• Tweets

• Hi Andyorch,   thanks for your response. I have gone through the CEO channel with multiple correspondence (letters) to no avail hence the choice to go to court. 
    • on a more positive note   "In his opening statement, Starmer said those who denied the problem of antisemitism should be “nowhere near” Labour. Questioned about Corbyn’s response, he said: “I’ll look carefully at what Jeremy Corbyn has said in full. “But I’ve said a moment ago, and I’ll say it again: those who deny there is a problem are part of the problem. Those who pretend it is exaggerated or factional are part of the problem.” In his statement, Starmer said the EHRC’s findings were “clear and stark”.   He said: “I found this report hard to read. And it is a day of shame for the Labour party. We have failed Jewish people, our members, our supporters, and the British public. “And so, on behalf of the Labour party, I am truly sorry for all the pain and grief that has been caused. To Jewish people, our Jewish members, our longstanding Jewish affiliate, JLM [the Jewish Labour Movement].”"     I'll bet we never see anything like a genuine apology from the Tories for the self serving abuses of the few at the top and their associates .... They can start with Dominic Cummings field trip before they get on to the reckless or deliberate miss-management of the Covid pandemic and the Uk's finances.
    • I had a letter last week from Global Arrow about a debt that I am not even sure that I owe. Today I received a letter from Resolve Call claiming to be acting on behalf of Global Arrow and threatening a doorstep visit. I am confused, who do I reply to, Resolve Call or Global Arrow? The thought of a doorstep visit terrifies me and I am concerned for  my son who could be here when they visit. Are there any template letters available? Any advice would be much appreciated. 
    • You will have to serve a Letter before claim first and exhaust their internal complaints procedure in line with the Pre Action Protocol before issuing a claim.   https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim   https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome   Topic moved to Financial Legal Issues.   Andy
    • I think it's outrageous and given that Jolyon is a successful barrister, I can only assume everything he says is accurate.   It's heartbreaking how much money has been squandered.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1602 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Apparently there is a voluntary code of practice in place which now limits back billing to 3 years for micro-businesses.

http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/publication.html?task=file.download&id=5196

A micro-business is a business with less than nine employees.

Apparently many of the suppliers have adopted back billing practices for micro-business customers which are better than the three-year maximum.

If anyone has any comments or examples to show, please post them here.

This is a positive move as it was previously 6 years in line with statute of limitations. I know EON amended theirs to one year, in line with the domestic billing code. IMO all suppliers should be a max of 1 year, although I'd like to see this reduced further due to the pressure it puts on finances. 6 months should be ample time to get things sorted

• 2 weeks later...
This is a positive move as it was previously 6 years in line with statute of limitations. I know EON amended theirs to one year, in line with the domestic billing code. IMO all suppliers should be a max of 1 year, although I'd like to see this reduced further due to the pressure it puts on finances. 6 months should be ample time to get things sorted

Spot on nottslad. Where we're at fault, we'll now only back bill our small and medium sized enterprise customers (including micro businesses) for up to one year from the date the problem was fixed. As you say, this brings our back billing standards in to line with those that apply to our domestic residential customers.

Malc

Malc,

as I post in another thread earlier I know of an EON case where a final bill so I include back billing and bill reversal has still not occurred in 24 months.

Now that against SLC 27.17 for a final bill to be sent within 6 weeks. It is just indefensible, don't you agree?

Stevie

Spot on nottslad. Where we're at fault, we'll now only back bill our small and medium sized enterprise customers (including micro businesses) for up to one year from the date the problem was fixed. As you say, this brings our back billing standards in to line with those that apply to our domestic residential customers.

Malc

Malc,

as I posted earlier I am aware of an EON case where the final bill including back billing and or bill reversal has not been presented to the customer in over 24 Months. Indefensible don't you agree?

Stevie

Hello Stevie.

Impossible to give an opinion without seeing the details. Please ask the customer to contact us. Following a full review, we'll certainly apply back billing rules if it's the right thing to do as per our Standards of Service. Contact details are on our website. We'll be happy to hear from them.

Malc

Hello Stevie.

Impossible to give an opinion without seeing the details. Please ask the customer to contact us. Following a full review, we'll certainly apply back billing rules if it's the right thing to do as per our Standards of Service. Contact details are on our website. We'll be happy to hear from them.

Malc

Malc ,

the law(s) of the UK are clear SLC 27.17 requires a bill within 6 weeks of termination. So does the Electricity and Gas (internal Markets )regs 2011.

There is no opinion that's the law(s). So a customer still awaiting a final bill after two years is indefensible?

This could damage there business or be abused by the energy company to suit their own hidden agenda.

What is wrong with energy companies complying with UK law?

Stevie

Afternoon Stevie. Can't comment on the specifics of an individual case other than what I said earlier. No idea of the circumstances so any comments could potentially be totally wrong.

This thread is about back billing for business customers. To keep on topic, following a full review, back billing rules will be applied if we're at fault for a customer not receiving an accurate bill. As above, we'll now only back bill our small and medium sized enterprise customers (including micro businesses) for up to one year from the date the problem was fixed. In these cases, customers will only be charged for 12 months usage before the date of the fix and then anything afterwards.

If you know of someone who needs help or advice about an issue with E.ON Stevie, please ask them to contact us so we can look at what's been going on. If they prefer, ask them to start their own thread so we and other posters can concentrate on their concerns. As far as I'm aware, Helena or I have responded to all the other recent E.ON related threads on CAG. Mods, if you're reading, please flag up anything you think we may have missed. Happy to take a look.

Malc

Malc ,

the law(s) of the UK are clear SLC 27.17 requires a bill within 6 weeks of termination. So does the Electricity and Gas (internal Markets )regs 2011.

There is no opinion that's the law(s). So a customer still awaiting a final bill after two years is indefensible?

This could damage there business or be abused by the energy company to suit their own hidden agenda.

What is wrong with energy companies complying with UK law?

Stevie

27.17 relates to domestic customers and states 'reasonable efforts' not that 6 weeks is the max timescale. 2 years is ridiculous, but quite often the things causing the delay aren't due to the losing supplier ie if data flows from the gaining supplier are not received, agreed read disputes etc

27.17 relates to domestic customers and states 'reasonable efforts' not that 6 weeks is the max timescale. 2 years is ridiculous, but quite often the things causing the delay aren't due to the losing supplier ie if data flows from the gaining supplier are not received, agreed read disputes etc

Thanks for mentioning this nottslad. As you say, this particular clause refers to final bills for domestic customers whereas this thread is about Micro and Small to Medium businesses. Industry rules and regulations differ for businesses although, as above, we've recently brought our domestic and small business back billing policy in to line in as much as, where we're at fault, we'll now only back bill for one year from the time a problem is fixed.

Thanks again nottslad and have a good weekend.

Malc