Private Pensions and JSA

daverules
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It depends on the type of JSA. If the claimant receives income based JSA(IB) then an occupational or private pension is fully taken into account - that is, JSA is reduced by the full amount of the pension. If the claimant receives contribution based JSA© then the first £50 per week is ignored, and JSA is reduced by any amount over that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hello

if someone is in receipt of private pension and went on JSA

would they receive the full weekly amount or would they

reduce the amount due to the pension.

Regards

Hi, a person i know has been told he cant claim JSA as he has a private pension, i think but im not sure its due to him having to claim UC now and not JSA, he is looking for job, iv told him to ask his advisor and see CAB. Due to all the changes taking place this makes me unsure what to tell.

Just some thing for your to ask/find out about as that person felt he was being let down by the system after working most of his life