EE Contract Ends ......Upgrade declined!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had been with Orange for approx 4 years (2 X Contracts) converted to EE, then another T Mobile Contract taken out fom2 years, ending in September 2015. I had requested a contract/phone upgrade towards end of contract, but was declined as EE claimed I owed them for a Sim a only contract I had taken out for my son - for which the contract had ended, approx August 2014? This had been owing to the SIM becoming faulty and several requests made for a replacement had taken considerable time to arrive. Furthermore, the sim only contract, was a £9.99 per month tariff/deal; for which they stated as being £150.00 in arrears?

I disputed owing this amount and explained the difficulties associated with managing account, with no sim card and that I still had the replacement sim-card, fully in tact and attached to card, which we had received months, after initial request - by which time my son had a SIM card from another provider. They were adamant that they would not reason, or adjust outstanding amount and until it was paid - refused me upgrade.

I continued using my old IPhone 4s/SIM card and continued paying monthly contract at a rate of £43.00, from Sept to March. By this time, it had come to my attention that, I should not be paying the proportion of the monthly cost, which relate to the handset? A colleague advised me that EE should have reduced my monthly payments, to reflect my Sim Card tariff only - which would reduce costs by approx 50%

I visited an EE store to try and resolv, however they very once in tly stated that, if a customer account in arrears - they are unable to access that account on their system, so unable to assist or investigate further? Hen I mentioned the matter of my monthly payments being excessive as I should have reduction for phone as now paid in full (since sept 2015) - they said, that would not happen automatically, I would be expected to apply for it as it is apparantly considered as being an "upgrade?"

So on receiving EE demand for payment of March Bill, I refuse to pay - without them having regard to my situation and all the overpayments I had made.

Matter remains unresolved and my phone 'permanently disconnected' not van reciving incoming calls?

I can't believe that NetworkmProvider Giant, such as EE - have no regard to loyal customers and not bothered to provide any customer service at all.

Can anybody advise if this is lawful? Surely by entering into a 2 year contract, signed and agreed by both parties - would indicate a contract of just that - 2 years! Is it right that I would be expected to have to write to request my contract ends or they bill me accordingly??

Any advice would be gratefully received- many thanks in advance - Nadiq:mad2:

The contract should indeed have ended and converted to a sim only, rolling 30 day tariff.

You only have to give 30 days notice verbally to terminate a contract, so for a 24 month contract, you can verbally give notice from the end of month 23.

Did you give them any notice to terminate or continue on a sim only basis?

Can you give a more detailed story for the sons sim only aswell please?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.