Landlord not returning deposit - Gone AWOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A relative had been renting a house since Dec 2009. She was paying by DD until about 12 months before the end, when the agent started collecting cash, as they had a bank problem. This went on until the end in at the end of April 2016. A mistake there maybe, but he did provide a receipt every time, which she did not keep. Her bank statements will have the DD's on when she requests them.

The deposit was not protected, she never knew it had to be, so I checked, it ain't. She phoned him continuously, without answer. When he finally answered, he said it takes 28 days. This has now gone, in fact it's 2 weeks past that. No answer again!

I checked the company, it disolved on 1st March https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08781259

Any Idea of how to get her money back.

Hi

On looking at your link and the filing history & PDFs: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08781259/filing-history

17 Nov 2015 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off

01 Mar 2016 Final Gazette dissolved via compulsory strike-off

(I would recommend downloading the PDFs at the above link and saving these for your records and keeping a copy of the link as well)

Now you say the tenancy started in 2009 what was the initial length of the agreement?

When did you end your Tenancy Agreement?

One thing I would suggest is contacting Companies House and informing them of your recent knowledge of this companies Dissolution that you were unaware of and tell them what you have posted here.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Who was the LL named on the AST- Ind or Co?

Sorry, I don't get what you mean?

Hi

On looking at your link and the filing history & PDFs: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08781259/filing-history

17 Nov 2015 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off

01 Mar 2016 Final Gazette dissolved via compulsory strike-off

(I would recommend downloading the PDFs at the above link and saving these for your records and keeping a copy of the link as well)

Now you say the tenancy started in 2009 what was the initial length of the agreement?

When did you end your Tenancy Agreement?

One thing I would suggest is contacting Companies House and informing them of your recent knowledge of this companies Dissolution that you were unaware of and tell them what you have posted here.

Initial length was 6 months. She paid another fee at 6 months to extend it for a further 12. From then on it just carried on. She can prove this via bank statements, and also a last partial rent payment to the owners account at the start of May.

• 4 weeks later...