Over Half Of Jobs In UK Solar Industry Lost In Wake Of Subsidy Cuts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I always tell a tale or two.

Many years ago i decided to live in a cave.Over twenty years ago On a tropical island.

Every now and again i ventured to civilisation.

Up one of those high rise apartment blocks.To look out far across the sea to Africa.

On looking down it was fantastic to see how the island was powered by solar,never mind tidal,wind and all the rest we could talk about.

Solar City i named it.

Just a memory.

Someone mention fracking,not me:-)

Thanks for posting postmn.

I am learning a little about Solar as i go along.

Will consumers get payback or people who invest in this idea.The people who put their money where their mouth is,and how much,it always comes down to that.

A article i just found.I will find more as time goes on.

They offer income of 6% a year, but are giant solar farms the investment opportunity you've been looking for?

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-3078529/Are-giant-solar-farms-income-opportunity-ve-looking-for.html#ixzz4BHWCAKiR

Good heavens can you believe it.

Slightly different but just a break while people decide to post their views on the main theme of this thread.

Breaking news.

I can see myself donate ing some of my hard earned cash into this solar business.

Solar plane lands in New York City during bid to circle the globe With video.

The propeller-driven Solar Impulse flies without a drop of fuel and its four engines are powered solely by energy collected from more than 17,000 solar cells built into its wings.

Surplus power is stored in four batteries during the day, to keep the plane aloft on extreme long-distance flights.

The carbon-fiber plane, with a wingspan exceeding that of a Boeing 747 and the weight of a family car, is unlikely to set speed or altitude records. It can climb to 28,000 feet (8,500 m), and cruise at 34 to 62 mph (55 to 100 kph).

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-solar-airplane-idUSKCN0YX06Z