Previously loyal disabled customer harassed, bullied and ripped off by Amazon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Previously loyal disabled customer harassed, bullied and ripped off by Amazon

Unfortunately our trusty old laptop was failing and needed replacing.As this was a desktop replacement we required something of a suitable size and standard.This does not come cheap.

As this was a considerable investment for us and having been a previously loyal Amazon customer for many years, we decided to purchase from Amazon based on (an apparently incorrect) perception that if there was a problem with the purchase then we would have good support and come back if required.We did however have reservations due to Amazon’s seemingly increasing controversies (taxation, employee treatment, PRIME etc).

We decided on a particular laptop model and specification but unfortunately it was out of stock new.It was however listed as available from Amazon Warehouse in ‘very good’ condition with ‘original packaging’.Having not purchased from Amazon Warehouse before, we were concerned by the low customer rating of 89% but could not access any actual reviews of them.The website did claim that the purchase came with ‘all the benefits of Amazon.co.uk fulfilment and customer service’ and ‘All of our products are backed by Amazon's satisfaction guarantee’.Unfortunately we were mislead by these false claims and made the purchase.

At time of purchase a ‘not before’ delivery date was agreed in writing with Amazon.According to logs this was ignored/not actioned and attempt to deliver was apparently made by Amazon’s contracted courier Hermes. Because we were away, Hermes apparently proceeded to trespass around the property and attempted to gain access to various locked outbuildings. Apparently after failing to gain access, Hermes abandoned the expensive and fragile laptop in an outdoor area at the back of the property – exposed to the winter rain and cold.A crossed out ‘Next Directory’ calling card was later discovered through the letter box (despite this being an Amazon purchase).

When I learnt of this attempted delivery through online tracking, I emailed Amazon customer service but they did not seem to understand and instead attempted to send Hermes around to trespass again.With considerable concern for both the security of the property and of the expensive purchase, I had to write a formal complaint to Amazon ‘complaints’ in order to stop this.We received a basic response from a Paul Grech of ‘Executive Customer Relations’.

When we later returned to the property and located the abandoned delivery, it was completely soaked through with water and just collapsed when we tried to move it, and all the loose items fell out.At this point we realised that the item had also been falsely advertised.It was not in its original packaging at all (with the extras and value that entails), just the basic laptop loose in a brown box.

An update to Mr Grech was supplied with photos and evidence (including the ‘Next Directory’ calling card).We reasonably expected the matter to be suitably resolved.

To our disgust instead of a resolution, we received a rude, sarcastic and dismissive response from Paul Grech.He did not take the matter in any way seriously (ignoring the facts and evidence) and seemed to show an utter contempt for us.He also apportioned blame to us for only selecting ‘economy‘ delivery in an apparent attempt to up sell PRIME.He refused to allow us to return the item by suitable means, he refused to provide any replacement or alternative, he then attempts to bully us into keeping it as is.

Paul Grech either has no knowledge or no concern for statutory rights, property rights, or disability rights.

I then attempted to escalate the matter to the respective heads of Amazon; Mr Christopher North [email protected] and Mr Jeff Bezos [email protected].Unfortunately both Mr North and Mr Bezos did not feel that we warranted a response.To my surprise all we received was another dismissive email from Paul Grech claiming that ‘Chris and Jeff have requested that I respond to your letter and e-mails’.

It is not clear why Paul Grech has directly targeted us, whether he has a problem with all disabled customers, or whether this is Amazon’s attitude to all customers now.Either way, as Paul Grech is apparently the highest level contactable person at Amazon, other potential customers should be aware of the terrible level of service to be expected from him.

Due to these problems we still do not have a replacement laptop and have had to stop all courier deliveries due to security concerns.This has caused us considerable difficulties and will need hundreds of pounds spending to stop unauthorised access again.

I hope this serves as a warning to other potential Amazon customers as we have not received any refund, let alone redress or ‘goodwill’.We received no redress or apology from Hermes management (if Amazon ever contacted them at all).All we have for our huge investment is worthless, unsafe, falsely advertised, unusable junk.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Edited by Ripped Off By Amazon

How did you pay for this?

If it was via a visa card, then reclaim the full amount from the card.

If it was via your bank card, then do an immediate visa debit chargeback with your bank, the refund is payable immediately.

You can either send the item back to Amazon, using special delivery so you have a record of them receiving it and you sending it.

Lodge a complaint with your local Trading Standards also.

Then once you have got your refund, spend your hard earned elsewhere, Amazon have absolutely no regard for your, or any other customers loyalty, so don't think your loyalty to them counts for anything, it doesn't, those days are long gone.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Amazon are just a shop that sells things online. Dont start believing all the marketing and advertising around them. They are no different than currys or any other store except they sell bric a brac as well as large goods.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your response.

I tried to contact trading standards but it said they do not deal with individual complaints now. Is this correct?

We repeatedly tried to return it within 30 days but Grech refused to let us send it back. We pleaded to let us send via post office or collect+ but Grech lied and said they would not take it (I checked with both and it would have been fine). I did not want to send it without authorisation but could not get a returns label.

If only some high level manager at Amazon would have sorted a return label it would have gone back but could never get a response from anyone other than Grech (who is apparently not a manager).

I've found the following, which hopefully may help you.

Amazon Head Office, telephone

0870 280 6340

020 8636 9200 (free)

Amazon Customer Services, telephone

0870 280 2518

0800 496 1081 (free)

Open Times;

Monday to Friday - 6:00am - 12:00am

Saturday - 6:00am - 12:00am

Sunday - 6:00am - 12:00am

OR

Amazon By Post:

Amazon Customer Service Address:

Amazon Customer Services

1-9 The Grove

Slough

SL1 1QP

Amazon Corporate Office Address:

Amazon.co.uk Ltd

60 Holborn Viaduct

London

EC1A 2FD

Hope the above helps.

Did you look into what Bazooka Boo suggested? As he has outlined everything else.

Good luck in getting this sorted!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Hi and welcome to CAG

This is very unusual for Amazon as they are normally quite good with returns.

I would send the laptop back by Special Delivery irrespective of what Mr Gretch says. Make sure you enclose your order number and a letter explaining the return.

Use your bank to get your money back (chargeback, s75)

If you haven't sent Amazon a Formal Complaint AND headed the letter/email as such, I feel this should be done. I would like to see the emails as to why Amazon have refused the return. They could get their costs refunded from MyHermes so I don't think they would suffer a loss.

It doesn't matter what delivery method you chose. Amazon had a duty of care to ensure it reached you in good condition. The fact they used MyHermes is their problem, not yours.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would send a complaint to this address

60 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FD, United Kingdom

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

like most big online companies there online system is automated, amazon does have a guaranteed refund process, I have had to use this myself in the past,

it is a little unfair as you can only request the service twice on any account (I believe)

I havn't had many issues on amazon but don't use it as much as others

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149571

Thank you very much for the genuine responses on this forum.

Please may I update:

After posting this issue, I received a computer generated email from Amazon stating 'We've accepted your return request. Once we receive the item, we'll issue your refund.' Return method – ‘self dispatch’, and a link to print return labels.

The return labels are for the Post Office and clearly state ‘Send the parcel from your nearest post office or via the delivery method of your choice’. There is even a dedicated ‘Hazmat Label’ stating ‘Caution Lithium ION Battery’.

This is clear proof that return authorisation could have been sent at time of written rejection from us, and at any time following. We stand by my original post and believe that we were directly and deliberately targeted by this particular individual at Amazon. We went to great effort to supply details of the situation and evidence to this individual, only for this to be thrown back in our face. We were also wrongly led to believe that this individual was the highest level complaints person at Amazon and that we had no other options.

As it stands, the product has been returned, awaiting refund.

As advised above, we will also send formal complaint to

Amazon Corporate Office Address:

Amazon.co.uk Ltd

60 Holborn Viaduct

London

EC1A 2FD

Should it be addressed to anyone in particular?

Will update accordingly.

why wait...as you've been told

do a chargeback on your debit card

or

if you funded it by credit card

even better

do a section 75 under the CCA.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me, but what has all this got to do with being disabled?

'Paul Grech either has no knowledge or no concern for statutory rights, property rights, or disability rights'. Did Mr Grech know you were disabled, is he concerned about the UK law of trespass?

This is just an Amazon Marketplace order that was badly delivered, just send it back using the standard and oft used return process. Which you have done.

Why make this overly personal.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Amazon comments in google when I cam across this post and couldnt help passing a comment as I agree with the op, amazon staff at least assigned for the UK seems to have gotten a pompus attitude where they think they are above the law, I noticed this recently with how they dismiss what you say, I ordered an item and it wasnt as described, I arranged for collection and was told next working day it would be collected, 3 days later DPD came to collect it when I was out, so I contacted amazon for re-delivery, 1 week later I get an email asking me for a re collection date, so i gave one, DPD came on a different day, again when I was out, so I sent an email back complaining that 2 times they have come on a different day than advised and I am not getting any texts like I was supposed to advising when they are collecting the parcel and that if they dont sort it out I will cancel my prime membership. Again I re iterate I said I would cancel.

No collection a week later so I log into amazon to find they cancelled my prime membership, when I started a chat to make a complaint about the fact that instead of sorting my problem they cancelled my membership meaning they dont want me as a customer for requesting a return I was told thanks for your feedback.

Account history: purchased a lot of products over a period of a year, noticed quality is declining and stuff are not always as described, this was my first return, this is what they did so I agree with the OP not only they treat customers badly they act like your complaint is nothing, they still didnt take my complaintseriously even though I threatened with taking the matter further as I dont want the item and I have tried collection multiple times.

I myself had the same issue to an extent. I ordered some study books. I was away for a week at college and when i returned the Amazon packet was just thrown over my back gate and soaking wet. I phoned up Amazon and the replaced the very next day. And these books were not cheap.