• Tweets

• I'm trying to understand your story because is not completely clear. You bought the car auction and you were aware at the time of the purchaser there was an ABS fault. Subsequently an ABS fault developed both this was a different fault and not of the type that have been flagged up at the auction. Is this correct? If you bought the car knowing that there was a particular ABS fault then I don't think you have any comeback. However if the fort which subsequently occurred is not the one which was flagged up at auction then you may be in a better position
    • Hearing adjourned until 23rd March. Looks like the other dates remain the same so I'm gonna have to send in a witness statement regardless of whether CEL plan to continue with this.
    • I'm a new victim of Junction City Cars so called dealership. I've bought a car from them, picked up the car from the address in Bradford /Shipley. Lots of issues with my purchase. Apparently they don't have a billing address. I've been to their address found on autotrader, it is the Andrew's Page shop in Leeds. The address in Dewsbury does not exist either, because the special delivery letter sent by us was returned back to me. They have no any traceable address or any address for correspondence. My advice to everyone who's been scammed by these  people to proceed with your investigation and complains to all the authorities possible,   starting with consumer rights(phone number 0345 404 0506), autotrader customer security (phone number 0330 303 9001) and even police or crimestoppers. Anyone wishing to buy a car from them please research first and don't believe any positive reviews they are all made up by 'Adam'.
    • I bought a car from an auction in Jan 2019 and the car engine fault light indicated there was a problem with the ABS. It went to an Audi Dealership for a diagnostic scan to identifying exactly the problems with this car.   One of them was a faulty ABS system which had the component, namely the ABS hydraulic pump identified as being faulty. Since then, this has been independently addressed by a non-Audi dealership but now a new fault code  was recorded that hadn’t been formerly discussed.   The code 01130 ‘Operation: Implausible signal’ declared itself and is related to the 45F2 ABS AUDI UK recall over a year ago. If put this to the dealership who did the diagnostic scan that previous campaigns that have now closed are looked at they will find that this is in fact an Audi recall fault and as such needs to be addressed courtesy of AUDI.   In fact, the same recall fault was listed as an item of charge. When I asked why the ECU had to be changed as well and told it was ‘because the ‘ECU is one and the same unit as the hydraulic pump and the two are replaced because of the way it is constructed’.   The matter has been raised with AUDI UK who tell me that having originally fixed the fault at the time of the initial recall on this car, the campaign open for 6 months was now closed and they wouldn’t be honouring the recall.   As AUDI pointed out when this fault was first identified, this was a serious safety issue and as such I informed the Trading Standards. They were satisfied that the safety issue had been addressed but had no redress as the campaign was now closed.   I was informed the 6 months was not set impartially but at the company’s discretion. They believed the Motor Ombudsman would resolve the issue.  This advice and the state of deadlock lead  me onto reporting it to the Motor Ombudsman but they flatly said they didn’t deal with recalls and ask Citizens Advice.    I feel that a safety recall on a fault is an issue indefinitely if it exists as the fault lies in the design and construction which is implied as the manufacturer foots the bill. How is it that after 6 months they are absolved of accountability? Is this negligence on behalf of Audi? I am not sure why the Trading Standards don’t see this as an issue apart from it being a ‘legal matter’.    What advice would you give me on going forward? 
    • Hi TP,   The good news is - You don't have to prove anything !   You've already explained your position to Harlands and need do or say any more.   Just ignore them.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1259 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They work on fear & intimidation hoping that you know nothing and will succumb to their demands. Really they have no powers unless of course they have seized goods which then does give them the upper hand. All the while you deny them this leaves you in control and if they want to get something out of it they would do well to listen to what you have to say or offer. If you can then you should try & record any calls and/or visits - you do not have to tell them what you are doing.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct me if im wrong here.

After reading replies to this comment and researching on other forums,

unless they gain access to your home in the correct way

or any outbuilding such as a garage,

they cant take anything?

But if its left outside eg.your car they can then take that?

Ive just listened back to the recording of my call with the HCEO and he says I have 24-48 hours to sort it out before they come back and start seizing my assets

As Plodder said, if they cannot get in, they cannot seize anything. Beware of vehicles as these would be a prime target.

They can't force entry without first having gained peaceful entry, so it really is a case of keep everything locked, vehicles out of the way and ignore them entirely, even if they are hammering at the door shouting they know you're inside. That does not mean you are under any obligation whatsoever to allow them in - don't!

Yes, items outside, especially vehicles are, as stated, a prime target.

Correct me if im wrong here. After reading replies to this comment and researching on other forums, unless they gain access to your home in the correct way or any outbuilding such as a garage, they cant take anything? But if its left outside eg.your car they can then take that?

Correct, but if the car is worthless they would be silly to Take Control of it, but make sure sheds are secured and nothing of value is in them. A patio heater and high quality garden furniture would be a target for example.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have an 03 plate ford which is worth not a lot. If they were to get into my garden they could happily take away my starting to rust table.

Correct me if im wrong here. After reading replies to this comment and researching on other forums, unless they gain access to your home in the correct way or any outbuilding such as a garage, they cant take anything? But if its left outside eg.your car they can then take that?

For a residential property they must gain entry by peaceful means only

but if you have any detached buildings on site then forced entry may be made to these

if it is believed there are goods inside that may help satisfy the debt.

If the garage is attached to the main residence then it is protected

- but make sure it is locked correctly.

Any goods lying loose are at risk of seizure - car, bike, bbq equipment & good garden furniture etc.

In the past Bailiffs have even seized doormats but that is all in the past now.

One word of caution though is that there is provision within the Regulations that allow an Agent

to apply to the Court for forced entry

- but this mainly for those that show trappings of wealth who have chosen to ignore demands for payment

- so if you have a Rolex on each wrist & have left the Bentley outside j

ust make sure you watch what happens from one of your 10 bedroom mansion windows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ploddertom nailed it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are they likely to apply for forced entry in my case?

Just for the record i dont own 1 let alone 2 rolexes.

Sometimes my neighbour comes home in a Bentley but only because he works there,

and my 3 bed house sadly isnt anything that screams wealth.

Are they likely to apply for forced entry in my case? Just for the record i dont own 1 let alone 2 rolexes. Sometimes my neighbour comes home in a Bentley but only because he works there, and my 3 bed house sadly isnt anything that screams wealth.

If the Bentley is there and the HCEO tries to seize it he might well run away when the Third Party claim goes in.

Are they likely to apply for forced entry in my case? No - although they may threaten to do so.

Just for the record i dont own 1 let alone 2 rolexes. Just tell them you are dyslexic and cannot even spell it. (Apologies to those that suffer from this condition but just trying to bring a little light hearted humour to the problem)

Sometimes my neighbour comes home in a Bentley but only because he works there, - must be nice for him to have a choice -

and my 3 bed house sadly isnt anything that screams wealth.

Just so you are aware - Enforcement Co's often read these forums to glean any further info, in your case I wouldn't worry as they are obviously on to a loser. If they were not so greedy in the first place then more folks might engage with them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ill be moving my car as of tomorrow evening

You could park your car on a neighbours drive or in a private car park as it cannot then be touched.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]