end of term GE/Prestige - We have paid 89k already on a 30k loan!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening

Can anyone offer any advice. My secured loan is due to end on the 4th July 2016, it was originally with GE money who sold to Prestige finance. Original loan was unregulated 30k, to date paid back 89k. There is still a balance of 10k made up of charges and additional interest.

I will continue to make payments but wondered what will happen now, can they charge whatever interest rate they like because the original agreement has/will end?

Any advice greatly appreciated before I ring them to negotiate.

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

well you were told last year to get reclaiming harris

so did you?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you were told last year to get reclaiming harris

so did you?

Yes I tried only got back a measly few when i ended up getting the ombudsman involved.

No where near the amt I have paid.

To be honest i do not have the time to keep battling with these people

i have a terminally ill father who i wld rather spend time with when not working.

My loan has now expired and the balance left is 10k all made up of charges that were added to arrears. We have paid 89k already on a 30k loan!

Therefore i was asking what the other post meant and wondered if GE may be one of those! Prestige are just the same! We have tried with them to negotiate a reduced figure but again they only offer a couple of 100 even though they can see how GE handled the account

The only way you will get anywhere with the likes of GE and Prestige is to issue a court claim for all the charges and additional interest on the charges, plus compound restitutional interest at the same rate you were charged, or a fair average over the term.

It might not be what you want to do but the alternative is simply keep paying them blindly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Whomever added the charges, it could well mean 2 claims, 1 to each if both charged you unlawful fees.

You will need the statements from both companies so a sar to each will be necessary if you dont already have them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.