Forced Warranty GAP Insurance - CARSHOP

BLADES65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE:

Reply form FOS regarding cheques sent as Gesture of Goodwill.

As the offer is a gesture of goodwill then you can accept it at this time. If we deem more should be owed then we will ask them to pay the difference.

However, you can discuss the amount with CarShop before cashing the cheques if you wish, then you are entitled to do so.

my spy tells me:

just to add they have lumped s79

and s77 into one agreement (s18)

repo rights wrong vt rights wrong

bordering on fraud by garage

Agreement hopeless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

What practically can i do about this?

I'd love to give the car back to them and walk away from the whole sorry mess.

Obviously FOS complaint is now initiated and they will have the full pack of documentation and history of the case early next week.

Thanks as always.

well prove post 53

and then i'd be alerting the FOS to these facts.

could make the agreement null and void [

and you'll find you'll get all your payments back

and simply hand the car back and its quits all round.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456690-Multiple-agreements-falling-within-section-18-CCA-1974-(update)

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Again,

Having read the link you posted and gone over the pre-contract explanation document and agreement as well as the actual agreement sent from Santander nowhere is the GAP or Warranty worded as such. They are mentioned as 'Extras' and 'Motor Insurance on the agreements which I posted above.

They are not split as per the example in the link into there contitutant parts of Amount of Credit, Repayments, Total Amount Payable, APR Rate or Cash Price of Policy.

They have all been lumped under one total sum of 'Amount of Credit £10,296.99, Total amount payable £14974.80 Repayable by 1 of £416.20 followed by 52 payments of £266.20 and one payment of £416.20 payable 54 months from date of agreement.

Thanks

yep hidden as we found out.

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm sorry to try to open an old thread but I am having the exact same issue. I have never claimed anything back before but am hoping to do so from The Car People. Could anyone tell me the address to send my letter into? I bought my Car from the Doncaster store in 2015 and was also told that the credit would only go though if I took out all these insurances; GAP £449.00 Warranty £599.00 'Other' £299.00. I would like my insurances cancelling and refunding if possible as I do not want or need them. I would like to know the address if anyone has it please?

Kind regards, Toregina

Also I have no idea what the 'Other' is. Literally they printed the forms, told me I was lucky to get this deal as I had less than perfect credit and that was that. Only now since calling Black Horse do I realise I did not need to take out these insurances at all. Do the salesmen get a commission from this? Why would they pile all this onto me knowing I was stretching my finances so much in the first place? My interest rate is 13.0% and over 60 months so I am just about half way through at the moment. I am trying to send the car back through voluntary termination but Black Horse are saying although I have paid more than 50% and am within my rights to give it back, there is still over £1k left of insurances and that needs to be cleared on the day I give up the car? I honestly don't know what to do as I am actually suffering financial hardship and I have 3 children to support alone. They did say I could take out a repayment plan but would be given a default on my credit file which I am desperately working on getting clear at the moment. But why should I pay something that I believe was mis sold to me? Anyone that could advise me please do so I would be more than grateful.

Sorry interest rate is 13.9%

need to start a new thread

of your own tor

and they

click start a new thread

and they