Issues with new employer requiring personal information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recently been offered a new job and have consented to background checks,

i said i was unemployed for five months and they want evidence of this,

but i didn't claim and benefits (was living on savings with some help from my partner).

The issue i have is they want a bank statement spanning that length of time

which makes me feel uncomfortable as i find it very invasive.

Also my partner didn't have a bank account at that time so let him use my bank details for his employer

to pay his wages into my account, this will obviously show up on my statement.

Not only that, when looking through my account history i found a couple of jobs i had forgot about

that i had for such a short time but didn't declare (because i didn't remember having them)

one was less than 1 week, the other was 1 month.

I am upset because i genuinely forgot to incorporate them and even if i had remembered them,

wouldn't have declared them as they were crap jobs that i walked out of fairly swiftly

and didn't want it to look bad on me.

What do i do, do i tell them and hope they will understand or am i doomed?

:|

Being open and honest is the only way forward here.

If you hide details or do not comply you will not get/or lose the job

If you are honest and upfront about your errors the worst that can happen is you will not get the job but theres a small chance you may still be offered it. Your partner would have received wage slips?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Explain all to them and you'll be fine.

A week or a month gap jobs are only done to pay the bills and any reasonable human being will know that.

They don't really form part of your career and they won't be interested in that.

You'll be alright, trust me.

In certain business sectors this is normal- financial services and security are 2 that spring to mind. What they are looking for is that you arent so massively overdrawn that you are likely to be tempted to run off with their cash and that you dont have deposts of £20k every couple of weeks from Colombia that cannot be explained.

In certain business sectors this is normal- financial services and security are 2 that spring to mind. What they are looking for is that you arent so massively overdrawn that you are likely to be tempted to run off with their cash and that you dont have deposts of £20k every couple of weeks from Colombia that cannot be explained.

What's wrong with £20k a week from Colombia?

They advertise a job where you receive a package at your address and drop it off to another address nearby.

They pay good money for it.

The advert explains that confidentiality and discrete manners are a must 😂

Wonder what they ship???

• 1 month later...
Thats a 'money mule' **** King, it all sounds really good and well paid but it is all illegal. The stuff sent has been bought using stolen credit cards. You then send the package on to the thief.

It was a joke, hence the laughing emoticon at the end.

But maybe it doesn't show on non windows phones.

Smileys face!