BankFodder BankFodder

ConsumerMark

Santander Current Account showing bad history Statute barred?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1403 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is a strange one, hope someone can help.

I took advantage of an offer to switch current accounts for circa £100 in May 2009.

I filled in the forms, my salary and debits moved across.

The problem was that Santander did not agree to match my existing overdraft (£500) and didnt communicate that the overdraft had not been granted but moved my finances over anyway. So I quickly moved back to my previous account and requested that Santander close the new current account.

I recall speaking to a manager on the phone, who agreed to close the account with no charges and in exchange they would not pay me the £100 switching fee. They admitted that they should have communicated better and did not make me aware that any adverse credit history would be reported.

However, I have downloaded an equifax report to discover that it is still showing as late payments from May 2009 until it was settled in November 2010. Note, this doesn't show in my noodle report.

I am thinking that as I have not used the account since May 2009 it would be SB and should be clear from my credit reports, is this correct?

To be honest, I am not sure, it doesn't make sense.

They claimed that I had incurred unauthorised overdraft charges but agreed to clear this as they felt partially responsible for the error.

SAR and £10 to them to find out?

santandar.jpg

sb and it showing or not on a credit files has no relevance.

October this year it should clear

it s not harming your score either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

I wont worry about it then.

Thanks both.