Doncaster Airport - VCS - bw legal - Ongoing since Feb 2014.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ongoing since Feb 2014.

Flight I had gone to meet was delayed so I reversed into an unfinished spur from a roundabout.

Eventually the dreaded white van sneaked up and pointed his camera at another vehicle, then mine. I was mindful to drive off but couldn't enter the roundabout as there was a muppet with a camera van moving slowly round it.

This vehicle (The camera van) then drove to the opposite side and started to swivel his camera round towards us again. I drove away quickly before he got a second shot.

In due course a letter arrived with one nice picture of my car apparently stationary at some dashed give way markings, and an invitation to send them £60 for this small black and white picture for being " stopped on a roadway where stopping is prohibited"

I always thought you had to stop at give way markings when there is a vehicle coming from your right.

I didn't respond.

Since then : Increase of charge to £100 : Then the usual rubbish and veiled threats from Rossendales. When that was ignored nothing for over 12 months until today.

bw legal now £154 and an attempted frightener mention County Court etc. It does say in the small print they would have to "seek our clients instructions " to commence legal proceedings.

As I've ignored everything so far, should I carry on stonewalling? Or ask them to contact the driver and stop bothering me.

Obviously they don't know who the driver was, and I'm not going to tell them.

Advice Please.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hello and welcome.

I think you've understood what the game is, pretty much. I'm surprised it's gone on this long though.

The forum guys should be along over the course of the day, but while you're waiting, you might like to have a read around of other BW Legal threads. I think I saw someone else the other day who had the same £154 charge, which is interesting.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the attention honeybee. I agree about the length of time it's been ongoing. After Rossendales gave up I thought I'd "won" Like another poster The letter from VCS saying they'd passed it to bw legal AND the letter from bw legal arrived in the same envelope. Makes me suspect they may share a desk in the same office.

ok well you've read a couple of like threads

general consensus is simply let it run

but don't ignore a 'letter before action'

nor a claimform

IF they come

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sat on it solidly for over two years. It takes some doing at times as they're very good at mind games and trying to find a way to break your resolve. I'd even considered the possibility my wife had secretly paid them off without telling me , when it went quiet for so long. However it looks like round three has started.

If you ever received court papers regarding this, then you would have people fighting to help you.

VCS will not jeopardise this money making [problem] here or at JLA, so carry on ignoring....

I've read many threads on this subject and agree it has to be pushed to a conclusion. Just nice to know there is support out here. Thanks everyone. Next stage would be in16 days after I don't pay anything this time.

Bless their little cotton socks, gotta give em credit for leaving the computer on for this length of time though!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

airports are not "relevant land" so PoFA not applicable. As they dont know who the driver was they can only make noises. They have tried court before and got spanked as airport has its own byelaws and they are not compatible with a bunch aof chancers asking for money but as it suits the airport and VCS they have a devil's compact to keep quiet about each others indiscretions.

airports are not "relevant land" so PoFA not applicable. As they dont know who the driver was they can only make noises. They have tried court before and got spanked as airport has its own byelaws and they are not compatible with a bunch aof chancers asking for money but as it suits the airport and VCS they have a devil's compact to keep quiet about each others indiscretions.

So basically it's a drawn out game of call my bluff.

It is all about the money.

the airport has an agreement with VCS to clodder errant motorists and share the loot.

If the airport applies the byelaws motorists may get fined a fixed penalty (about £15 if I remember correctly)

but the money goes to the courts service niot to the airport so they connive with VCS in return for a nice drink.

However, VCS cannot actually create contracts with motorists becuse the contract they rely on

(ie contractual obligation s on stopping or parking) is in fact a criminal act

and you cannot be part of a compact with criminality so they cant claim any money!

However, 99% of the people caught out dont know this so pay up.

Then VCS chases the minority and threatens all sort of things but will try and avoid court

in case someone points this out and a judge not only dismisses the claim

but decides to do them for contempt ( nice thought but it aint going to happen).

ROBIN HOOD AIRPORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF CAR PARKS

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Entry to or use of the car parks at Robin Hood Airport (“the airport”)

is subject to the current terms and conditions of Doncaster Sheffield Airport Limited (“the company”)

and

the airport byelaws regulating the use and operation of the airport

and the conduct of all persons while within the airport.

These conditions contain limited exemption clauses affecting all persons who enter or use the car parks.

Copies are available for inspection on request.

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/car-parking/more-parking-information/

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/uploads/documents/DSA_Car_Park_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

And here are the elusive byelaws;

http://www.davidmarq.com/bama/doncaster%20airport%20byelaws.pdf

* Apologies for formatting!

Edited by dx100uk
sorted - dx

In other words,

the Road Traffic Act shall be the method of deciding whether something is covered by prohibition

except a few things such as having spotlights on your car or leaving the car with the engine running

(always a popular thing in Belfast a few years ago just as a wind up).

So, double yellow lines mean no parking at any time, not no stopping or setting down, which is allowed in RTA.

Nowhere does it say pay VCS, just you may be prosecuted and fined.

Also means their signage must be compliant with the Regs for roads and how many are? hardly any I bet.

• 1 month later...

Nothing further until end of June when

I received a letter offering a further 10 days to settle the account before clients instruction to take it further.

Seems to be BW legal standard letter as mentioned by many of posters on this forum

. Today (over 3 weeks later) BW Legal have phoned and left a message for me to ring them back URGENTLY

. Obviously the first thing I did when I got home was to NOT ring them

, but to update this thread.

What Next?

Laugh

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...