• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
hughsy40

We will not be refunding any of the charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4558 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I've just received a letter this morning sateing that they feel the "charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, they consider that the amounts debited to my account have been applied strictly in accordance with my agreement with them and are satisfied they comply with applicable laws and regulations".

They go on to say that they have "considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relations to credit card fees and are concerned that the OFT has publicy called into question the settign of charges applied to other products incl current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigations to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other entirely different products"

"Consequently, against background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges to your account".

What do I do? Is there any point in pursuing, or should I take it that they will not refund me?

I would be grateful of any advice, this is pretty scary stuff!!

Thanx

:confused:

HI! Don't worry they are just trying to scare you! I got the exact same letter, & my MCOL was issued today:D

Carry on with your timescale as normal!

Hi

Thanks for that, the letter is quite intimidating, I will carry on regardless - fingers crossed....

:confused:

Guest Battleaxe

Looks like all the banks are singing from the same song sheet. A *& L aand MBNA send the same ones also.. Stick to you timetable. They are hoping you will fold and go away..

Onwards and upwards

Yeah - I believe the banks own "in-house" term for it is a "Sodoff."

Tell them to take a hike!

Just carry on with your timetable, you will get your cash back!

Don't worry, that's a bog standard reply.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Glad I read this thread I got the same letter yesterday when I arrived home but i will carry on with the next step tonight and post the letter in morning - recorded of course.

Good luck everyone

Just to put in my 2p worth. Same as everyone else really.

This is standard tactics by all of the banks. It's meaningless bluster. Carry on and stick to the timetable. You will get there, just don't let them intimidate you.

Anytime you need support or are worried just post up on here; we've all been there.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hi, I've also received a 'we will not be refunding any of the charges letter' but the guy rattled on that my letter referred to credit card charges which I have checked and it was the correct standard letter that I copied and pasted from the templates. He also said that I was wrong to say that the bank was acting as a fudiciary and that I should seek legal advice????

Has anyone else had this kind of letter?

thanks

Hi, I've also received a 'we will not be refunding any of the charges letter' but the guy rattled on that my letter referred to credit card charges which I have checked and it was the correct standard letter that I copied and pasted from the templates. He also said that I was wrong to say that the bank was acting as a fudiciary and that I should seek legal advice????

Has anyone else had this kind of letter?

thanks

Do you have a thread about your claim? Can you PM me a link to it please.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Do you have a thread about your claim? Can you PM me a link to it please.

Pete

Hi Pete

I'm not doing too well with this site as every time I try to set up a thread it says I don't have the access requirements. What do you want to know?

Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I've just received a letter this morning sateing that they feel the "charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, they consider that the amounts debited to my account have been applied strictly in accordance with my agreement with them and are satisfied they comply with applicable laws and regulations".

They go on to say that they have "considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relations to credit card fees and are concerned that the OFT has publicy called into question the settign of charges applied to other products incl current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigations to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other entirely different products"

"Consequently, against background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges to your account".

What do I do? Is there any point in pursuing, or should I take it that they will not refund me?

I would be grateful of any advice, this is pretty scary stuff!!

Thanx

hiya,

i received the same letter from the bank, it is just a wee fob off letter just you carry on with your timescale as others have said.

Good luck

BOS-CC

21.6.6 - DPL pstd, 24.7.6 - Plm Ltr £2928.77 ,01.8.6 - Ltr rcvd from BOS- fob OFF,04.8.6 - LBA pstd,06 - Sm Clms fr crt,12.9.6 - rcvd £868.35 part pymnt, £2198.67,12.9.6-ltr acptng pp and lba,

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

21.6.6-DPL pstd,04.8.6-Plm Ltr £4824.93,24.8.6-LBA pstd

RBS1

24.7.6-DPL pstd,05.9.6-Plm ltr £3232.47,19.9.6-LBA,31.10.6-sm clms crt Won

RBS2

18.9.6-DPL pstd,08.11.06-plm ltr £1,138.51 Won

Hi, I was sent exact same letter then received an offer of half of what they owe me. Its to try and get you to back down......... dont!

Good luck

Batty

make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back ;)

Batty_uk

yes i had the same letter too i have issued my court claim on line yesterday

good luck

Sent my letter back today Letter before Action. They should receive it today. I will wait for reply. Will keep you informed as to outcome.

Good Luck to all of you.

Hi there,

I've had exactly the same letter, and to be perfectly honest it makes me hoping mad!. I will go on!, but how do i respond to this?, send another letter? i.e. Letter before action?.

Cheers

j :-)

Data Protection Letter RBS 18/10/06

Preliminary approch letter - RBS for £984.68 08/11/06

Data Protection Letter MBNA 18/10/06

Amount charged £1,126.25

Data Protection Letter Barclaycard 18/10/06

Amount charged TBC

Data Protection Letter HBOS 07/11/06

LBA and make sure that you add any additional charges that you may have incurred since you sent the original Request for Payment Letter. I'm just about to send mine and I've also added;

Please also be aware that I am a member of the Consumer Action Group. May I suggest therefore that it would be prudent for you to respond positively to this letter and not issue the standard delaying response which will only prolong this matter and incur the bank additional charges as I fully intend to take this matter to an acceptable resolution?

Hopefully this will make them get their finger out but I'll let you know!!

hi,

I got exactly the same letter on 31st October, so I sent off my LBA on the 6th November and recieved my offer on 13th November.

I sent off my rejection letter on 15th November, and start my court claim on 20th November if they do not settle.

So just send your LBA off and sit back and wait.

regards

kev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too! Stuck to my schedule & one bank has just sent a cheque for a third of my claim (which has been torn in half & returned today!)

Not bad to say they weren't refunding charges eh! They will change their tune at some point - don't worry! :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

hi,

I got exactly the same letter on 31st October, so I sent off my LBA on the 6th November and recieved my offer on 13th November.

I sent off my rejection letter on 15th November, and start my court claim on 20th November if they do not settle.

So just send your LBA off and sit back and wait.

regards

kev

If you could let me know how you get on as i'm only a few weeks behind you, slightly nervewracking that you have to go to court and all but hey for a £1k i'll do it!.

Cheers

J

Data Protection Letter RBS 18/10/06

Preliminary approch letter - RBS for £984.68 08/11/06

Data Protection Letter MBNA 18/10/06

Amount charged £1,126.25

Data Protection Letter Barclaycard 18/10/06

Amount charged TBC

Data Protection Letter HBOS 07/11/06

If you could let me know how you get on as i'm only a few weeks behind you, slightly nervewracking that you have to go to court and all but hey for a £1k i'll do it!.

Cheers

J

Prob won't end up in the courtroom anyway - most seem to be settled at the last minute! But hey if it does as u say - it's worth it in the end!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi All

I have had that letter twice now. Once after my letter for refund of charges and again this week after my LBA.

Anyone else had this problem. I presume this is a stalling stactic too.

I will be submitting my court claim this week.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Hi All

I have had that letter twice now. Once after my letter for refund of charges and again this week after my LBA.

Anyone else had this problem. I presume this is a stalling stactic too.

I will be submitting my court claim this week.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Yup it sometimes seems like ur just going round in circles! have a look at my thread for RBS (Mastercard) latest stalling tactics ... tryna get me to pay them £10 for them to produce copies of my statements (which I already have) so they can use them to process my claim!!! Cheeky or what! I've challenged this n they now say t save the tenner I can copy mine & send them to them to use instead! Not too bad though - they have sent me a 1st class pre paid envelope!! :rolleyes: lol

Feel free to click my scales if I have helped you

:)

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt V RBS Mastercard

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Just to add my bit. I received exactly the same letter from Mark Slinger. I rang him and asked if I should address the summons to him personally now that he was dealing with it. He back pedalled furiously and admitted that it was a "standard letter" that anyone dealing with my letters would have sent. I recorded the phone call and will try to add it to my court bundle.