Travel agent trying to cancel my ticket: pls advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi...

I booked a ticket through flight centre with an agent.

This guy was hurrying me up for a week to offer me this special deal which apparently closed by 6pm on Friday.

I eventually booked it on the day...and paid over the phone.

Prior to that I received a terms and conditions note, then paid for the ticket.

I received the itinerary confirming the flight and ticket two days ago.

The agent then asked me if I was still looking for hotels and I said I was, asked if he could help with that as well...

a day later he sent me an email saying:

"I only ask because the airline informed me that the special price I gave you

can only be offered if booked with a hotel , if you don't book a hotel I will have to refund your ticket as it will be invalid ".

Now

at no point did this agent mention anything about the price being linked to a hotel booking.,

and he knew I was seeking hotels but made no mention of it,,

instead he was calling me all week to get this special offer.

can he really cancel my ticket?

I have received it, the money has left my account...

Shouldn't he have been aware of the ticket conditions.

.that's if he's not just trying to scare me into booking a hotel

( I don't need a hotel and its in NY so it will be very expensive.)

If I booked a ticket and changed my mind I would never get a refund.

What advice does anyone have for me to pursue this.

.as I do not want my flight offer cancelled.

Nothing in any paperwork or ticket conditions say it must be booked with a hotel.

Thanks very much

phone the airline and check..me thinks someone is after the commission...

by telling prokies

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In addition to DX's advice above, ask the agent for the terms and conditions pertaining to the offer being linked to a hotel booking.

I also think the agent is just looking for a bit of extra commission

which airline is it please?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

There was a BBC You and Yours programme about this in the last couple of weeks. It's just another version of Bait and switch.

Who are the agents and which is the airline?

If the Travel Agent is a member of ABTA, you could phone the ABTA helpline, as there is a code of conduct expected by members.

Booking flights and hotels at the same time does have an advantage, as it should then be ATOL protected, as part of a packaged arrangement. But it is always the customers choice, with this explained to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If the Travel Agent is a member of ABTA, you could phone the ABTA helpline, as there is a code of conduct expected by members.

Booking flights and hotels at the same time does have an advantage, as it should then be ATOL protected, as part of a packaged arrangement. But it is always the customers choice, with this explained to them.

Discounts usually only refer to the Hotel part of booking not the flight element, beware you can get discounts from may a site on hotels hence the adverts you see on TV etc etc big money to be gained, that is all the Travel agents try to get you to do it thru them.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

There is a combine and save offer on the BA website but its not a condition of booking.

Worth a quick call to BA to double check your booking is NOT conditional on booking a hotel aswell.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Travel agents and advertising site even thru deal checker etc in a lot of cases you have to ring the travel agent = Warning Warning Warning, the price is not available all of a sudden (in most cases) but also a come on Hotel booking (we want to make money from you there as well), challenge prices quoted and they will say Oh! dear that is for 3 months before , the real sites are the ones you go to their site and get put thru to their on line

A very bad allowed industry no real Regulation , and also spot the mass sites that seem to have the same detail areas and prices but different Names of companies = they are all the same company many names, some even ask you if you ring which site were you looking at?>? says it all!

also be Aware of the sites who take deposit off you then Invoice you the difference + Admin fee you new nothing about!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: