Benefit Fraud - Under Investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Shoelover

So after the interview, does the info thus far, get put in front of the fraud manager, or does the investigator still carry on finding out anything, if there is anything to find out.

Then when more info is gathered, does it then go before the fraud manager?

Sorry what are DM's?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry just thought about something else, I don't want to confuse matters, but as h has nothing to hide, but is a nervous wreck, I was wondering if we could request another interview, my h is going to love me for suggesting this, and go through some questions and answers as to the last round of work, and also explain the amounts on the bank statement, rather than let the solicitor just do whatever, as in not submitting the statements, I think that looks like h defo has something to hide, and then they can get the statements anyway, but that would take longer and then h looks like not to have co operated etc, making everything much worse.

Why couldn't it just be kept to the simple facts, h informed of the change in circumstances via a letter, and commenced work, thinking he was not doing anything wrong, this caused an overpayment, to which can be paid back immediately, and with extra, should they see fit, why is this going into another dimension?

DM's and Fraud managers can be thought of as one and the same thing really, They basically look over the evidence and then make a decision as to what course of action to follow.

When I had my ICU any further contact I had was with a DM.

If you are going to send in your statements then a covering letter with them explaining any large sums of money (with proof if possible) would save them time and money would probably be ok,

When I sent in my supporting evidence concerning my income/expenditure of the self employment I was doing was also supported with notes which explained where the figures for my costings came from. They accepted this evidence.

Also you said that H had periods between jobs, I had the same in my SE and they did not take that time into consideration so any benefit I had during the breaks was not counted.

As for solicitors there are some that specialize in benefit fraud cases and they are more knowledgeable than the everyday solicitor that you normally see. There's nothing to stop you from changing your Solicitor if you wanted to.

The solicitor I had did specialize in benefit fraud and she knew exactly how to approach the interview.

My mind is boggling, so need to have a break from this stuff going round in my head.

What should have been a simple explanation, is turning into something nightmares are made of.

If only h, could orate excellently, then this maybe would not be snowballing, that is what I feel.

If only they would allow me to speak to give them exactly what happened, when and why etc, it would be clear, but maybe they would still investigate further.

They obviously think there is something to hide, but there isn't.

Sorry for delay PottyPrincess, I'm sure you're not potty though.

Yes I was accused, like you, of drawing benefit when working but at the time the word was just a few hours a week. I also worked in the EU unofficially.

I was so angry because, I wasn't doing anything wrong but the person who I spoke to was like one-eyes, you know, can't see anything but what she thought she knew.

After I went to the MP and the paper, it was dropped within a week. I told them they were clearly working on inaccurate information and refused to consider this. I then said that I would no longer try to give this information to them, as I had tried already without success, and it was refused but I would (and have) provided this to my MP and the newspaper. I did not give my MP's name nor the newspaper name.

I got a letter (very standoffish and unfriendly) saying the matter is now dropped and no interview will be required. My benefit however has stopped.

One person who helped me sort it out works for a lettings agency consultancy, who provide lots of services to help both agents and landlords, anyway they are on the side of tenants too. I was renting.

Hope you get somewhere.

Zanderland

Edited by honeybee13
Agency name removed.

I think the benefits system is too complicated… it must be dreadful for people who work on a freelance basis, as they may only have a small handful of jobs per year and every time they inform of this, their benefit gets stopped and then they have to re apply, etc… It would be much easier if they could review a person's income annually and deduct any benefits to which the person was not entitled. This way, there would be continuity of income and debts could be paid.. TB

Thank you Zanderland and ThedaBara, for your comments.

I will check in from time to time and let you all know how it is going.

For now I need to get my head out of this mess and concentrate on my work.

Thank you all so much for all your help and advice.

I will keep in touch.

Thank you Zanderland and ThedaBara, for your comments.

I will check in from time to time and let you all know how it is going.

For now I need to get my head out of this mess and concentrate on my work.

Thank you all so much for all your help and advice.

I will keep in touch.

I think that's wise.. You have done all you can. Hope things improve for you xx

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.