recording

fer34555
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

simple question is it better for your WCA to be recorded or not

in other words does it make much difference either way?

from personal experience did you find you were placed in either group more so after it being recorded or not?

thank you

Hi,

Always ask for the WCA to be recorded. If you have to appeal, you will be able to prove what was said.

Mind you, they don't have that many recorders so it may take a while for you to have your WCA.

As we all know, many of these pretend HCP have already completed the WCA before they even see you.

Also, beware of the "Informal Observation" (spying).

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!

They make you jump through hoops to record a WCA however if it is in your own home you can covertly record. Of course you can not then use it for a MR but should it come to appeal you can mention you have it and the judge can listen to it if they want

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Really? more lies and bull.... - thought that was just while @ Ingeus /A4E/ Working Links...

I'm awaiting my WCA at the moment and dread to think about going now as it's a scary thought! I'll be buying a recorder or use my phone for sure! This sector is full of horrid people!

ok thanks for the replies also is it a legal requirement? meaning if you request it they have to do it?

As far as i know we don't have any legal right to have the F2F farce audio recorded, but they claim to accommodate this where possible, though this may delay the F2F farce

As the audio equipment they have is shared between several locations and ferried around by taxi most likely,

Really? more lies and bull.... - thought that was just while @ Ingeus /A4E/ Working Links...

I'm awaiting my WCA at the moment and dread to think about going now as it's a scary thought! I'll be buying a recorder or use my phone for sure! This sector is full of horrid people!

If they discover you are covertly recording they can terminate the assessment leaving you in the brown stuff basically, besides this you cannot use it at appeal ect ,

If they discover you are covertly recording they can terminate the assessment leaving you in the brown stuff basically, besides this you cannot use it at appeal ect ,

It is perfectly legal to record in your own home although as you say if they find out they may stop the assessment. However, when it comes to the appeal, once you have told the tribunal that you have a recording it is up to the judge if they want to hear it. One good thing though is that if , for example, you are claiming a cognitive disability that maybe affects your memory then you can explain the reason you are so clear on the facts is because you recorded the conversation.

I have my tribunal in 8 weeks and i have already transcribed a few minutes of the interview to back up my case and offered to transcribe more, or let them listen to it if they want to. I can't be fairer than that. I will make sure I have my laptop with me so I can play it if they want

I read somewhere that they will only allow recording if two simultaneous recordings are made - you've all watch police dramas with a twin recorder

It is perfectly legal to record in your own home although as you say if they find out they may stop the assessment. However, when it comes to the appeal, once you have told the tribunal that you have a recording it is up to the judge if they want to hear it. One good thing though is that if , for example, you are claiming a cognitive disability that maybe affects your memory then you can explain the reason you are so clear on the facts is because you recorded the conversation.

I have my tribunal in 8 weeks and i have already transcribed a few minutes of the interview to back up my case and offered to transcribe more, or let them listen to it if they want to. I can't be fairer than that. I will make sure I have my laptop with me so I can play it if they want

I read somewhere that they will only allow recording if two simultaneous recordings are made - you've all watch police dramas with a twin recorder

Yes if you wish to record a PIP assessment you have to have a device capable of recording the original and copy at the same time , so a dual CD or Tape recorder would be required and you would also have to give them a copy and sign to say that you won't upload it to you-tube ect

As has been said

It is perfectly legal to record in your own home although as you say if they find out they may stop the assessment.

The question is why would they terminate the assessment just because you are recording it.

Does this speak of dodgy dealings on behalf of the assessors and the people who run the assessments.? Hmmmm

As has been said

It is perfectly legal to record in your own home although as you say if they find out they may stop the assessment.

The question is why would they terminate the assessment just because you are recording it.

Does this speak of dodgy dealings on behalf of the assessors and the people who run the assessments.? Hmmmm

Well without first asking them and them agreeing to be recorded and also being provided with a copy of the interview they could like us would say that it could be edited or tampered with in some other way that works both ways,

It's probably due to them leaving themselves open to this sort of thing why they would stop the interview if they discovered that you where recording it covertly , that is regardless of it being legal or not , which has no significant bearing , because it's set up in such a way it's on their terms and not ours

When they tell you beans on toast is a simple one course meal, they won't like it to be recorded.

Sad that ain't it. I have offered the recording to the judge

I have heard that if you have two recording devices and openly put one on the table in front of you but keep the other in, for example, your top pocket, then if you're asked to stop you can just turn off the obvious device and they won't think to ask if you have another one.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hmmm interesting.

Think I'll have to go this route, after experiencing the lies/bull at Ingeus I just don't trust people in this sector. I do wonder though if perhaps they'll have a 'pat down' before assessments? I'm not overly keen on people touching me or invading my close personal space. Is this common practice?