style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed on just this past Tuesday and today I checked my bank account and find

that my JSA payment has not been issued.

I am wondering as to why my work coach did not tell me at the time I signed on, as, surely

there must have been some information on the system to say that it had been stopped ???

And why did he allow me to sign on if that is the case ??? :???:

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago, digital signing keeps messing up and they forgot to press the button to allow my payment to go through, went to the job centre and they put the money in my account 2 hours later.

Hopefully you will have a similar outcome.

Downside to this is that I had a seven mile walk into town and massive stress wondering what had gone wrong and was I going eat that day.

I agree with the others that it could simply be a minor mistake - each JSA payment is triggered by the signing clerk pressing a button on the computer. Sometimes the clerk makes a mistake. This shouldn't happen, of course, but things do sometimes go wrong. If there's some other problem, the only way to find out for sure is to wait for a letter or (perhaps quicker) contact them when they open again on Monday to ask if there's any reason why you weren't paid as normal.

The people you see when you sign won't always know there and then whether there is a problem. As to why they would let you sign even if your claim were suspended or sanctioned for some reason, they do this because your signature (electronic or paper) is, in effect, your claim for JSA for the two weeks just passed. If you don't sign you can't be paid. So if, for example, some doubt has led to a suspension of your claim but it turns out to have been an error or misunderstanding, they will pay you for the period once it's all sorted out. They couldn't do this if you hadn't signed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I applied for a hardship payment on Fri 03/06/16.

I was told I had been awarded it from when my J.S.A was sanctioned on 18/05/16,

but the payment has yet to appear in my account.

What I would like to know is,

what is the time scale between applying for such a payment and actually getting it ???

I rang the benefit enquiry line yesterday, (Mon),

when it didn't hit my account,

and was told it takes 24 hours for it to appear on the system.

Despite them promising it would be in my account within a matter of hours of phoning,(apparently, it takes 3 hours to process the payment),

I still have not received it!

I have a couple of friends that have applied for a hardship payment in the past and in both cases it took 3 full working days to get into their bank.

It may not take as long nowadays but I just thought I would let you know

The DWP can use the faster payment option and can using this make a payment into your bank the same day, i know because my work coach at the JC has done this to refund travel expenses in the past,

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word changed.

• 1 month later...

according to .gov website, a hardship payment is a reduced amount of J.S.A, that doesn't have to be paid back.

However, according to C.A.B, it is a loan that has to be paid back when sanction ends.

I have submitted a mandatory reconsideration and have been informed that it will be backdated when they finally get it sorted out.

I would think that who ever you spoke to at the CAB wasn't as clear as they perhaps could of been,

and what they actually meant or should have told you is that the hardship payments made will be deducted from any arrears owed in the event of you being successful at MR or tribunal hearing,

But they are not a type of loan that has to be re paid as such,

The idea of making hardship payments into loans was kicked around prior to IDS leaving the DWP. I think it was only supposed to apply to Universal Credit and in any case it hasn't been implemented.

So I think Tommy456 has it right: if you win a case at MR or Tribunal, any hardship payments you've received will count as part of the arrears you'd be due.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks... actually the information came from the C.A.B website

I would think that who ever you spoke to at the CAB wasn't as clear as they perhaps could of been, and what they actually meant or should have told you is that the hardship payments made will be deducted from any arrears owed in the event of you being successful at MR or tribunal hearing,But they are not a type of loan that has to be re paid as such,

Seems to apply to UC

f your Universal Credit has been cut because of a sanction or penalty for fraud, you might be able to get some emergency money to help you cover household expenses like food and bills. This is called a 'hardship payment'.

A hardship payment is usually a loan, so you’ll have to pay it back when your sanction ends. The Jobcentre will usually get the money back by taking an amount of money from your Universal Credit payment each month until it’s paid off.

Eligibility

You can only get a hardship payment if you meet all the following conditions:

1. You must be 18 or over (16 if your payment is reduced because of fraud).
  2. You must be struggling to meet your basic needs or the basic needs of a child or young person you’re responsible for.'Basic needs' include accommodation, heating, food and hygiene. You'll only be eligible if the reason you can't meet these needs is because of the sanction.
  3. You must have made every effort to stop spending money on non-essential things. The Jobcentre expects you to only spend money on meeting basic needs, so they might expect you to spend less on entertainment or leisure activities.
  4. You must have done everything you can to get money from other sources before you can apply. The Jobcentre should be reasonable about what you can do in your circumstances. For example, you won't be expected to sell your belongings, move house, or get a bank loan or credit card. But you could be expected to ask friends or family for money, looked for other benefits (eg from your local council, or local charities), or ask for extra hours if you work.
  5. You must have done all the work-related activities that you were supposed to do in the 7 days before you apply for a hardship payment.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/sanctions/hardship-payment/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/in-work-or-looking-for-work/benefits-for-people-looking-for-work/#hardship_payments_and_jobseekers_allowanceHardship payments and Jobseeker's Allowance

A hardship payment is a reduced amount of Jobseeker's Allowance which you may be able to get if you have been refused Jobseeker's Allowance, or your benefit has been stopped, because of doubts about whether you are available for and actively seeking work. You may also be able to get them if:

• you are waiting for the Jobcentre Plus office to decide whether you meet the jobseeking conditions
  • you have been sanctioned (see under Jobseeker's Allowance and sanctions)
  • your JSA has been stopped for a fixed period following a benefit fraud offence.

If you want more information about hardship payments, and how to apply for them, you should ask in the Jobcentre Plus office for form JSA 10, 'Jobseeker's allowance hardship applicatio

to cut a long story short,

claimed J.S.A 16/12/15 after E.S.A was stopped following interview at Jobcentre.

I received 24 letters, all from MAXIMUS work program.

Those 24 letters consisted of 2 of the same letter, sent out by 2 different people.

one letter stated that as I failed to attend an appt on 3rd May,(signing on day),

(out of all the letters received not one of them was a letter informing me of said appointment),

it would be re-booked for 10th May.

another letter, also dated 10th May, headlined YOUR INITIAL APPOINTMENT,

obviously sent out by someone else, (no name, no signature)

stated that my initial appointment would be 17th May, again, signing on day.

another informed me that as I failed to attend appt on 10th May J.S.A would be sanctioned as of the 18th.

I collected this bundle of post on 3rd June as I have mobility problems with my leg and told them as much

I also gave them the following information:

the place where my post gets delivered keeps a record of all mail received,

and each envelope is date stamped individually upon arrival for which I have to sign before they release it.

a friend has now advised me to go back to the Jobcentre and to re-apply for J.S.A.

any advice would be appreciated

Lodge a formal complaint with the DWP/JCP, and copy in your local MP, have them explain the actions of their department and it's continued persecution of the sick and disabled.

Exhaust their complaints procedure, ensure you keep a paper trail of evidence,

Only deal with these lot in writing, unless you can record your calls?

Obtain 'Proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter for anything you send them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So you are currently claiming JSA, but have incurred a sanction from May 18th ?

If so, you will not be able to reclaim JSA. What you need to do is submit a Mandatory Reconsideration, although I fear you may be out of time to do this. The MR would be on the grounds that the alleged appointment clashed with your signing on date/time and takes priority over any provisions made by Maximus. In addition, Maximus had failed to notify you of the said appointment (provide the info about how you receive your mail and the way it is logged).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I spoke to someone over the phone who supposedly filled out a form and e mailed it, presumably to a "decision maker"

and was told to "call back in a couple of days for an update", which I did.

I also told them I do not have a contact number as I don't have a mobile.

when I rang back the person I spoke to knew nothing about it as there was "no record".

The same person then asked me for a contact number.

I explained that I had already told them I didn't have and was calling from a friends phone.

I didn't get the call back the next day as they had promised.

I was in the process of sending the necessary documents which they requested,

when I received a letter dated 29th May that said something like..

"we have looked at all the evidence again, (what evidence????) regarding your MR and we have decided that blah blah..

the letter also stated that should I wish to appeal I would have to go directly to Her Majesty's Tribunal Court to have the case looked at again.

meantime, the link to the necessary forms that I need to complete at that site are broken and therefore cannot open said document.

I was given a number for HMTC (after being kept hanging on the phone for well over half an hour by DWP).

I then rang HMTC and explained to them the problem regarding the broken link at their site,

however, his answer....

"you need to go to the website and download the forms!!!!!!

so that is where it's at now!!!!

just going round in circles!!

So you received TWO copies of their decision notice, yes?

Along with the form SSC1 you will need to send them the copy of that decision notice regarding your MR.

However there are strict time limits, so it will be a month from the date of the letter they sent you refusing you your MR. Outside of that time, and exceptional circumstances will have to be met.

Have you recorded all of the names of the individuals and departments you have spoken to regarding this so far?

Start that official complaint with them, and with your local MP too, and you really do need to keep everything in writing with the DWP, some of those telephone jockeys are skilled liars and will say anything to get rid of you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I followed the link to SSC1 at their site as stated in my previous post but it was broken,

and no, I didn't get any names,

simply because I requested that one person deal with it and got the answer..

.. we are all qualified to deal with it

Have you used the link I provided above?

Click on SSC1 and it will take you directly to the information you need in order to raise this with HMCTS.

Like I said, they will tell you the moon is made of cheese in order to get rid of you off the phone.

took the said form to post office only to be told system was down and therefore couldn't get any stamps.

That being said,

I spoke with the P.O manager and explained to him the situation that it was an appeal form etc,

he listened and then gave me 2 stamps,

to the cost of postage out of his own pocket,

but said would not be able to get proof of posting should I decide to post it.

I have one calendar month from the date on the letter (20/07/16) within which to appeal,

I am in doubt as to whether to actually post it, if the system is down,

and it doesn't get there on time you get the picture, delays etc etc