Hastings direct premier, very bad experience. Help!

Deee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please excuse my spelling

Hi

on the 5th of june 2016 i was involved in a accident, which is a possible fault claim

however this is still under dispute as i do not believe i am at fault.

i called up hastings the next day to register my claim,

they deemed my damage repairable and suggested i use a company called albany, the worst mistake i made.

They also agreed my car was repairable.

I was told i would have my car collected and given a courtesy car within the 24 hour time limit albany had to adhere to,

I registered with them at 4pm on 6th of june and was told their approved garage which was miles away

(long lane motors) from me will pick up my car and provide a courtesy by 11am the next morning.

11am came and i haven't heard a word from anyone,

called up albany and they said the garage (long lane motors) was unable to provide an alternative vehicle

and they have now changed my garage to one even further away place (thompson motors).

I didnt even receive a call to notify me of this and had to call after their agreed time

to find out that my car wont be collected today after taking a day off work.

i thought fair enough but was told now to wait an additional 24 hours,

which was unacceptable as i already had taken a day off work.

When questioning this, as i already had waited 24 hours,

the advisor told me that my 24hours had in fact started at 9am today

as my claim was submitted after 5pm the day before which was a lie.

I confronted her on this and told her where i could make a complaint,

i was advised there was no official complaint procedure and no supervisors on site.

I was not having it and was on there website looking at their page where i could make the complaint,

i made her aware of this, to which she put me on hold for 20mins,

came back and told me quite bluntly

"sorry your car is now deemed a total loss, and we wont be handling your vehicle any longer

and will report back to your insurers with this"

I was perplexed as to what had just happened, and quickly got off the phone and called hastings.

They advised me that my car was in fact deemed a total loss

and albany use a matrix system to evaluate if the costs are economically repairable.

Fair enough but would they not do this at the beginning before taking my claim on? It all seemed a bit fishy to me. I spoke to this girl from hastings that directly deals with albany (lauren i think) and she was appalled and made a complaint on my behalf.

I told her my car has not been looked at once not even a photo so how is it you deem my car as a total loss.

she sent out an "independent" assessor (AIA) and was also told i can use my own garage to get an estimate,

the AIA assessor came on the 8th and viewed my car to see if it was repairable and value it.

I asked him what he thought and he said it will be a total loss due to it being uneconomically repairable.

i waited on his report,

while i was waiting i thought id get a quote from a garage as to how much it would cost.

I used thomson motors (the 2nd one albany gave to use) to get an estimate as i've never used a garage like this before.

They asked me for photos and not to go in.

It is now the 10th and i've called up my insurance about the AIA report and was told it had not arrived yet

and they will call me on saturday to let me know and they said "it looks like it could be repairable".

Ok i said to find out they are not even open on weekends!

monday came and i'm now told it is repairable and the repair has been approved

subject to striping of my car to check if there is no further damage.

But i did not want to use this albany approved garage as i had a terrible experience with them.

I only used them to get an estimate.

I told my insurance that i was happy with a cash in lieu to settle this as they now have a pre accident valuation

and also the repair cost. And i did not trust their process as i had been lied to on many occasions

and told id be called back over 15 different times and got just one call

and that was for me to send in my driving license!

they passed this over to their in house engineers to give me a settlement i was told

and would again be given a call back!.

the next day arrived

i gave them a call

they had no idea what i was talking about and was told the in house engineers open at 9am.

I then received a call at 11am but missed it due to work.

I called back and they don't know who called me or why?

I told them that i am waiting or an offer from the engineers

to which i was told they do not do cash in lieu and that my car was a total loss

and if i wanted to keep the car i would only be paid out 24% of the value of the car,

i told him have you read my notes to which he replied "yes".

Once again i was shocked, he was very rude and i asked to speak to another advisor.

I was on hold for 45mins to a team that have nothing to do with my case.

Hung up after getting fed up and have now just spoken to this girl

and she had told me that they wont be now offering a cash in lieu

and i should take my car to the albany approved garage to get it stripped

to see if there is any more damage,

even after i had mentioned i want nothing to do with albany!

She has now referred me to a manager to again give me a call back.

I have looked at the AIA report and believe it is correct and there is no further damage to my vehicle.

How can i proceed with this as i have spent 8am-8pm all last week monday to friday on the phone to them.

I did not go into work all week and it is now effecting this week.

I have been lied to on many different levels,

how do i proceed with this as i don't have faith in the their system any longer.

Many thanks in advance

I am thinking of going down the fos route, as i believe they will be in my favour, i trued explaining this to hastings as it is extra cost for them also

This is the type of bad service you get when companies outsource many aspects of their claims service. If you call them as many times as you appear to have it is quite likely you will end up being told different things. This is because when you phone, you may speak to a different person, office or company each time and they might not know what is happening.

There is nothing stopping you getting a local garage to quote for the repair work and for you to see whether this is a viable option. Hastings won't pay more than they could get the car repaired for or the value of a write off claim less what they could for the salvage.

The bad thing about you organising your own repair, is that if the garage you choose finds more damage, then Hastings might not want to pay for it. Also if the repair is substandard, that would be up to you to sort out. If you use a garage through Hastings/Albany and there are any issues Hastings would be responsible.

If you go to any Insurance internet forum, you will find numerous complaints about Albany. But they deal with a large volume of accident claims, so it is possibly not unexpected.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Sorry to see you have had these problems during your claim. I’d be happy to look into this further for you if you could message me your DOB/Name/Claim ref to [email protected]

Kind regards,

Tash

Hi tash/joe

I have replied with the required info.

All i want is to save money and time on this as i have given enough of it already which probably wont be reimburesed. A cash in lieu is the ideal situation as i do not have time anymore to spare on this. Whether it be to find a new garage or to give time on repairs. I just want to be compensated.

Hope to hear from you soon

Deeee

Edited by martin2006

Have amended your name to your user name to avoid identifiable info on thread

Martin

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi,

Sorry to see you have had these problems during your claim. I’d be happy to look into this further for you if you could message me your DOB/Name/Claim ref to [email protected]

Kind regards,

Tash

Thanks martin, i also had no reply tash/joe

I have since taken it to my local garage and no futher damage was found and hooked up a diagnostic machine and no accident related issues.

Ok so an update

They did not phone me back within 24hours from a manager and had to chase this up again! Funny enough that today i was able to talk to one straight away and yesterday it was "wait 24hours".

That aside, she could not do anything for me what so ever, than what was already being offered which was again use the albany garage or your own.

I cant do etheir i work 12 hours shifts and have already taken a whole week off work to sort this out and the next time im able to take it to the garage is in 2 weeks and even then they will have to add me to the waiting list.

Ive been told before i go the fos route i have to raise an in house complaint which takes 8 weeks? Is that correct?

But ive raised it with her but have so much mistrust that i will call tomorrow to check if she has put this through to them as i was apparently unable to be put threw to them now to make a complaint?

And she would on my behalf.

Im happy waiting now as i have no other option but could someone confirm this to me.

Many thanks in advance

Yes you have to give Insurers 8 weeks to resolve a complaint, but you can ask the Insurers to issue their final response earlier, so you can go to the FOS earlier.

Why don't you allow your car to be picked up and taken to local garage or Albany garage for authorised repair. I am sure Hastings can arrange this and you don't have to be waiting around for weeks, if your Hastings policy provides fir a courtesy car that can be arranged as well. Other Insurers are so much better at this. I have known many Insurers to pick up cars within a few days, provide a courtesy car and the car back repaired within a week. Hastings/Albany do seem to have a problem with their claims service, which people should be aware of if they are thinking of buying Insurance from them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

How earlier can i ask for their final response.

The reason being i work 12 hour shifts 8am to 8pm, already have taken a week off work and dont have the time anymore until two weeks time. Also they have promised on numerous occasions to pick my car up and provide a courtesy car, but always cancel or say they dont have a courtesy car available, this happened on two occasions at the begining. Had advisors telling me they will personally outsource one from enterprise and will definatly be available. Im really fustrated and had enough of wasting my time trying to get a repair done from them. They outsource everything. They are not a insurance company just a broker, it is in fact provided by advantage. I only realised this after i got my policy!

You just ask them for final response now, as you are totally fed up with their ability to provide a claims service and need the intervention of the FOS to address the situation.

Surprised Joe from Hastings has not managed to get a claims manager involved and asked them to sort this out. The whole point of customer relations staff is to obtain quick action, to stop these complaints going on too long, to stop reputational damage. Perhaps Hastings have had trouble contacting you ?

Hi Deee

I can see that we attempted to call you yesterday, however we were unable to reach you. As we couldn’t speak with you directly, we sent you an email detailing our understanding of the situation and offered for you to get back in touch should you need anything further.

When looking into the communication you have had with Hastings Direct, I cannot see that we’ve informed you that your vehicle is not repairable. I also cannot see that we have instructed Albany to take your vehicle to the two garages named in your complaint or made any promises concerning a courtesy vehicle. We have been corresponding with Albany and they have also advised that they have no record that they’ve instructed a garage for you.

I understand that you do not wish to pay your excess, however due to the circumstances of your claim Albany Assistance are unable to offer a credit hire and repair service. As a result the only way to proceed with the claim/repairs is to pay your excess upon completion of repairs/settlement and we look will look to make a financial recovery from the third party’s insurers. I must explain that your excess is the first part of any claim you have agreed to pay, regardless of fault, as part of the contract you have with us. If you are unable to proceed to repairs and pay your excess upon completion, we will be unable to assist you with the damages to your vehicle.

I can confirm that a complaint has been logged with Albany Assistance on your behalf and they have a maximum of 8 weeks to provide a response, however they aim to respond within 4 weeks if possible.

Many thanks,

Tash

Hi Deee

I can see that we attempted to call you yesterday, however we were unable to reach you. As we couldn’t speak with you directly, we sent you an email detailing our understanding of the situation and offered for you to get back in touch should you need anything further.

When looking into the communication you have had with Hastings Direct, I cannot see that we’ve informed you that your vehicle is not repairable. I also cannot see that we have instructed Albany to take your vehicle to the two garages named in your complaint or made any promises concerning a courtesy vehicle. We have been corresponding with Albany and they have also advised that they have no record that they’ve instructed a garage for you.

I understand that you do not wish to pay your excess, however due to the circumstances of your claim Albany Assistance are unable to offer a credit hire and repair service. As a result the only way to proceed with the claim/repairs is to pay your excess upon completion of repairs/settlement and we look will look to make a financial recovery from the third party’s insurers. I must explain that your excess is the first part of any claim you have agreed to pay, regardless of fault, as part of the contract you have with us. If you are unable to proceed to repairs and pay your excess upon completion, we will be unable to assist you with the damages to your vehicle.

I can confirm that a complaint has been logged with Albany Assistance on your behalf and they have a maximum of 8 weeks to provide a response, however they aim to respond within 4 weeks if possible.

Many thanks,

Tash

Hi can you rearrange a call back for me, i called back but dont think ive been put threw to the right team.

And i did not recieve your email. Only one i had was to hand in driving license documents.

Well all your calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. And im quite suprised at to what you are accusing me of!

1. You said my car was repairable and You fowarded me to albany

2. albany instructed me on two different occasions from two different garages that they will pick up my car and give me a courtesy while my car was being repaired.

They have a 24 hour period to which they have to provide this service. I waited 3 days! Promises where made on both sides, albany and hastings.

3. Once they where not able to provide this I confirm that i was told by albany that my car was a total loss before anyone even came to view my car. This was also hastings stance! until i forced you guys to send out an independent assesors (AIA)!

4. I personally went to the approved garage recommended to me albany and hastings to get a qoute on repairs

5. Aia now deem car repairable

6. Hastings now willing to pay out for repairs

But i have no time to go to a garage or time for someone to come pick my car up.

I HAVE NOT ONCE MENTIONED I DO NOT WANT TO PAY THE EXCESS!! THIS IS MANDORTARY AND I ACCEPT THIS! PLEASE DO NOT LIE!

ALL I WANT IS A SETTLEMENT MINUS MY EXCESS. OR IF YOU WANT I WILL PAY EXCESS BEFORE SETTLEMENT SAME THING!

I have been beaten around the bush. And cant just believe what i have seen on here now. Please call me asap as this is unacceptable!

Many thanks

dee

Quotation of repairs is £1949 which have been approved my hastings, my excess is £100, why is it so hard to get a settlement when you guys have beated me around the bush, left me wasting my time for one whole week and missing work and vital income! Promising a service but then withdraw on more than one ocasion, i have an ongoing complaint now with hastings themselfs and will be taking this to the fos as this is unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Deee

Many thanks,

Tash

Still no response!!!