Work asking me to work at a different office , much further away

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Work have asked me to go work at a different office but the train journey to it from my house is 1 hour 45 minutes as opposed to my current 45 minutes to my present office. Work assumed I was on a newer floating support contract but I'm on the older contract which states my normal place of work.

My Contract says:

Your normal place of work will be at the following address(es): My work address

You may, however, be required from time to time to work anywhere within the service area which is within a reasonable distance from your normal place of work. You may also be required to travel within the UK for the proper performance of your duties.

The company reserves the right to relocate you on a temporary basis anywhere in the North region within a reasonable distance from your normal place of work, where there is a justifiable business need to do so.

There will also be an additional £15 train fares daily incurred which I will get back as expenses but basically have to fork out £300 and wait to get it back at the end of the month.

What are my rights here, is it coùnsidered reasonable to ask me to travel that far, considering the difference? They want to move me permanently.

are they offering a home relocation package?

are they saying your position in the current location is redundant?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I'm sure with DWP they state that a 2 hour commute is suitable, I would think unless stated otherwise you will be expected to move office however reading your post fully they should only be able to do this on a temporary basis, you should maybe get in writing from them what they consider to be a temporary length (guessing should be 3 month's max)

I'm sure with DWP they state that a 2 hour commute is suitable,

Unless things have changed, the DWP expect claimants to look for work up to 90 minutes travel time each way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Keyword here is 'reasonable' and that is not strictly defined as it depends on individual circumstances which may make it 'unreasonable' to undertake a lengthy commute

So, childcare commitments? Care for a relative? Ease of access to public transport? What impact would the change have on your day to day existence? Make your case from there and negotiate

As in Post 2, what is the employer offering by way of a relocation package were you to move home? What chance of a salary increase to take into account the additional time and inconvenience to home and family life?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Unless things have changed, the DWP expect claimants to look for work up to 90 minutes travel time each way.

I stand corrected sorry for any confusion,

I think the information I had was via talking to someone else at the pip assesment, they had asked another claimant to go to Leeds I belive for assessment from Liverpool

are they offering a home relocation package?

are they saying your position in the current location is redundant?

There not asking me to move home. Just to commute the 1 hour 45.

Keyword here is 'reasonable' and that is not strictly defined as it depends on individual circumstances which may make it 'unreasonable' to undertake a lengthy commute

So, childcare commitments? Care for a relative? Ease of access to public transport? What impact would the change have on your day to day existence? Make your case from there and negotiate

As in Post 2, what is the employer offering by way of a relocation package were you to move home? What chance of a salary increase to take into account the additional time and inconvenience to home and family life?

Work are aware I have a paranoid personality disorder and I don't like being to far away from home incase of emergencies.

My child is all grown up however I do occasionly look after my man.

They don't want me to relocate, just commute there.

So in theory I should have a case at 105 minutes travel. That's ensuring all trains are running in.time (Lol)

I was in this situation 10 years ago.

My contract wording were exactly the same as yours.

The union at the time advised me correctly to decline the offer because a new contract would need to be negotiated.

If they're shutting your current office they should offer redundancy, that's what I took at the time.

Looks like I dont have a leg to stand on. I was looking at an old contract . Looks like im travelling that daily. My current one states

4.1 You will be based at out office at xxxxxxx You will be expected to travel and work within other locations throughout the companies area of operation.

4.2 Any relocation of staff on a permanent basis will be within the UK and will be within the company's area of operation. Any relocation will be carried out in accordance with the companies polices and procedures as currently set out in the companys joint resource planning agreement.