• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Capquest/Drydens stayed Claim halifax Card - ***Claim Dismissed***

potman100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking for some help with the following claim from Capquest / Drydens.

I receievd a letter from Capquest in Decemeber 2014, chasing an old Halifax

Credit Card Debt, I responded with

1. CCA Request

2. CPR.31.14 Request

which they acknowledged, but they did not supply the documents.

They then start court proceddings, I submit a Defence to the court and the

case was stayed after a few weeks.

==Defence Submitted

1. I have had financial dealings with Lloyds Banking Group in the past but unsure of any balances or ever been contacted by Lloyds Banking in connection with any outstanding debt.

2. I am not aware or have ever been informed of any legal assignment of this account number to the claimant

It is denied with regards to the amount the Defendant owing monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(i) Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for.

(ii) Show the APR and interest used to calculate the amount claimed for.

On receipt of the claim form I served a Section CCA S78 request on the claimant, on which the basis of this claim relies upon. The claimant has yet to comply. I also sent a CPR 31.14 request to the claimants solicitors this was signed for on the 19/02/2015 again has yet to comply.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is

owed.

On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

Until such time the Claimant can comply with my request for a copy of the credit card agreement it relies upon they are prevented from enforcing or requesting any relief as pursuant to the CCA 1974

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

==Defence Submitted

I have recieved a letter this morning from Drydens, they have also included :

A signed copy of the Agreement,

A letter from them saying they are looking after the debt

A Number of Statments

and a default notice, but there is no information on Names, Accounts, its all been blacked out.

There giving me 14 days to contact them or they will apply to have the stay lifted at the court.

From the statements, it looks like the last payment was on the 26th June 2009.

There was another payment taken in July but was reversed the day after.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do next, and just wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thanks in Advance

Darren

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure it says WILL lift the stay?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx

Ye it says

""In the event that we do not hear from you within 14 days, we will have no alternative but to apply to the court to lift the stay on the proceedings" ect ect

Regards

Darren

no alternative, if they want to.

its a threat.

can you scan up what they have sent in a multipage PDF

follow the upload

what was the card taken out?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

agreement and T&C's please

dx

and they

unapproved

line 1 of T&C's shows your details

what date did you take this out

and the sheet refs clause 12.2

they've not sent that.

and can you put the dates back on the default notice please

the only thing you need to redact is pers details that ID you not every figure you can find...

and they

quite honestly i'd await there next move

how much is outstanding and do you have all the statements?

and they

Not far short of 6 Grand, quite a lot. might have some more statements apart from what they have sent me, would have to check.

Are they not out of time, I mean would it not be statute Barred, it's been well over 6 years since any payment ?

Regards

Daren

trouble is

the issuance of a claim pauses the SB clock at the claimform date.

though, and i'll let andyorch comment further..

its a bit cheeky to issue a claim, solely to stop the claim going SB'd

then try spoofing you into paying thru a threat.

did you ever get all the statement from HBOS

and they

Hi

Ok, but when the claim was struck out, would this not have started / resumed the clock again ?

If yes, the claim was struck quite quickly, and given we are currently over the 6 years by 11 months, I think this period would have

more than covered the time to 6 years ?

No never had anything from the Halifax.

Darren

where does it say the claim was struckout

if it was then claimant cannot lift a struckout claim.

a stayed claim is not a struck out claim

dx

and they

so as post 13 then

dx

and they

Thanks DX for your time.

I just can't see the clock not carrying on after the stay is issued, only because every DCA would use this to keep claims alive !

After searching around the net, there are not many threads that have come across this type of thing, which leads me to believe

that they may be just trying it on ????

Hope andyorch may have some words of wisdom.

Thanks Again

Potman100

found this:

you have to consider the following statement from 2 angles

If they leave the claim stayed..indefinitely..then it does not matter a

s no other can litigate on the same claim..so Limitations is irrelevant.

Or you can disregard the initial claim if say 2 years passed and another issued a claim.

...as it was purely a speculative claim with no intention to proceed.

...and issued to stop the limitations clock.

So you have a few answers should an argument ever be needed.

So with the above in mind you need to adjust your understanding of what a stayed claim is.

...it is speculative...nothing unless it proceeds to allocation

..therefore there is nothing to strike out.

Regards

Andy

and they

Thanks for the reply.

So let me get this right, you would use both points in any further court case ?

Also would they have a chance in your opinion of getting the claim reinstated, or would they try to issue a new claim ?

Sorry for being thick.

Regards

or do nothing probably..

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

With regards this issue have been having with Capquest/Drydens, now getting on for 2 year's since they contacted me, they have now applied to lift the stay and I received the court papers this morning.

I'm unsure on how to respond to this, and would appreciate any ideas on my next move.

Thanks in Advance for any Help, I've uploaded the revevant pages from the court papers.

Potman100

Here you go, the pdf.

I tried to delete the other pictures but it won't let me modify the post.

docs.pdf

thread tidied

and they

exhibits please

ah the old template default notice

theres a witness statement and a couple of 'wins' already on cag to counter that and it lowells too!

and they