Freds DCa were Chasing outstanding HMRC debt, now HMRC have started PAYE deduction

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH had previously been chased for an old outstanding amount of approx £3,500 in which she previously queried with HMRC requesting further details.

No explanation was forthcoming and she received her new tax code details and in which they have deducted over £300 last month from her monthly pay in which has caused no end of problems and upset.

Quickly looking at approx amounts it seems that they have set-up a repayment plan over 12 months, in which she cannot really afford at the moment.

Can she contest the existing plan due to unaffordability and that it was previously disputed ?

Shall I get OH to send a Subject Access Request to HMRC ?

Any advice would be appreciated thank-you.

For Ref

http://revenuebenefits.org.uk/tax-credits/guidance/how-to-deal-with-hmrc/dealing-with-debt/

I suggest you review this as I believe it should help you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank-you and I will ask her to do so.

I have located details of some DCA company Fredrickson chasing the debt last year in which OH disputed and requested details.

Never heard anything further until now with HMRC deducting funds from bank account.

It has seriously caused no end of problems, un-paid direct debits etc hence knowledge of issue.

Sure it can be done online.

Ignore Freds if they come knocking... DCA on government debts are like a strawman to fire...

They are useless and can't don't anything...

Contact HMRC and find out what is going on

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ok and cheers again. I was bemused by contents of there letter - No evidence as to what it related to just a demand payment for said amount.

I will ask her to do so tomorrow.

Hi Baz,

Save your money - a SAR may not help you with this.

Instead, I'd write to HMRC asking for an explanation of:-

1. When the alleged tax arrears arose.

2. The reason the arrears arose.

3. Why HMRC is recouping the alleged arrears via the PAYE tax code at a rate that is causing serious financial difficulties.

Do you have any idea why these arrears may have occurred. Maybe there was a second (full or part time) employment, or earnings from self employment.

Tax arrears of £3,500 would suggest untaxed income of over £15,000.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

HMRC SAR is free..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok many thanks slick132

This is what I am trying to establish with OH as maybe something to do with sale of shares. She did previously ask for clarity when previously contacted by Fredricksons but received no further explanation.

as dx mentioned SAR is free online so will proceed with that anyway to see if any information was not received.

As previously mentioned, if the debt needs paying and is justified then of course it will be addressed. The issue is that OH cannot afford losing £350 a month.

Hi Baz,

If the SAR is free with HMRC, it would be rude not to !!

Is it possible there was Capital Gains Tax liability after the sale of shares. If so, this would normally be assessed and the tax payable in one go. Maybe they're collecting via PAYE because the collection by assessment failed ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Freds DCa were Chasing outstanding HMRC debt, now HMRC have started PAYE deduction