Need help sos paypal negative balance!!

goldbabistar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I really need help here.

I applied for a Job through indeed about making quick money from ebay and I fell into it,

I was careless as I am a student who is 18.

the buyer will email me the items and all about it and I will list it on Ebay,

he said that I will get a share of it if everything was fine,

OK this is what he said

Hello,

Thank you for applying for my job.

Let me tell you more about it...

I need someone who can list my items on eBay. You'll be listing authentic products.…

I will provide you photos and details of the items that needs to be advertised.

Your job is just to list the ads.

I will talk with the interested people.

I will pay you when the auction ends.

There are 2 possibilities:

1. If the item is sold:

YOU'LL RECEIVE £100 + eBay POSTING FEES + 5% OF THE SELLING PRICE

2. If the item doesn't sell:

YOU'LL RECEIVE the eBay POSTING FEES ( but, I'm sure that the item will sell )

Maybe you wonder, why I am not selling the products myself ?

I wanted to start an eBay account but I read on one of eBay's community pages that sellers with 0 feedback have not the same success as the others sellers with feedback.

Also you must have an eBay Seller Account with more than 7 feedback.

We are located in Edinburgh, United Kingdom ....

You'll receive the payment from buyers into your PayPal account, which is linked to your eBay account, and deduct your payment from there + 5% of the selling price + eBay fees.

In this way is clear that you'll get your payment.

Your PayPal account must not have any limits (sending, receiving and withdraw).

If you have any limits on your PayPal account you must lift them up.

You'll earn £400 + per week with just one item...i think that this is fair enough.

Also i want to tell you from the beginning that i need serious peoples in my team so when you say something so be it. I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Continuing from this

I thought it was good and everything buyers will SEND ME THE MONEY THROUGH PAYPAL

AND 3 WEEKS LATER THEY'd DISPUTE A CLAIM SAYING that they have not received the goods,

from that moment I was scared

I didn't know what was going on,

I email the seller which he said he sent the product and everything even the shipping but it was ALL FAKE.

When the buyers paid I will take the money out from paypal and send it to him...

and since one buyer disputed a good,

now I cant get hold of the seller he is disappeared leaving me with negative balance of -£4,000 BECAUSE I HAVE SENT HIM MONEY AND HE RAN AWAY WITH IT

I didn't know what to do I was in panic as I am only 18.

I reported this to the police that I have been a victim of Fraud

and they gave the crime reference number,

I emailed paypal about 100 times about what happened to my account

and gave them my CRIME reference number

they said ITS NOT VALID THE POLICE ARE GOING TO DO NOTHING?

I can't pay

I dont work I just study,

I eve rang them and told them I have been a victim of a fraud

and they still did not take it saying that they will get a debt collector if I don't pay,

I dont undertand, the fraud team and police are investigating

and I cant pay that amount I dont have it and Paypal are so mean and scary

the women shouted at me and pushed me to pay and call her BACK

which I won't until the investigation is done I don't want to be involved .

I dont want to have bad name!!

what would happen if the police do nothing?

I can't go to prison its not my fault,

please SOMEONE HELP ME IM CRYING :(

Edited by goldbabistar

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Get straight onto Action Fraud and give them the info regarding the con.

You Won't go to prison, YOU CAN'T, this is fraud, not your doing either.

Stay OFF the phone from now on, ONLY deal with the Police and Action Fraud, your not the first to fall for this and you certainly won't be the last.

If PP ring you just laugh and hang up, there is absolutely nothing they can do, this is now being investigated by the police.

You've been had, royally, learn from it, let the police do their job, and move on, debt collectors, (Wo're a joke) are absolutely powerless to do anything anyway, I'd have split my sides if she had threatened me with debt collectors!

You need to remember a debt collector, who has absolutely no powers whatsoever, are NOT bailiffs, nor will they ever be.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can safely ignore any empty threat letters a powerless DCA sends you.

There is NOTHING that they, or PP can do until the police have investigated this, you have given them the CRN, it's not your fault they say it's not valid, sounds like, you spoke to an uneducated clown who simply wondered past the phone as it was ringing, and tried to con you out of money you don't owe.

Forget it, wait for the old bill to get back to you with their findings, then go from there.

Keep a diary of events, especially regarding PP and any harassment they think they can subject you to, keep anything they send you, and note the date you received it on the envelope.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

debt collectors are NOT BAILIFFS

they have no such legal powers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you honestly! Even though I am scared still because I am still in panic and paypal are so rude and they never understand anything.

Thank you so much for all the tips and helps honestly,

I didn't know what to do at first,

but now I feel more confident in what to do!

I have showed this to my mum and she also says thanks,

I'm only 18 will that affect my credit in the future?

Oh no:(

No it won't have any effect on your credit file.

PP don't go anywhere near courtrooms, you've been conned and hopefully the old bill will sort them out.

You have a crime reference number, and that is all you need, should anyone every drag this up again.

You'll need to open a new account with ebay/pp mind, but that's nothing insurmountable.

Remember, if they ring, laugh and hang up, you are under absolutely NO legal obligation to discuss this over the phone with ebay or PP.

And if you get any puerile threat letters from them OR their chosen third party powerless debt collectors, you can ignore those too!

If you get any further harassment, come back here for another pep talk and you'll be guided and advised as to your best course of action.

In a nutshell, forget, get on with your life, let the police do their investigations. You owe NOTHING!

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Today, I have received a letter from Transcom for my ebay debt collector,

however I have not paid the amount due which is £66.63

because I have been a victim of a fraud and the seller its gone away with it!

I still have not heard from actionfraud and hopefully will,

however in the letter it says that if I don't pay they will undertake further collection activity

which could include use of doorstep collector or legal action!

I am scared.

What should I do?

The police are still investigating I don't want them to take me to court??

If you read the letter carefully it will be full of 'could' 'may' and 'might',

not one single word about what they actually will do or can do, which amounts to nothing.

If you want to be polite and show you're making every effort to be co-operative,

write back saying

'as your client is fully aware, this matter is the subject of a police investigation under crime reference xxxx.

I accept no liability whatsoever for any sum outstanding as a result of the fraudulent activity on my account

and will not enter into any further correspondence on the subject.'

Then ignore anything else they send or come back for more 'ignore' advice.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

no template needed

simply write what RMW stated.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in the letter it says that if I don't pay they will undertake further collection activity

which could include use of doorstep collector or legal action!

Ha ha ha ha, the puerile threat of a 'doorstep collector', what on earth do they do with all these doorsteps they collect?

Seriously, when you read that, you must laugh,

it has been typed out on a childs speak and spell,

the only people who it threatens and intimidates,

are the powerless DCA's using such 1980's threats.

if it doesn't already show it wont now

don't think PP debts are recorded on CRA file s anyway

don't forget the golden rule..

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

dx

and they

Update guys:

I got an email today saying this:

All Action Fraud reports are passed to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and we review every crime to identify investigative leads and opportunities to disrupt criminal activity.

We have reviewed your report and I regret to inform you that we have not identified any leads that would result in a successful criminal investigation therefore your report has not been sent to a local police force or other enforcement organisation to commence an investigation at this time.

they are not

Doing anything but they will keep My report,

what should I do??

Shall I leave it like that and I hope PayPal or eBay don't come after me ...

let it run.

dx

and they

Paypal wont do anything. They send a few letters, get a silly dca to do the same then you never hear fromt hem again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Paypal wont do anything. They send a few letters, get a silly dca to do the same then you never hear fromt hem again.

I'll have that in mind! Thank you guys for all your replies you have really helped

Me, I wouldn't know what to do and will be stuck... But thanks to this forum I got all the help I need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello goldbabistar,

Is there any update on your case at all?

I am currently in a very similar situation finding an advert on facebook about receiving a PayPal and then having money added into my account and then even more money withdrawn which resulted in me losing money. Now got them chasing me for the money people have requested back. Had the first calls today from PayPal but missed all of them from a number (02086100150). Action fraud are currently looking at my case and I hope something can come of this. If action fraud can't do anything im scared paypal will go after me for the money. Want them to just write it off as a bad debt or hope they can at least!!

p.s. im 19 so im also scared

If action fraud can't do anything I'm scared pay pal will go after me for the money. Want them to just write it off as a bad debt or hope they can at least!!

p.s. I'm 19 so I'm also scared

PP are toothless, they won't do anything less for threaten and intimidate you over the phone, which is why you must NEVER talk to them over the phone.

Whatever they wish to say, can be committed in writing, if you accidentally answer one of their calls, simply say, ''In writing only'' and hang up.

Keep a diary of events also, esp regarding their telephone harassment.

You've done the right thing by getting AF involved, let them carry out their investigation and report back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi AmyBabee17,

Sorry for the late reply was on holiday, well I have not heard anything from Paypal since I message them and neither from the Debt collectors, so you just don't worry, I don't think Action fraud will do anything... because they will not have enough information, but Paypal can't do anything, just live your life and make a new paypal and facebook, Just don't trust those adverts anymore it teach us a lesson.

Hello goldbabistar,

Is there any update on your case at all?

I am currently in a very similar situation finding an advert on facebook about receiving a PayPal and then having money added into my account and then even more money withdrawn which resulted in me losing money. Now got them chasing me for the money people have requested back. Had the first calls today from PayPal but missed all of them from a number (02086100150). Action fraud are currently looking at my case and I hope something can come of this. If action fraud can't do anything im scared paypal will go after me for the money. Want them to just write it off as a bad debt or hope they can at least!!

p.s. im 19 so im also scared

Hi AmyBabee17,

Sorry for the late reply was on holiday, well I have not heard anything from Paypal since I message them and neither from the Debt collectors, so you just don't worry, I don't think Action fraud will do anything... because they will not have enough information, but Paypal can't do anything, just live your life and make a new paypal and facebook, Just don't trust those adverts anymore it teach us a lesson.