Jo Cox MP dead after shooting attack

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

British Labour Party member of parliament Jo Cox is in a "critical condition" after an attack, broadcaster Sky News reported on Thursday, citing sources from her political party.

It is said the MP intervened in a row between two men when she was shot.

"There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag."

After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved.

He said: "He was fighting with her and wrestling with her and then the gun went off twice and then she fell between two cars and I came and saw her on the floor."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jo-cox-shot-live-latest-news-updates-birstall-shooting-stabbing-labour-mp-west-yorkshire-a7085561.html

Labour MP Jo Cox shot and stabbed by attacker 'shouting Britain First' – live updates http://ibt.uk/A6ZLv

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he is "utterly shocked" by news of attack on MP Jo Cox:

And so are we,can you believe this news.

I am stunned.I do not know what to say. MPS and the country must be horrified that such a thing could happen.

Totally shocked.Can you believe it.

Will update later and hope the brave MP is going to recover from this attack .

EU referendum campaigning suspended after Labour MP critically injured in shooting and stabbing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jo-cox-shot-eu-referendum-campaigning-suspended-leave-remain-brexit-labour-mp-critically-injured-a7085771.html?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email

Britain First denies link to Jo Cox attacker who shouted group's name before shooting Labour MP

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-injured-attack-near-leeds-constituency-1565867

Who is Jo Cox? Labour MP stabbed and shot near her Leeds constituency

Jo Cox, 41, is the MP for Batley and Spen, West Yorkshire. Born in Batley, she studied at Heckmondwike Grammar School, and graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1995.

She lives with her husband, Brendan, and two children on a houseboat near Tower Bridge, London.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-jo-cox-labour-mp-stabbed-shot-near-her-leeds-constituency-1565872

Just had a look at pictures showing a man being arrested.

By what it is said he was carrying,it is very worrying.Cannot bring myself to show pictures.

This horrific news is now being showed around the world.

The reports are that she is still in a critical condition. Very sad.

If campaigning has been discontinued - does this mean the referendum will be ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Jo Cox MP critically injured amid shooting reports - BBC News

Hi citizenB-

If campaigning has been discontinued - does this mean the referendum will be ?

I do not know,we will find out more shortly.

Police are going to update shortly,maybe have already,i will take a look.

took 15 minutes for the emergency services to arrive ?

Why cant the Newsreaders wait until they have something proper to report - instead of just waffling for the sake of saying something ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304

It would appear Jo Cox has died !

BCOBS

I am devastated that this has happened. While the real cause has yet to be determined my assumption is that it is connected with the EU and the referendum. I base this on a report that said the perpetrator was heard to shout Britain

First.

What should happen next? I have no idea but we can not let a terrorist , for that may be what he is, derail democracy

Edited by fletch70
Checked my source, I made a mistake

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I am devastated that this has happened. While the real cause has yet to be determined my assumption is that it is connected with the EU and the referendum. I base this on a report that said the perpetrator was heard to shout Britain

First.

What should happen next? I have no idea but we can not let a terrorist , for that may be what he is, derail democracy

actually i think we should be very careful about avoiding trial by media the police have had him less than aday and are still investigating

• Haha 1

actually i think we should be very careful about avoiding trial by media the police have had him less than aday and are still investigating

Which is why I have qualified my statement

Obviously it will come out in the end although again, I suspect a plea of diminished responsibility or such like will be heard. It is fairly clear that they have arrested the man who actually shot and killed her , the reasons at this point do not matter.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Shocking news. From the reports, it would appear to be someone with an old or homemade weapon, who had been waiting around her consituency office. If if is true that this was someone motivated by the current debate on British national sovereignty, this is a problem with some who obsess about nationalism. There have been reports that some of the English hooligans in France have been chanting about Britain being better and out of Europe etc. Of course not all who are pro British sovereignty are like this, but in most countries you have those who are fanatical nationalists.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

An MP has died after she was shot and stabbed in a "horrific" assault in her constituency, police have said.

Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, was left bleeding on the ground after the attack in Birstall, West Yorkshire. A 52-year-old man was arrested nearby.

One eyewitness told the BBC they heard her attacker shout "put Britain first" at least twice beforehand.

Posted moments ago from the BBC > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304

What is this country coming too?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

How terrible. A 52 year old man named as Tommy Mair has been arrested it is reported.

I think the thread title needs to be changed now.

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It was one of those moments yesterday.

A time where you never forget where you were at a certain time when something shocks you that much you are stunned,unable to write,connect brain to say anything.Just sit there watching,hoping others will.

When at just after 5 PM last night we watched the Police officers sit down at the News Conference the look on the Police Officers

faces before they started speaking gave you concern.

And when the words came out saying Jo Cox MP,mother,wife,a lady who had done so much in her life already had died my and yours and many others around the world your heart for a moment must have felt huge sadness and wandered to many places.

Sympathy for all the relatives, MPS,people who deal with the public on a daily basis.With all problems associated.

And thoughts for her family,young children who now have to grow up without their mother.Love will always be there for them

from many,but so sad,needless act of madness,surely.

Perhaps your mind started to look backwards and forwards remembering times you may have met this MP or other MPS locally in your areas or events and now know how vulnerable they are.

As it did for me.

We see the MPS on the TV and they seem so powerful,invincible,look strong,big characters with thoughts they can put across clearly.

Then you meet them close up,see them live and realise they are just like us with all human frailties associated.

Same with Royalty even.

Now i am trying not to go onto long as i do at times,but just a little longer.I want to clear my mind out a touch.

I wandered yesterday back to a few events in my life where i had met a couple of MPS, and well known public figures.

Just supporting a event,writing a story of the day,taking a few photos.

Tens of thousands at times,sometimes only three but MPS get out there in the community,this is what they do.

On a daily basis.

I as well as many others let our feelings be known,whether marching, placards,singing,shouting,videos,words,protests,demos,petitions

as many ways as we feel to get our point across,as they do in words and actions.

Friendly,noisily,excitably perhaps at times just a way to vent,that is all.

Not this,this although i have not looked at any news this morning or since last night must have been committed by a mad man.

Planned even,i just cannot make sense of it all.I will look after writing this.More must be known now.

Just going back to these events i went on.

Remembering when at the front of a march,going backwards and forwards,side to side taking photos,

MPS and other well known public figures there such as Owen Jones,Andy Burnham MP and others just Yards away.Not many if any police close by.

Coming out from a tunnel,into bright sunlight,so eyes for a split second were focusing again,adjusting perhaps a better word i spotted two characters low down on a angled verge leading into a underground car park.

Drinking god knows what out of a lemonade size bottle,but looked out of place to pt it mildly.

So for a couple of reasons i moved across the road to get closer,i do not really know why,a feeling perhaps.

As i did they jumped out and joined the march,putting their arms around Owen Jones and next to Andy Burnham.

I took photos of this,your mind at times like these unless trained is what is happening,should i,can i,dare i thoughts but by then it is over.But that is all it takes.

I said at the time and wrote it,need more security these public figures.But how can this be achieved.And even if it can be it will change things for ever and still things will happen.

In less than a minute the police arrived and others.

But by then it could have been a different story.

So what am i saying,can you ever plan for these split second or short unexpected happenings.

Sometimes with tragic consequences.

I doubt it myself.

As for mental health issues perhaps,not checked on this i must say that.

I know someone in the community who works in this field and what they have told me worries me.

Better leave that as i am no expert.

I do not know what else to say,i hope this makes a little sense.

Just one more thing.

RIP Jo Cox MP.

My Sympathies and millions of others across the world go out to you and your family.

You will never be forgotten.