style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please would any member be able to assist with the following issue that I am having with Clydesdale Finance

who have changed a default date with Experian Credit Expert which has greatly affected my Credit file.

The issue is:

I had had a debt that should have expired 04.01.16 after 6 years,

I was eagerly awaiting this to enable myself to move forward with my own financial plans.

I recently checked with Experian Credit expert to make sure that my score was still at 999

and that the expected bad debts would disappear from my personal report.

I was amazed to see that my credit report score had drastically dropped to 734 barely over the poor mark.

I duly contacted Experian to find out what has happened.

Experian contacted Clydesdale on my behalf to be informed that I personally would have to contact them to discuss the matter.

This proved to be impossibility as I could not find any information as to the contact numbers

I would need to contact this company nor could Experian provide me with a contact number

saying that they will only accept written contact.

On the advise of Experian I duly wrote to them on the 22.02.16

asking them for an explanation as to how and why they have changed my personal financial data with Experian.

I provided screen shots of the original default dates that were applicable

which was 04/01/2010 which should have expired off my personal credit file from this date.

To date I have not even had the courtesy of an contact/acknowledgement of my letter which was signed for and duly received.

My questions are:

1) Can a Finance company operate this way legally?

2) What should I now do to move this forward

3) Can I take legal proceeding

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clydesdale are Barclay partners finance.

what address did you write to?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Billy,

1. Can you confirm this was not a loan secured on a property of yours.

2. Approx what date does the default now show.

There are ways to deal with this once we have the info we need.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Billy

What date was it supposed to be?

See below for some contacts....

Barclays Partner Finance is a trading name of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC.

[email protected] - CEO Group

[email protected] - Comp Secretary

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

The original default date was the 04.01.2010. so would expire 04.01.2016

Clydesdale have changed this default date during 2015 to 13.08.2014. now to expire 13.08.2020.

Any suggestions would be very welcome at this moment in time.

This was not a secured loan on a property of mine.

The original default date was the 04.01.2010. so would expire 04.01.2016

Clydesdale have changed this default date during 2015 to 13.08.2014. now to expire 13.08.2020.

I wrote to the following address:

Clydesdale Finance - Customer Services

THE AVENUE BUSINESS PARK, PENTWYN, CARDIFF, CF23 8LA

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Billy,

Post up a copy of the letter you sent but hide any personal identifiers.

If they fail to correct the default date we'll take it from there, depending on how the bank respond.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

22/02/2016

Dear Sirs

I have been informed by Experian Credit Expert that Clydesdale Finance will not divulge the reasons why they have falsified my data/records with Experian Credit Expert.

I find this very scary that financial records/data can be manipulated at the whim of a financial institution.

Please can you explain why you have taken it upon yourselves to change a default date with Experian Credit Expert relating to an account I had with yourselves.

This has seriously affected my right to a full and fair evaluation on any credit applications that I have or may have made previously.

The original date of the default is the 04/01/2010 which was changed by notification to Experian Credit Expert by Clydesdale to a new date of 13/08/2014. Please find original data information along with the newly changed data (screenshot) enclosed with this letter.

I believe this to be a totally irresponsible and negligent act by Clydesdale and request an immediate answer as to why this was done.

Failure to respond to this letter within the next 7 days will result in the escalation to the Financial Ombudsman services and the Data Protection Agency as a personal complaint against Clydesdale Finance for falsifying records/data.

I expect an immediate response to this letter and details of action taken to correct the falsification of my Data with the relevant Credit Agencies.

not a very good letter but never mind

you complain to the ICO not the FOS regarding false CRA file info

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thanks for the interest and comments.

I do see why the letter is not one of the best,

how would you suggest going forwards,

do I write to them again as still not received any acknowledgement to date.

or do I write directly to the ICO.

Is there a letter template that I could use to put my complaint into a more effective format for the ICO.

Regards

Billy

Hi Billy,

There's no template for this so wait and see if they reply (I'd say within 10 days).

Then you can write a LBA threatening court action to get the remedy you require, but only if you're prepared to take such court action.

Further to my previous contact, it has been well over 10 days since my original request was received by Clydesdale Finance.

I have received no response.

I am more than happy to move forward with this and would very much welcome your input/suggestion as to the best process to achieve the result that I require.

Many thanks

Billy

Hi Billy,

I'd send a Letter Before Action telling Barclays Bank PLC t/a Clydesdale Finance that they have a final 14 days to respond fully to your complaint or you'll take further action as necessary including court action and formal complaints.

Address the letter to the CEO's Office and send it to Barclays Banks's London HQ and enclose a copy of the original letter.

Get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO.

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I managed to speak to Barclay's today who confirmed that they have found the account in question

and stated that they had someone who was looking at it and would be back to me by letter within a week.

I have agreed to this.

I will keep you posted as to the outcome and what they say.

Kind Regards

Billy

Dear Slick

Just a quick update re my correspondence and personal contact with Barclay's/Clydesdale Finance.

I sent a recorded letter 02022/03/16, it was signed for 24/03/16.

I followed up the letter with a call to Barclay's who said that they were dealing with this issue

with their escalation team and would be back in due course.

Having heard nothing by 10/03/16

I rang Barclay's again and spoke to a team member who looked into my query

and said that the escalation team were handling this and they would be back to me by the 18/03/16.

Having heard nothing to date

I duly rang Barclay's this morning and spoke to another member of the customer service team

who were not based at Clydesdale's office in Wales as the number transferred my call from this location,

this person tried several times unsuccessfully to transfer me through to the escalation team

who would theoretically be dealing with my case.

It was finally suggested that I continue to call the number 0800 1522 888 to hopefully speak to someone,

they also confirmed that they have emailed the team to call me,

once again I am not holding my breath that this will happen.

What would you suggest I now do

as I am getting nowhere whatsoever with this company

who obviously does not want to try to justify a reason

that would warrant the changing of statutory information on my credit file.

Kind Regards

Billy

Hi Billy,

Stop trusting the bank to do what they say !

Stop trying to sort this by phone ! Stay off the phone completely unless you are recording all calls.

Follow the advice in post #12 above.

Thanks Slick

I have sent the following to the CEO today, is this the correct format in your experience.

Mr Anthony Jenkins Chief Executive Officer

Barclays Bank PLC t/a Clydesdale Finance

Canary Wharf Group

2 Churchill Pl, London E14 5RB

Dear Sir

I have tried in vain to get a satisfactory result/response to my complaint against your company.

The complaint which requires immediate action is as follows, that Barclays Bank PLC t/a Clydesdale Finance has changed my personal finance file with the credit agencies (Experian) being the one that I subscribe to.

My credit file has been changed from a defaulted account date of the 04.01.2010 to the following date 13.08.2014.

The above has severely impacted my ability to obtain credit and I believe that your company has acted improperly without due diligence in manipulating my credit file.

I request an immediate response to the above and an explanation of how this has occurred.

You have had the mandatory 14 days to respond to my previous letter and have not done so to date, unless I get a full response to this letter by Friday 25/03/2016 I will take further action as necessary including court action and formal complaints.

Please find enclose a copy of the original letter received by Bank PLC t/a Clydesdale Finance on the 24/02/2016 including copies of the changes made with Experian.

Yours sincerely

Many thanks

Billy

Looks fine and keep us posted.

Hi

Today I received a text from Barclay's saying that they have received my complaint.

Nothing more.

What should I do as I sent the original letter on 22nd February and they received it recorded on the 24th February.

Many thanks

Billy

Well you also emailed the exec team so i suspect that its in response to that. for now just leave it,

As this is a complaint im in the mind set that actually talking over the phone might not be a bad idea. Sometimes it can open up good dialect so that both the bank and you are on the same footing.

If they say they will contact you back, maybe speak to them. It might not be a bad idea.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Watching with interest, have a similar situation with barclays

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 months later...

Barclays Bank PLC changed my credit information with the credit agencies

which resulted in my file having incorrect information.

I wrote to them to ask them to remove this and also to ask why it was changed from

a default ending 04/01/2016 to 13/08/2020 .

They eventually wrote back stating;-

”Unfortunately from our records it is not clear why the date of the default was changed to 13th august 2014.

I have arranged for the default registered in relation to this account to be removed

and your personal credit file has been updated”

The effect of the above has caused serious financial consequences to me and my family.

Due to the incorrect information being submitted to the various credit agencies by Barclays

meant that I was not in a position to obtain a loan that I required at the time

which was essential to my ability to pay bills and to honour my on-going obligations for a short period of time.

The above resulted in my having to cash in a part of my SERPs retirement pension

to enable me to meet my financial responsibilities.

I believe that I am now entitled to seek financial compensation due to the

irresponsible negligent actions of Barclays Bank Plc.

Barclays made a £100 offer with the last letter they sent.

Please could anyone advise where I stand in making a financial compensation claim

and kindly advise me which way should I proceed?

Many thanks

Billy

These are very serious allegations and I can scarcely imagine that the incorrect information was placed on your credit file fraudulently – meaning intentionally to deceive. However, they are serious allegations and if you got all the paperwork to prove it and if you can demonstrate the losses that you have suffered then you are in a very good position and we will be pleased to help you.

I think we would like to see a copy of their letter from you admitting that they did alter the information on your credit file. You should redact this in order to remove the identifiers. Have you checked that the record is now corrected?

What evidence have you got that this has impacted you in the way that you describe and that it has caused the losses to you which you claim?

It will be very important to make sure that you have got a complete and unchallengeable file before you start to take any action.

I think you should also send an SAR to them. Do it now. You want to try and get everything that they have. When you get the disclosure then you need to check it very closely and apart from anything else see if you can spot anything that is obviously missing from it as well. This could be more important than the documents which the SAR contains.

and they