Jump to content

General form of judgement order for a defended claim.


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I defended a claim against me which I lost on the 26th of May,

the judge ordered that I pay the claim plus interest and court fees within 14 days of this date,

I received the order today in the post ( dated the 26th May ).


Because I cant afford to pay all the judgement currently

I put in a N245 form to the court last Friday ( 3rd June ) with an offer to pay it off over 3 months,



my main concern is how long will it take the court to process and send the form to the claimant??

as I don't want them transferring it to the high court enforcement offices within the 14 days that they have to reply to the form once they receive it.


Also as I ticked both boxes on the N245 ( to alter the payment rate and stop any warrants ) will this take effect and stop any warrants being issued from when the local county court received the form or when the claimant either agrees to my offer or they don't and it goes before a judge/ the court decides??


Thanks for any help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it will certainly take a little bit of time, but hopefully you've kept copies of everything and if you get any visits or any notifications sent immediately respond with the fact that you have made this application. That should put things on hold.


As a matter of interest, what was the claim about? Why didn't you come here first for advice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only found out about this site when googling the issue today.



My concern is that they will transfer the judgement upto the HCEO's before they reply to the N245 form.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Send them a draft of the N245 and a formal letter putting them on notice that you have made the application.

It may help

Link to post
Share on other sites

whats the claim about ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...