Lowell/? claimform - old o2 mobile 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Just arrived home to find a County Court letter for a claim issued by Lowell regarding an old O2 mobile contract.

I've never received any thing like this before so not entirely sure what my next steps are. I did consider filing a defence but it doesn't really seem like I have one.

Is it just a case of filling out the form, hope they accept my repayment proposal and wait to hear back from the court or do ai have to attend?

Many thanks

If all you do is provide a payment proposal, then you are effectively admitting the claim. A judgement will be granted against you and then if the matter is not completely settled within a month, the judgement will be registered against your credit file and it will stay there for six years.

I wouldn't even begin to think about trying to negotiate with them to get them to call it off. It is almost impossibly unlikely that they will be prepared to enter into any kind of instant plan without having a judgement in place to protect their position.

I'm afraid that if you want to avoid this, then you should pay off immediately and I'm afraid also there will be the question of the claim fee which you will also have to pay.

I don't really think there is any way out – because you have already said that you don't think there is any defence

But then again please bear in mind that these spurious claims by DCAs are bought for as little as 10p in the pound...o2 has already wrote it off and claimed the tax relief....so in effect you only need to challenge the DCA if they are legally entitled to bring the claim....9/10 they fail once challenged.

Please take a read of the following link and copy and paste the Qs and your responses back here to advise a little history of the debt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No please put out of you head any silly notion of paying a dca anything on a speculative claim!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello :)

Date of claim - 15/06/2016

Particulars of claim -

The defendant entered into an agreement with o2 under account reference *****

The defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a Default Notice was served and not complied with

The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 30/06/2016 and notice given to the defendant

Despite repeated requests, the sum of 202 remains due and outstanding

And the claimant claims

a) The said sum of 202

b) Interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of Assignment to the date of issue, accuring at a daily rate of 0.0044 but limited to one year, being 15.85

c) costs

What is the value of the claim? £292

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? - Mobile Phone O2

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? - 09/2011

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? - No record of notice being received

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? - Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?

I don't believe so, haven't got any in my records

Why did you cease payments? - Was off work for over 6 months with illness and the breakdown of my relationship

What was the date of your last payment? Unsure but the default date listed is 04/2015

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No dispute

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any - Yes but requests ignored

As i said in post 4 i Question the need for an iva or any thoughts of giving in

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Missing information already added to post #5 ...please do not post again.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I have now decided to go ahead with an IVA (just waiting to finalise the paperwork).

Would this decision have any impact on my reply to the court letter?

Many thanks

No the clock is ticking on the above...so any IVA would not finalised in time.

Just to update and ask for a little advice. I have requested extra time to submit a defence.

I have been through all my paperwork (which Im pretty meticulous at keeping) and cant find a copy of the original default or the letter of Assignment.

As such, Im thinking this is going to form the basis of my defence but nit entirely sure of how to word it - any help will be gratefully received

Xx

Plenty of examples in the following forum...edit to suit....pref the same type of debt and claimant if possible.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Legal-Successes

But you still have 25 days to finalise a defence.

you don't need more time.

why give them longer to magic up spoof paperwork?

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

A decision on what?

If youve filed your defence then the court will now transfer the case to your local court

and a notice of allocation to the small claims track

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Usually around 5 days to process it and then another for your local court to send you the NoA, then you have to fill in an N180 and comply with any other orders.

If you search your thread title in the red cag search bar you will see many like threads, have a read through some and you will soon see how it pans out and what comes next etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

But only if the claimant wishes to proceed...otherwise after 33 days the claim is stayed.