PayPal Fraud Issue

bencm91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm really worried sick at the moment and i was hoping someone on here could be of assistance.

I've had all of my paypal funds sent to various dodgy looking companies to the total of £950. I had recently been doing a bunch of selling on eBay so the funds were sat in there so i could pay the fees.

I raised an unauthorised transaction report for all of the transactions as well as changing all of my security questions and login info and they've come back saying that they don't detect any unauthorised usage so will not be assisting me. I called them and they said there is nothing more i can do.

Since this has happened, i've lost loads of sleep and been feeling very sick with worry and their unwillingness to help me is making it all worse. Does anyone know what else i can do to get this money back. As it came from my PayPal balance, i'm not able to raise a card dispute.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Not my area however after 88 views I think someone should reply.

How long ago was this?

Did you report it as soon as you were alerted?

Did paypal block access to the account?

Any transaction IDs?

If any details are linked to your bank, get them on the case to stop any further funds going from your bank.

Surely Paypal would investigate and try to trace the 'dodgy' companies or at least attempt to claw back the funds.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you haven't raised a formal complaint with Paypal, I urge you to do so. Paypal is authorised by the FCA as a service provider and as such complaints can be made to the Financial Ombudsman.

Once a complaint is made, Paypal have 8 weeks to resolve this or sooner it they reject your complaint. I can't see this being resolved any time soon as Paypal try on many occasions to wriggle out of their obligations.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Not my area however after 88 views I think someone should reply.

How long ago was this?

Did you report it as soon as you were alerted?

Did paypal block access to the account?

Any transaction IDs?

If any details are linked to your bank, get them on the case to stop any further funds going from your bank.

Surely Paypal would investigate and try to trace the 'dodgy' companies or at least attempt to claw back the funds.

The transactions happened last week, I contacted them within an hour of getting the emails.

Paypal did an ID block (Meaning they needed my ID to verify my identity before they could unblock the account and allow me to change the password)

I have all the transaction id's and have shared them with PayPal and have contacted their customer relations team. Their response was the following.

Dear xx,
Thank you for contacting PayPal.
Unfortunately, we are unable to take any action on these transactions because itis not eligible for
PayPal Purchase Protection.
To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must pay for the full amount of the item with one
payment. Items purchased with multiple payments are not eligible.
Payments for the following are also not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase
Protection:
- Businesses
- Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
- Significantly Not As Described claims on custom-made items
- Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- Item not received claims for items which you collectin person, or arrange to be collected on
your behalf.
- Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
- Items equivalentto cash, including prepaid or gift cards
- PayPal Direct Payments
- Virtual Terminal Payments
- Personal Payments
- A single amount splitinto multiple payments to pay for one order or item.
- For INR (non-receipt) claims, items which you collectin person or arrange to be collected on
your behalf, including items boughtthrough In-Store Checkout atthe retail point of sale
To learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection, simply click "Legal" atthe bottom of any PayPal
page and then click "PayPal User Agreement."
We encourage you to continue to work with the seller for a mutual resolution. Although this claim
is closed,the dispute is noted in the seller's account records.
We value your business and regretthat you have had this experience.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Yours sincerely,
Synna
PayPal

could we have some info regarding the transactions themselves please, how many transactions, how many companies etc, are any of the transactions related to items you have sold

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

4 transactions to the same company. 2 for £250, 3 for £100 and one for £50

Company is "Virtual World Services GmbH." who appear to be some kind of store selling online currencies for games or something.

The internet is full of peoples reports of being ripped off by Virtual World.

It is in Paypal terms that you can buy virtual products, but at your own risk.

As Austria is part of the EU, then make a cross-border claim.

See here and google Virtual World Services GmbH fraud

http://bittrust.org/virwox

The first link in reviews should show you how these sort of frauds sometimes occur.

and then look here

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof-Archive/Paypal-wont-refind-unauthorised-transaction-Why/td-p/254618

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days