Lowell and credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Must be the same

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that for default dates it had to be when the OC had originally defaulted account?

correct

thats what andy was saying; a new owner can put their name on it, but they cant change the actual original default date.

Going round in circles here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Going round in circles here

Forgive the repetitive questions but making sure i have this all correct as a number of issues :

1 DCA has not sent document from OC to state they are the new owner

Both accounts have charges in them

The default dates for both are incorrect hence the DF questions

Thanks JJ

If you don't have the NOA forom one DCA to the next, then continue to maintain the payments to whoever you were paying, if it is enforceable?

Reclaim the charges from the accounts.

Inform the CRA that the information they are reporting is factually incorrect, and as such needs to be rectified ASAP, and place a notice of correction against the incorrect entry with the correct date of default, if you have it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you don't have the NOA forom one DCA to the next, then continue to maintain the payments to whoever you were paying, if it is enforceable?

Reclaim the charges from the accounts.

Inform the CRA that the information they are reporting is factually incorrect, and as such needs to be rectified ASAP, and place a notice of correction against the incorrect entry with the correct date of default, if you have it?

Thanks for that information.

Looking at the letter from Cabot it is not actually headed NOA ! It is just a letter on Halifax headed paper stating that DCA is now the owner and all rights etc belong to them.

Lowell just keeps sending a breakdown of statements , no NOA not even a letter from the original OC so I have sent them a prove it letter twice now.

No payments have been made for a couple of years now. Halifax were being arses each time I contacted them about the charges ,plus account fees.

One overdraft is for £750 with Cabot the other is £3k with Lowell . I can see Lowell forcing this one to court for that sum so disputing the charges first off will help plus if they go to court I can dispute that they have not complied with my request for them to prove the debt. Are they breaking data protection if all they send me is a breakdown of transactions on the actual account ?

they'll have NOA that's not an issue if it ever goes to court which it wont.if the dca has changed the defaulted date as per the OC

then as I outlined early write to them

and give them 14 days before ico.

and they

they'll have NOA that's not an issue if it ever goes to court which it wont.if the dca has changed the defaulted date as per the OC

Okay got that now no more repeat questions guys ! :0) Thanks so far for the advice

Get reclaiming those penalty fees on those two accounts, esp that 3k one lowlifes have.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
Get reclaiming those penalty fees on those two accounts, esp that 3k one lowlifes have.

Well just to update I have had no correspondence from Lowell at all in fact gone very quiet. I am still trying to get the default dates from the OC's which are holding things up.

Surprisingly I have not had a 50/60/70 % reduction offer from Lowell on those accounts I am awaiting CCA information on as I expected they would at least try and get whatever they could in terms of a payment !

one of the OC (Cap One) has just confirmed default date as of 7.2.2014

which is surprising as I had paid nothing for about 3 years

got them to confirm again and gave the same date but thought it would be before that !

Even so Lowell have put date at june 2016 so one letter on it's way plus an adjustment on credit file..

Pull cap1 up as well?

Should not be that long after last payment

Max 3mts

and they

Pull cap1 up as well?

Should not be that long after last payment

Max 3mts

How can I do this with Cap One ?

Are you saying that the account should have been defaulted after the 3 months was up without payment.

Also can I force them to change this if that is the case ?

Thanks....

yes write and ask them

stating under ICO rules/guidelines that is very unfair

and they

the ICO are looking into this sort of thing

some companies are trying to stretch the period out to as much as 12 years

by not issuing a default notice when the debt has actually become due

and they have failed to make an arrangement for its repayment

so might be worth a complaint to them if you get no joy from your letter

Okay great advice..

.looking at some of the advice online regarding DN it is stating between 3-6 months .

I need to check but if I have made a random payment after this time

but nothing again

I assume it should be 3-6 months from last payment before a DN can be issued ?

for a loan or CC it will be one month after the payment became due

so generally 2 months of not paying or making arrangements should cause a default.

What the companies say is they try and reach an arrangement and will exhaust all avenues before defaulting

but they really only do this to drag out the period of the agreement beyond its real time of the breach of contract to prevent the starting of the SB clock.

That is why some companies dont report a default for just short of 6 years, to abuse the process.

for a loan or CC it will be one month after the payment became due so generally 2 months of not paying or making arrangements should cause a default. What the companies say is they try and reach an arrangement any will exhaust all avenues before defaulting but they really only do this to drag out the period of the agreement beyound its real time of the breach of contract to prevent the starting of the SB clock. That is why some cmpanies dont report a default for just short of 6 years, to abuse the process.

Yep can see that now sneaky ******** ! Well I know I have not paid for at least 2 years to my knowledge and certainly no payment arrangement in place