• Tweets

• 2nd class will do... don't waste money, all you have to do it prove you sent it. the time limit is not a case of they can and will issue a claim.   PAPLOC is merely a process they must now go thru as so many fleecing debt buyers were issuing speculative court claims and abusing the court system as a method of debt collection with no real hope of success other than wet yourself syndrome or default judgements as everything was sent to old addresses mostly on purpose.    
    • YOu say send it first class, get a free Proof of Postage, but would it make any difference if I get it recorded?   As there's under a week left before their cut off date, I just want to ensure 100% they receive it before the date, and have evidence that they did when they receive it.  
    • Have you put a formal claim into Hermes? I think you should put formal claims into Hermes in respect of each one. I suggest that you leave it about five days apart so that they are treated completely separately. Hermes of course will refuse to compensate you – but then we will help you begin a legal action against them. Once again, I think that your best interests will be served by claiming and suing for only one of them – and then the second one separately once you have the result of the first one. We will help you all the way – but you need to start off by reading around the stories on the sub- forum about Hermes complaints and actions against Hermes. You need to understand the mediation process – and there are lots of good summaries on the sub- forum. Also you should read around on this website about the steps involved bringing a small claim in the County Court. Begin the claims process with Hermes so that you get a denial of liability – and then we will go to the next step.
    • The luxury car manufacturer says its battery-powered sports cars will be made in Warwickshire. View the full article
    • Well please can you search everything and get all your documents together. Read them. Understand what you have. And they make sure they are properly filed. Do you have the name and address of the driver? Also I believe that you said that you had received a message from your own insurer saying that you were liable – or something like that. Please can you reproduce that message here – preferably in PDF format   Don't respond to anyone without checking with us first. We would want to know why you are being asked to contact people. However, you definitely need to contact your insurer tomorrow as I've already suggested. You really need to find out what's going on, why they have made the decision that they have and you want copies. Don't tell them that you sent them on SAR. Keep that a completely separate matter – but simply ask them on the telephone to have copies of all the documents that they have assembled in respect of this case. Once again, you should be recording this.  
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

And Ryan lets loose a really bad trump in the House

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1737 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

"In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity"

Boris Johnson on Dominic Cummings' Covid field trips

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris "unrepentant and inveterate liar" Johnsons' word

isn't worth the paper written on

Trump is a good man because he wants the USA to leave the EU and wants to build a wall against the East Europeans, however I am a bit disappointed by his small hands.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

It amuses me that some couple of decades ago a journalist called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian", and he was apparently OK about the "vulgarian" part but has held a grudge about the length of his fingers ever since.

Now, people ask me about my hands. Well, I have hands. Two of them. And they're the best hands, no doubt about it. With fingers as well, because only losers and haters don't have fingers. And you know, a lot of those losers say my fingers are short. But they're wrong. My fingers are the longest fingers, the longest you've ever seen. I've got ten of them, and they're really long, all of them. And you know something? They bend. Yes, I have knuckles, the best knuckles in the world. American knuckles. Now Hillary Clinton, she doesn't have knuckles. I mean, why would she - she's a woman? Women don't have them. That's why they need men to open jam jars.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I must admit to having to resist including a picture of SH which would have fitted the OP perfectly, but perhaps have been considered really really bad taste

[wry]

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

In the interests of balance, I should point out that there are people aside from US rednecks and Britsh loonatics, who apparently believe Trump is a good thing

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/31/north-korea-praises-trump-and-urges-us-voters-to-reject-dull-hillary