• Tweets

• Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
    • FFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdfFFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdf 2pages T&C,s UCM
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice re neighbours noise at night time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new neighbour moved into the flat above me 3 months ago , ever since she moved in she has kept me awake at night time walking about, flushing the toilet and running the taps. Because the flooring has no soundproofing and no thick carpet all sounds carry through. This lady goes to bed very early 8pm and then gets up at 1pm and walks about doing her housework. I believe she has mental health problems. Im suffering badly without any restful sleep....what can I do ??? The housing people are not being very helpful. Under the human rights act I have a right to peace in my home.....would a solicitor be able to help ?

Thanks if anyone can help me I'm desperate and don't need all this stress at the age of 68

Do either own your flats or are you both tenants ? Is this housing association or private tenancy ?

I don't think there is much you can do legally, unless the noise is above a certain level. You will have to start making a record of what is happening and gather evidence. Then if it is a housing association property take the evidence to the housing association and ask them for help.

Have you thought about speaking to this neighbour and mentioning that the lack of soundproofing in the flats is causing you a problem, as anything they do at night can be heard, causing you not being able to sleep.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello there.

I'll move this to our lettings and property forum for further advice and leave you a link to follow.

It would be helpful to have the information Uncle Bulgaria asked for, please.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do either own your flats or are you both tenants ? Is this housing association or private tenancy ?

I don't think there is much you can do legally, unless the noise is above a certain level. You will have to start making a record of what is happening and gather evidence. Then if it is a housing association property take the evidence to the housing association and ask them for help.

Have you thought about speaking to this neighbour and mentioning that the lack of soundproofing in the flats is causing you a problem, as anything they do at night can be heard, causing you not being able to sleep.

No this is housing association flats for people over 55....the upstairs tenant has mental health problems, surely her nighttime activity from 1am onwards is not normal and how do I live with my sleep interrupted every night. I have reported this ,, there is no soundproofing and very thin carpeting.

Thanks for your response

Check the housing association terms and conditions regarding anything on courtesy to other residents. If the neighbour is breaking any rules, then go to the HA with a list of dates/times/discourtesy when you have witnessed the neighbour being inconsiderate.

Lack of sleep is not very pleasant and if the neighbour causing this knew about it, they might be more considerate.

You could just approach this neighbour and talk about the lack of soundproofing which is causing you to have problems sleeping. That you live downstairs and noticed noise from above after 1am. You don't have to be confrontational, just be indirect talking about noise causing lack of sleep without having a go at them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Check the housing association terms and conditions regarding anything on courtesy to other residents. If the neighbour is breaking any rules, then go to the HA with a list of dates/times/discourtesy when you have witnessed the neighbour being inconsiderate.

Lack of sleep is not very pleasant and if the neighbour causing this knew about it, they might be more considerate.

You could just approach this neighbour and talk about the lack of soundproofing which is causing you to have problems sleeping. That you live downstairs and noticed noise from above after 1am. You don't have to be confrontational, just be indirect talking about noise causing lack of sleep without having a go at them.

Hi, I have tried reasoning with the neighbour politely and the housing people wrote her a letter. They have said that she has a different way of living and that the noise is classed as NORMAl daily noises , the lady has said to me that if she wants to get up at 1pm or 4pm and do her housework she will.....she has a mental health problem which is severely affecting my sleep every night . I am at a point where I know what to do about it.

Thanks Patricia

So from 1am in the morning onwards its classed as normal daily noise, I don't think so more it's Anti Social Behaviour and due to this tenants issues the HA don't want to act.

I think you need to make a Formal Complaint in writing to the HA and title it as such referring to previous discussions on this matter. (make sure you keep a copy and get free proof of posting from the post office)

Also ask for copies of the following documents:

Complaint Policy.

Customer Care Standard/Policy.

Anti Social Behaviour Policy.

Noise Policy.

Now keep a record of all the noise issue this PDF may be of use:

Incident Log-with form fields -----.pdf

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So from 1am in the morning onwards its classed as normal daily noise, I don't think so more it's Anti Social Behaviour and due to this tenants issues the HA don't want to act.

I think you need to make a Formal Complaint in writing to the HA and title it as such referring to previous discussions on this matter. (make sure you keep a copy and get free proof of posting from the post office)

Also ask for copies of the following documents:

Complaint Policy.

Customer Care Standard/Policy.

Anti Social Behaviour Policy.

Noise Policy.

Now keep a record of all the noise issue this PDF may be of use:

[ATTACH]63175[/ATTACH]

Thankyou very much for your help and advice.

So far I have taken this problem up with a Councillor who is on the Welsh assembly, she met with the housing officer and he said this would be a problem to sort out as they can't tell her how to live, he added that they may find ME a difficult to let property but could make no promises. Difficult to let would be a remote place and at my age don't want that. I have it in writing that this lady lives a different life. On Monday this week the lady opened her doors and shouted that she would kill herself if I complained again and that if she wants to get up at 1am and do housework she will, and then threatened to get a friend to sort me out and that night at 4.30pm she flushed her toilet three times on the trot. All other residents here respect their neighbours and cause no noise issues. Thanks Pat

I wrote all the details down and gave it to housing and the Welsh assembly Councillor on Tuesday....so far no response.

What I would do is don't be afraid to contact your Local police and ask if you could have a chat with the crime prevention officer and inform them of there suicide threats and threats to yourself.

If they threaten suicide again then phone the police and the HA and inform both. (remember with the police it will be logged more evidence for HA)

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

What I would do is don't be afraid to contact your Local police and ask if you could have a chat with the crime prevention officer and inform them of there suicide threats and threats to yourself.

If they threaten suicide again then phone the police and the HA and inform both. (remember with the police it will be logged more evidence for HA)

Thankyou

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

OTT I think contacting the Police may push the neighbour over the edge.....

Patricia68

Does the neighbour have a support worker, you could try contacting MIND http://www.mind.org.uk/ see if they can help advise you

Some kind of 3rd third party mediation ....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

OTT I think contacting the Police may push the neighbour over the edge.....

Perhaps, worth a try but from the posts above it would seem the neighbor is not interested in others points of view.

but whether this would be considered a noise nuisance or ASB is difficult to judge, and I agree that the police should be informed, as should environmental health. Particularly given Pat being threatened.

Pat should then follow their (police and EH) advice.

In my past situation, reason didn't work despite no clear mental health issues with the other party, but talking reasonably with local environmental health and a simple letter from them to the other party while highlighting that a complaint had been raised pretty much sorted it.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Perhaps, worth a try but from the posts above it would seem the neighbor is not interested in others points of view.

but whether this would be considered a noise nuisance or ASB is difficult to judge, and I agree that the police should be informed, as should environmental health.

In my past situation, reason didn't work despite no clear mental health issues with the other party, but talking reasonably with local environmental health and a simple letter from them to the other party while highlighting that a complaint had been raised pretty much sorted it.

That sounds very useful advice and I will follow it. Thankyou so much

That sounds very useful advice and I will follow it. Thankyou so much

You are welcome Pat - note I added a couple of bits to my last post - I'm a devil for adding things after initial post.

(and correcting typos LOL)

The Tory Legacy

You are welcome Pat - note I added a couple of bits to my last post - I'm a devil for adding things after initial post.

(and correcting typos LOL)

I did fathom it out. Have been reading about the environment health and see that it has to be statutory noise nuisance!!

This lady really needs a ground floor or bungalow as she has an injection controlled mental health problem. You can't reason with someone like that. There must be something that can be done when it's affecting another person's health.the battle is with the housing people to do something a move for me or her. I'm having to use ear plugs to enable me to sleep at the moment.

I did fathom it out. Have been reading about the environment health and see that it has to be statutory noise nuisance!!

This lady really needs a ground floor or bungalow as she has an injection controlled mental health problem. You can't reason with someone like that. There must be something that can be done when it's affecting another person's health.the battle is with the housing people to do something a move for me or her. I'm having to use ear plugs to enable me to sleep at the moment.

Dont let the statutary stuff put you off

I would report it to the police and EH and take their advice. Come back to us with any questions and I'm sure we'll try to help.

The police may say contact the local authority, depends on local practice I think - but let them both know.

I would take care with saying he has mental health issues, just report the facts as you know them including the threats to herself and you.

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

Something I haven't asked have you checked your Tenancy Agreement as to any clause on Laminate Flooring?

Does the said tenant have Laminate Flooring? (it may be that they have cheap underlay and need to change it for soundproofing, slightly dearer to purchase but is available)

Something I haven't asked have you checked your Tenancy Agreement as to any clause on Laminate Flooring?

Does the said tenant have Laminate Flooring? (it may be that they have cheap underlay and need to change it for soundproofing, slightly dearer to purchase but is available)

She has no laminate flooring only very thin carpet no underlay, it's what was left ehen she moved in, did say she would buy some rugs but hasn't and is on benefit . She is very heavy footed.

EHO/noise abatement team unlikely to take action for 'normal domestic living noise' at whatever time it occurs and HA won't provide ground floor flat/bungalow (if avail) unless she has a physical handicap precluding stairs.

Distressing for OP, but only option appears for OP to find alt accom, pref not with another flat above or below.

EHO/noise abatement team unlikely to take action for 'normal domestic living noise' at whatever time it occurs and HA won't provide ground floor flat/bungalow (if avail) unless she has a physical handicap precluding stairs.

Distressing for OP, but only option appears for OP to find alt accom, pref not with another flat above or below.

Had a call from HA today responding to my letter of complaint....having spoken to my neighbour about her behaviour they have now seen that she refuses to comply ....saying she will get up at 1am and do her housework if she wants and she hung up on them.its now seen as a management issue, there is a possibility that I may get offered a move at some point in time. Meanwhile ear plugs are my only respite.

Your post is interesting.

Now this is only my opinion which you would need to confirm with the HA

From what you have posted I think the property with the problem tenant has been leased to an organization by the HA. (this is only my opinion)

What you would need to do is write and ask the HA for clarification if the problem property has been let to an organization.

Your post is interesting.

Now this is only my opinion which you would need to confirm with the HA

From what you have posted I think the property with the problem tenant has been leased to an organization by the HA. (this is only my opinion)

What you would need to do is write and ask the HA for clarification if the problem property has been let to an organization.

I believe the government has made changes and the age limit for community housing is now 55 and not ,60 also they have to accept people with mental health issues. Because the demand is low for supported housing because more people are staying in there homes and because people are living a lot longer . It would seem that retirement homes are really no longer aimed at a peaceful , safe and secure environment for OAPs

Hi

IMO you need to write to the HA asking for clarification if the property (where problem tenant is) has been leased/let to an outside organisation, also ask If said property has been leased/let to an outside organisation you would like a copy of the HA Policy regarding this

Edited by stu007