style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just for clarity billy, has the default now been removed and are we looking at the compensatory side of things now or is the default still there?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can prove if necessary in court that Barclays are at fault.

From a compensatory point if view i believe there are 2 areas which require remedy.

1. Compensation for the erroneous data entry on your credit file. This wont be a great amount, probably between £250 and £500 would be reasonable.

2. The drawdown from the pension. You have already had the benefit of the £20k so you cant reclaim that, but what i believe you can claim is the amount that your £20k would have made had it remained in your pension. To calculate that you need to speak to the pension provider.

Begin with the avarage rate the pension pot has grown in %.

Work this into a compound interest spreadsheet to calculate how much longer it would have stayed there before buying an annuity.

It should be the interest lost on 20k between drawdown and actually drawing a pension.

If any of the other team members have any other input im sure they will jump in to advise further.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I agree with Martin's view.

You need to work out what the missing £20K is likely to have earned you, had you not had to take it out.

Also you need to amass any proof you can to show that you had to use this alternative as a result of the adverse data incorrectly posted by Barclays.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have had an update from Experian Credit Expert verbally on 14/08/16, they have promised to send out confirmation correspondence directly to me re the conversation etc....

Experian have informed me that they removed my expired default date (04/01/16) on or around the 14th of January 2016.

The above would have Been exactly what I was expecting. However they re-instated the very same on or around the 02/02/2016, changing the Default date to 13/08/2014 now to expire 13/08/2020.

They "Credit Expert" could not find any justification for this erroneous action and are now looking as to how this has occurred.

Regards

Billy.

I have had an update from Experian Credit Expert verbally on 14/08/16, they have promised to send out confirmation correspondence directly to me re the conversation etc....

Experian have informed me that they removed my expired default date (04/01/16) on or around the 14th of January 2016.

The above would have Been exactly what I was expecting. However they re-instated the very same on or around the 02/02/2016, changing the Default date to 13/08/2014 now to expire 13/08/2020.

They "Credit Expert" could not find any justification for this erroneous action and are now looking as to how this has occurred.

Regards

Billy.

Do all the "theys" refer to credit expert or the original creditor?

Does the default show on the other credit agency files with the renewed default date?

Hi Martin

I have had an update from Experian Credit Expert verbally on 14/08/16, they (Experian Credit Expert) have promised to send out confirmation correspondence directly to me re our conversation etc....

Experian have informed me that they (Experian) could see that the expired default date of 04/01/16 was removed from my report on or around the 14th of January 2016.

The above would have Been exactly what I was expecting. However they (Credit Expert) see the re-instating of the very same default date on or around the 02/02/2016, changing the Default date to 13/08/2014 now to expire 13/08/2020.

They "Credit Expert" could not find any justification for this and are now looking as to how this has occurred.

Regards

Billy.

• 4 months later...

icon1.png Re: Barclays bank PLC falsified my credit information with the credit agencies.

Please could anyone assist with the below with good sound advise.

I am considering replying to the Financial Ombudsman as per the below.

Financial Ombudsman service

Exchange Tower

London

E14 9SR

11/02/2017

Dear Sir/s

Your ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

I believe that Barclay Partner Finance are legally and morally responsible for the financial situation that resulted in my having to take money out of my pension, all of this is due to the business practices they BPF employed and to which they have admitted with regards to their systems, thus having a damaging effect on my credit file.

I wish for you (Financial Ombudsman Services) to uphold my appeal which would then allow me to pursue Barclays Partner Finance to reclaim my monetary loss incurred through their professional negligence.

My reasoning is as such:-

I duly wrote to BPF, (Barclays Partner Finance) on the 21/03/2016 by recorded delivery to ask them why my credit file was amended to show a new default date after the original default expired on the 4th of January 2017.

I tried on a number of occasions to get in contact with BPF, I requested Experian to contact them again on my behalf as I was getting nowhere/no response to my letter.

I finally managed to obtain a contact number for their customer service with whom I spoke to on a number of occasions, BPF customer Services confirmed that there was a department that was looking at my case and would be responding to me in due course.

It required yet another call by me to be informed that a letter was sent out to me in May with a cash offer for the inconvenience caused, I did not receive this letter.

I sent another recorded letter to BPF dated 18/11/2016 and did not receive a response or any form of acknowledgement.

I made yet another call to BPF early this December to be told that the particular department that was dealing with my issue would not be entering into any further dialogue and that I should perhaps contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.

This is the first time that I have been referred to yourselves (Ombudsman Services) by BPF to seek any form of information/support, only now to be informed that it is outside of a 6 month period and that you are not able to give me any assistance with my rights.

I believe that Barclays played this 6 month card rule.

I have not received any of the compensation that Barclays offered to pay me as a gesture of goodwill.

Yours sincerely

i don't have much time to respond at the mo but I would advise you not to send this letter.

It needs rewording at the very least

It is correct that FOS will not look at your case if 6 months have oassed since you received a final response from BPF.

However, with regards to the default, this can be tackled with the Information Commissioners Office, anytime, but can take time to resolve.

Alternatively, there is county court action for recovering lost monies/compensation and additionally, removing any erroneous default.