? - as we already know with the UK-Japan deal .. https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2020/11/21/who-gains-from-rcep-asias-new-trade-pact    
  • Our picks

Help please!! Beyond my tether with B&Q

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I'm at a loss as what to do now.

I'm in rented accommodation with my children, I'm lucky that my landlady is very good, and has no problem with me asking for anything. When we moved in 2 years ago, the whole house had been renovated, and new appliances put in. The problem was, the oven. from the moment I moved in I've had problems with it, since then, we have had 3 call outs due to the same issue (the thermostat ), I've just had enough now, I've contacted the call centre on numerous occasions, I've contacted them via facebook, and even emailed the CEO, and called his secretary,( because she wouldn't allow me to speak to him).

They take forever to reply, and when they did they said that as I didn't purchase it, my landlady would have to give permission for me to contact them, So, I got that, they then came back and said, even though my landlady paid for it, she can't authorise me to talk to them as she wasn't the one with the trade card! so I had to ask the builder to authorise me to talk to them.

At this point I need to say I was happy to discuss the issue,( as I understand it) and my landlady had more pressing serious issues on her plate.

Eventually, Alison, at the call centre decided to send out an engineer. I waited in all day, but no one turned up, I phoned the service company who said it had been cancelled as they needed to buy a part, I was so mad!! no one had bothered to call me, and when I called Alison, after a long conversation, she told me I shouldn't have an attitude with her (I think 3 months of being quite calm isn't bad!!)

I explained that as far as I was concerned, someone was coming out to assess the oven, not repair it!! the last thing I want is a repair, especially as the oven has had the same fault 3 times in 2 years! i know that if it happens again, they will wipe their hands of it as its past its 2 year warranty, the oven wasn't fit for purpose even from new.

I've waited in again all day today, so I called the CEOs secretary, who 'kindly' told me, that its not my responsibility and I should let my landlady deal with it, oh and also, they were discussing it with me as a 'matter of goodwill'. Eventually the engineer turned up and has just left (5pm), he was very understanding, and agreed that the oven wasn't fit for purpose, I asked him to just assess it and not to fix it, as I believe it'll be a waste of time.

can anyone think of where i go now?

many thanks

If its broken and it was already in there when you moved in, why isnt your landlord sorting it out?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If its broken and it was already in there when you moved in, why isnt your landlord sorting it out?

I don't think I said it was broken when I moved in? I actually said everything was new. The oven wax brand new, when it first broke down she contacted the warranty and had it fixed, when it went wrong the 2nd time she called them again, and the third. We gave B&Q the benefit of the doubt, they have a warranty so we used it, hoping that Eoynd be the end of it. However, it's not. As its still got a problem. I'd really just like constructive comments please

After todays engineer assessed it wasnt fit for purpose, did he go on to say what would happen next?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

You had constructive comments. Its the LL's responsibility. You shouldnt be chasing it up. They should be sorting it out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sale of goods act

now called CRA

doesn't matter if its out of warranty

that does not negate your consumer rights

tell B&Q you want it replaced

3 repairs is not on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi the engineer said he will do a report and I just need to wait to hear from B&Q. From the past reposes, if the respond, I'm not sure I'll get anywhere that's why I'm stuck.

As for the comment about my land lady, yes it is her responsibility, but not all tenants pass the buck, she's been more than helpful and supportive. That's why I'm helping, at the end of the day I'm using it

she gets a tax break for this, you dont. However, B&Q should be kind to you as they agreed with you to send out an engineer and wasted YOUR time when they dindt show up so they have a moral and legal responsibility to you but not necessarily your interest in the oven as you dont have one. However, it is clear the LL has assigned the business of dealing with the problem so B&Q shouldnt be so pig headed and accept this as being good enough for them to deal directly with you on her behalf