style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

https://www.energylivenews.com/2016/06/08/millions-overcharged-270m-due-to-billing-errors/

Around 3.8 million energy customers were overcharged a total of £270 million due to billing errors last year.

That’s according to a report by uSwitch, which estimates it cost each household on average £72.

Around 9% of them are yet to receive any money back from their supplier and 12% waited more than two months before the issue was resolved.

More than a third – 36% – of consumers whose supplier made a mistake said the wrong tariff or product details were applied. Around 31% said their suppliers applied incorrect fees, 27% said they used the wrong meters and 24% said companies set inaccurate direct debit amounts.

Claire Osborne, Commercial Development Manager at uSwitch said: “Consumers have a right to expect correct bills. It’s unacceptable in this day and age that customers are picking up the cost of suppliers’ mistakes. Households are already trying to cope with the high cost of energy and can’t afford the additional cost of simple blunders.”

It's high time things were changed. I cant see smart metering ending these issues when the complaints listed above are down to fundamental errors rather than estimated bills!

Claire Osborne, Commercial Development Manager at uSwitch said: “Consumers have a right to expect correct bills. It’s unacceptable in this day and age that customers are picking up the cost of suppliers’ mistakes. Households are already trying to cope with the high cost of energy and can’t afford the additional cost of simple blunders.”

Well she better have a word with Npower. We have a sworn statement of truth from Kenneth Radley Davies who is (assuming he is still holding onto his job) which says that he would not confirm or deny any allegation that Npower had a duty to produce accurate bills.

If they're prepared to swear this kind of thing in front of a court then we just have to shudder when we realise what they are doing to undefended and innocent customers.

Energy companies [problem]s. Its a national scandal.

Ofgem failing the customers, as is the DECC.

Simply unacceptable.

Edited by honeybee13
Potentially libelous remarks removed.

Energy companies [problem]s. Its a national scandal.

Ofgem failing the customers, as is the DECC.

Simply unacceptable.

6.33am 11 June 2016.

I note the censorship of the words [problem]s and cons and in this case its £270 million worth.

When the mods changed my text without first discussing the matter as has happened in the past you have censored quotes of law, which you simply cannot do.

But, I am still awaiting the mods getting the links set up to actual law which could avoid this absurdity.

But then again I repeat and ask myself is this the "inaction consumer group",

abiding and abetting criminals in their day to day activities?

Perhaps the mods can explain the editing of the words [problem]s and cons all £270 million worth in the context of SLC 25C.4 to be honesty ,accurate, transparent or omit material facts?

Stevie

This is serious organised crime taking place.

That's right, king.

HB

And therein lies a problem, when you "quote the law". It make an absurdity of the quote and the law.

So the software needs to be refined.

But notwithstanding same The words [problem] and cons are used in other threads without censorship.

Why is it that there is complete inaction to make a class complaint on behalf of all energy users?

I will name 4 companies the 2 German companies Npower and EON , Scottish Power and British Gas who routinely [problem] customers and therein break UK laws.

A class complaint would get around Ofgem nonsense about them not dealing with individual energy users complaints , which is against the law in itself or trying to pass the buck to the energy Ombudsman.

Where is the mods positive action to provide links to the law as I did this very morning and has been done before?

Remember £270 million is serious organised crime.

Stevie

Editing is covered under forum rules, Stevie.

2.1 Our Team Members are here to monitor and where necessary move, edit, lock or delete threads/posts in order to protect the good of The Group. They may also be referred to elsewhere as "Moderators".

2.2 If a thread/post is moved, edited, locked or deleted... it will not be a personal attack on you. It will only be as a result of the guidelines below and will always put the site first. If you attempt to re-post information that has been unapproved then you will be in breach of the rules yourself and subject to further action as deemed appropriate, and as outlined in section 7.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Stevie...again

Here is the link to forum Rules (I note you still have not viewed them )

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

Once you have read and understand what is acceptable and not on being a member of a forum..this will explain all your queries above.

Once digested...here is a link on how to start your own thread...then you can keep track of the relevant legislation...rather than keep posting it on other posters threads.

+ Post New Thread (big blue button top left of each forum underneath the Twitter Box)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Sparks

The original article was over errors such as the wrong tarif being applied. When you sign up to a tariff you should receive confirmation of the terms, conditions and prices associated - check this against your bill, also your meter details should be on your bill - check these match and that the meter readings resemble what's on your meter.

Inaccurate direct debit is a little more tricky as suppliers try to forecast your usage; a credit should be built up in the summer to cover higher winter usage, but this shouldn't be excessive - providing regular readings enables better forecasts.

Hope this helps

Hi Sparks

The original article was over errors such as the wrong tarif being applied. When you sign up to a tariff you should receive confirmation of the terms, conditions and prices associated - check this against your bill, also your meter details should be on your bill - check these match and that the meter readings resemble what's on your meter.

Inaccurate direct debit is a little more tricky as suppliers try to forecast your usage; a credit should be built up in the summer to cover higher winter usage, but this shouldn't be excessive - providing regular readings enables better forecasts.

Hope this helps

I am paying by DD and my Electric is over £150 in credit, usually they send me a refund after the april statement but this year all they have done is reduced my DD by a few pounds, I will still be in credit by the same amount after next winter! Can I demand they refund me the credit?