Highview PCN passed to DRP without my knowledge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Newbie here so please forgive me if this has been covered off elsewhere but I'm hoping for a quick bit of advice....

I made the mistake of leaving my car for 2 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds in a Highview car park on 11th December 2015. I'm certain that I was still present in the car for at least 20 minutes prior to leaving the car on a call, and any CCTV would back this up, doubt that's particularly relevant though.

Anyhow, I've changed address since and have received no communication, or engaged in any form of dialogue with Highview Parking Ltd. As such I've had a lovely letter from DRP arrive in the post yesterday, informing me they've tracked me down via whatever CIA / Interpol (DVLA) database, and that if payment is not forthcoming with 14 days they'll be taking my wife, house and dog hostage...

I've been researching all the advice on here relating to Highview, and despite the infinite wisdom of Facebook friends telling me to ignore it I'm not totally comfortable with that course of action and intend to lodge an appeal, follow this through and defend myself in court should that day come.

To the point of this post.... I'm slightly confused by the status of my PCN....

My first course of action was attempting to appeal the PCN via their own website, this redirects to "w w w. pcnphoto .com". Upon entering my PCN and registration I receive the following message....

Your PCN has been cancelled. If you have any further enquires contact us by email so that our team may assist you directly."

Following this I followed the "Pay Now" link on the Highview website, this redirected me to the parking charge payment website and a table of the PCN details including, Reg, PCN number, Date of Violation, Location, Time In, Time Out, Duration, Current Fee Due....

All of the details are present and correct however, the current fee, and total payable, both show as £0.00. Arrival & Departure pictures are also "temporarily unavailable"

Is this due to the PCN being passed to DRP for collection or can I take this as off the hook?

Thanks in advance guys!

James

Hi and welcome to CAG

As you are well out of time for appeal, I would do three things

1 Get screenshots showing the amount is £0

2 Ignore DR+ as they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and can do nothing to you

3 Sit on your hands (I put this last as you had to use your hands first.)

The only party that could enforce this is Highview but in the last 30 months, they have taken no court action however, that doesn't mean they won't start with you so, I suggest doing nothing until such time a Letter Before Action/Claim or court papers arrive. (HIGHLY unlikely)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox,

Thanks for coming back to me, good advice, I'd already taken screenshots of the pages, thought that was too good to be true!

As much as I'd love to engage in a tit for tat with DR+ I know I should just leave well alone, might be nice to take up a bit of their time reserved for chasing other folk though!

One point regarding Highview, if I change address again within the 6 years of the charge should I inform them?

Thanks again!

James

That may be a wise thing to do and ideally goad them into responding if you are certain of your ground. Highview's signs are normally wrong or contradictory, not to mention the info on their site. Did you get a screen shot/grab of the bit where it says you owe nothing/ticket cancelled? If not worth trying to navigate again (but they may have fixed the problem they had a couple of weeks ago) get a grab of it and save it to beat them with should they be in touch again.

also ask DVLA who has accessed your details and why as there is no legal reason for anyone to do so if they did it at your old address. The assumption of you being the keeper still at the new address is just wrong, they have to go with what they have so going on a fishing trip on the DVLA database is a no-no and you get a complaint in if they have been up to that. Also check to see if they have accessed your credit reference agency files, these are not honest people you are dealing with.