Haven Holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently had a holiday with Haven at Quay West Holiday Park in Wales, while the park was ok there were several issues we had to complain about.

While most were dealt with one of the scary ones was the fridge in the Caravan as every time you opened it, the fridge tipped forward! Bear in mind we had a 2 year old with us and dread to think what could have happened it is had fell on her.

The other issue were uneven slabs outside that sank when it rained and were sticking up, surely a job that should have been done before we had the caravan?

The cooker developed a fault which was fixed temp but the part needed still had not arrived when we left!

I have written to the park about this problems as all were reported to the park, we have had a reply at last offering us £25! the holiday cost over £600

I have been on Haven Holidays before and never had a problem but this was disgusting, even the dance floor was filthy and they were asking children to lay on it!

There were children with scooters on the crazy golf course riding them all over but no staff around, when informed all we got was sorry!

I know £25 is better then nothing but surely inspections etc are carried out before letting out holiday places!

Thank you

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Just to say it took someone from Haven a long time to finally reply to us ,first by email and then we had the letter offering us the £25.

I have not accepted the offer yet, this is the reply to the fridge incident.

Our guest's safety is of paramount importance to us and I understand that your fridge was not to your expectations. While this is not as we would want it to be, I am pleased to note no one was injured.

I just keep thinking what if though, everyone knows what 2 year olds are like, lol, thank you for reading

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

While most were dealt with one of the scary ones was the fridge in the Caravan as every time you opened it, the fridge tipped forward! Bear in mind we had a 2 year old with us and dread to think what could have happened it is had fell on her.

When ever I hear of things like this, I am reminded of a case a few years back of a toddler being severely injured in a Laura Ashley store: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6173402/Laura-Ashley-fined-after-fireplace-collapses-on-toddler.html

Unfortunately, this had happened before in their Guildford store, so they had obviously failed to learn from their mistakes.

Norfolk Trading Standards and the local HSE office are now far more responsive to safety concerns and take a proactive stance when an issue is raised. Perhaps worth having a chat with your local T.S. and mention the above Laura Ashley case.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

thanks Mr P, never gave TS a thought :)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thanks andy, clicked on the TS link but it does not say where to complain?

thanks andy, clicked on the TS link but it does not say where to complain?

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advice/index.cfm

9th down on the left hand side.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thank you very much Andy x

this is a reply from an email I sent to Haven

Thank you for your email received on the 13th June 2016.

I have been discussing the job reported about the slabs with our maintenance manager and team, to ensure when they are doing their regular maintenance checks on our accommodation to be vigilant of the slabs leading up the caravans and carry out any works that is necessary.

Over the coming days we will be carrying out our mid season inspections on all of our caravans across Quay West, and I will ensure my team are checking each individual fridge to ensure all is as it should be.

I noted on my previous letter a £25 service charter voucher to be used again a future booking with Haven, would you like this to be issued as I can get it emailed across to yourself?

I found the link but it says to fill in the form but unless I am going senile( I am old lol ) there was no form to fill in .

Thank you again

Sandy

If there are safety issues at this park which are not being addressed, then you can warn the council authority near to the park. They have responsibility. But obviously separate to your holiday compensation issues.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ty UncleBulgaria

I paid over £600 for this holiday and while that may seem small fry to some to me it is a lot of money.

The Haven person dealing with this is not in the office now till tomorrow! I will see what he comes up with now if he replies that is, can I telll him I am taking the matter further?

I am sorry but I keep getting the image of a fridge falling on the little one :(

Had no response from Haven since last email, time to counter strike

Well, sent an email back to person dealing with this only to get same reply as before, "I am out the office until June 21st", last one said he be back in the office on 17th June.

£25 off another holiday with them !!!

Its isnt even a part refund, just a minimal cost sales incentive. You get better offers from quidco and last minute deals.

I would point out that you HAD used their holiday services on multiple occasions BUT:

The cooker was faulty, the fridge dangerous, and the sunken slabs both dangerous and an eyesore distraction from the holiday, and NONE of these issues were addressed while you were there

and that a £25 voucher off another holiday is an insult.

but thats just me.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Hi TobyJug

I have said that as never had a problem at a Haven site before and while they did sort of fix the slabs when told surely these should have been done before the park opened? It also was strange when we were given the keys to the caravan that they said number 35 0n them but there was no caravan with that number on, by sheer luck we decided to try a caravan in-between numbers 34 and 36 that had number 18 on it, and the keys opened the door, we did go and ask and was told yes that is your caravan!

We had several issues with the caravan tbh, most were dealt with but the staffs attitude was not the best, specially over the crazy golf course incident and the cooker part which when we left still had not arrived.

The fridge should surely have been secure, the site is nice but will not go back there

Sandy

Hi snowdragon,

I have also had satisfactory Haven holidays, and am not bothered by minor niggles,

but if a number of issues detract from the holiday, which are not immediately and effectively rectified, then I feel a forceful complaint is in order and reasonable compensation due.

I might not get it, but they should be informed of what occurred and what is expected.

If they don't - I take my business elsewhere in future and give accurate negative feedback on review sites.

Its in both sides interests to accommodate a resolution, but if they wont - then I put effort into warning others that their holiday enjoyment is at risk if you spend your hard earned money - and worse spend your very precious time with these people.

A holiday which does not deliver the relaxation/break expected is far more than money wasted - its the irreplaceable time and for many a rare holiday and hard earned time with your loved ones spoiled.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Thank you TobyJug

I do nt expect a reply tbh so next step is maybe their head office, if that caravan was supposed to be an upgrade then heaven knows what the other one was like !

Sandy

Thank you TobyJug

I do nt expect a reply tbh so next step is maybe their head office, if that caravan was supposed to be an upgrade then heaven knows what the other one was like !

Sandy

Did you not get the survey Email from them?

Mind you thats revoo isnt it.

I did for my lode hall lodges break.

It was brilliant. Marvelous base for exploring, fabulously clean, friendly and a brilliant BIIIIIG hottub that sits 4 adults with ease.

One cold day we didnt feel like shifting, sat in the tub for hours at 38 degrees chatting.

Pruned ..

The Tory Legacy

no I did not get anything and no reply from them today either

Sandy

Still no reply so maybe a letter to head office? xx I think £25 is an insult tbh

Sandy

Latest email from Haven

hank you very much for your email. Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for my late response as I have been away from the office.

I have offered the £25 service charter voucher of another Haven holiday as a good will gesture because of the issues you had during your stay. Since receiving your email, I have been over to have a look at the fridge in the accommodation you have been staying in to look into this matter further for you. I can see that when the fridge door is open, this would not have tipped due to the counter top stopping it from the top. However, I do understand your concerns and I will ensure that this is looked at by our maintenance team at their earliest convenience to see if this can be improved.

If you would still like to be issued the £25 credit voucher that I have offered, please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself and I can get this issued to you via email. We would love to welcome you back to a Haven Park in the future and I would be happy to personally arrange for the management team at the park you choose to supervise your booking and pre-check your accommodation to ensure that it is perfect for your arrival.

Kind regards,

James Adkins

WHAT RUBBISH, the fridge tipped up/over each time you opened the door and tipped the contents on the floor

Sandy

• 4 weeks later...

I am really disgusted at the attitude of Haven, I liked going to their sites but not even sure I want to go back after their handling of our complaint :mad2:

• 2 weeks later...

I am still in dispute with Haven , they are not listening to my concerns at all. I can not believe a holiday firm like these do not seem to care!

I have never had a bad holiday with them till now

Sandy xx