Skoda extended waranty

landlor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends,

Skoda refused my claim saying that my car has run out of warranty. I made the claim on 25-April and my warranty was valid till 07-May but they said that since they can't get an appointment by 07-May, they refused. When I pressed they gave me an appointment for 03-May but I could not make it because I was not well. Then they gave me an appointment for 09-June but when I went to the service center on 09-June, there they refused saying that warranty has run out.

Is that valid? I sent them a letter before action today. If they don't agree within 14 days, I plan to raise MCOL for £300.00.

Can you guys please tell me if they are correct in refusing my claim.

You really are giving is very much detail are you.

We have no idea what the age of the car is, what it cost, what is worth now, when you bought it, what went wrong with it, when did the fault arise.

Also, I see that you have sent them a letter before action. Well nice to see that you're so enthusiastic but from the rest of your post, you don't seem to be at all prepared if you don't even understand whether or not there is some liability.

Bringing a small claim is not very difficult, but if you don't understand the law and if you don't have an idea what the procedure might be then you can end up making a fool of yourself.

I suggest that you start off again and tell us all the details.

Thanks Bankfodder for the reply.

My Skoda car is 2002 make. I bought it last year for £1200.00, and the it came with extended warranty, which typically costs £300.00.

The reverse sensors of car stopped working, sometimes in the mid of April-2016 and I reported this on 25-April.

I believe that their outright refusal to even look into my claim is a breach of contract and therefore they must return full price of warranty, as they did not deliver the service when required.

Thanks.

You say 'Skoda refused claim', do you mean VW themselves or a Skoda dealer ??

Can you tell us the date you bought the car ?

Are these sensors an after fit or original equipment ?

You say 'which typically costs £300.00', was that inclusive in the price of the car or did you have to pay extra for that ?

Who is the dealer and who is the warranty with please and who is refusing to look at the car, the seller or the warranty company ??