Salford City Council PCN - Parked in restricted street during wrong hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Myself, brother and sister recently parked outside a parking facility for apartments at 12:07 on Monday 30/05/2016.

We came back to the car at 13:34 to see a PCN from Salford City Council on the window.

I took pictures so I could give more detail to were she was parked to see if she really has to pay. Please let me know if anything can be done.

http://docdro.id/1ED7Zpn

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

I can't see the pictures (could be my laptop's fault).

What matters is:

1. Where were you parked - what was the restriction? (Yellow lines, permit parking bay etc)

2. What is the contravention stated on the PCN

3. Did you park in contravention as they say - if not, what are the circumstances which might mean the PCN isn't going to be enforced?

Can you give us the exact location, so we can see it on Google Maps?

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

I'm guessing yours is the red car on the single yellow line?

If so, all that matters is the yellow line and the small yellow plate on the lamppost. The rest of the signs don't affect you.

As I see it, you are parked right under a sign saying you can't park there. The PCN is correct in describing this as a restricted street contravention.

There are exemptions for loading/unloading, and for this reason they should give an observation time. They only gave two minutes according to the PCN. You could try an appeal on the basis that you didn't get adequate observation time - it's a bit of an outside chance but it might work.

have a look at their website.

from what has been posted, you were observed parked there on a saturday after 12.30pm ie at 1.28pm! therefore, no parking restriction/not within the prescribed hours?

or is it re parking on the pavement?

am thinking that you werent parked there during the restricted hours on the sign, therefore no contravention! is that correct?

not sure, not familiar enough.

i guess an appeal wld be down to the observation time, and perhaps if loading, as jamberson mentioned. but, it seems to be an urban clearway as signed, which doesnt provide for any loading?

I'd pay, personally. I think you have less chance of winning an appeal than losing. However if you do appeal, you can invoke the observation time issue - normally they allow 5 minutes. I don't know why he only gave you 2 minutes (or what you were doing during that time) but it's unusually short. They aren't obliged to give you a longer observation, and you can't stop there anyway unless you were loading/collecting goods (or collecting/setting down passengers) - but it's an angle you could argue.