Marston Holdings wins Best Vulnerable Customer Strategy Award 2016

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Credit Today Awards 2016 was held two days ago and the Best Vulnerable Customer Strategy Award was given to Marston Group.

The Credit Today Awards is the largest awards ceremony in the industry.

Marston Group received the award for a range of vulnerability initiatives established throughout its business, in support of customers that are potentially in need.

Now all they need to do is to filter it down to those at the sharp end.

Yes, it's all well and good having fantastic welfare departments, but EA's are allegedly trained to recognise vulnerabilities nowadays, and withdraw to give extra time, or something like that. As you say, it needs to filter down to the EA's themselves.

Yes, it's all well and good having fantastic welfare departments, but EA's are allegedly trained to recognise vulnerabilities nowadays, and withdraw to give extra time, or something like that. As you say, it needs to filter down to the EA's themselves.

Absolutely.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Now all they need to do is to filter it down to those at the sharp end.

The 'Vulnerable Customer Strategy Award' is a new award that was only introduced this year. The finalists were Marston Holdings, Shoosmiths, PayPlan and Debt Advisory Line.

I am sure that the company will not want this prestigious award to be a temporary one and the way to achieve this, is to ensure that all staff and in particular, enforcement agents are fully trained in recognising and dealing with vulnerable debtors.

Since the Taking Control of Goods Regulations was introduced in 2014, it is almost certainly the case that vast improvements have been made regarding 'vulnerability'. Hopefully, there may be further news on this subject when the government finalise their review of the regulations.

Since the Taking Control of Goods Regulations was introduced in 2014, it is almost certainly the case that vast improvements have been made regarding 'vulnerability'. Hopefully, there may be further news on this subject when the government finalise their review of the regulations.

It's pleasing to see my pretty innocuous posts are worthy of comment! It's odd that I can find no mention of this award anywhere other than on the Marston's website, and it's obvious they are going to crow about it.

I'm afraid I remain to be convinced that vulnerable customers are being treated significantly differently by EA's than ever they were. The new regs are certainly working far better than the old ones, but I think vulnerable people are picked up more by welfare departments following third party intervention than by EA's on the doorstep - are there any definitive figures about this of which people are aware?

The review of the regs seems to be taking an awfully long time. Why is it being constantly delayed? I thought at one stage I'd read about it being left until the next review date - possibly just my imagination though?

It's odd that I can find no mention of this award anywhere other than on the Marston's website, and it's obvious they are going to crow about it.

I'm afraid I remain to be convinced that vulnerable customers are being treated significantly differently by EA's than ever they were. The new regs are certainly working far better than the old ones, but I think vulnerable people are picked up more by welfare departments following third party intervention than by EA's on the doorstep - are there any definitive figures about this of which people are aware?

The review of the regs seems to be taking an awfully long time. Why is it being constantly delayed? I thought at one stage I'd read about it being left until the next review date - possibly just my imagination though?

I will try to answer all three questions.

A link to the awards can be found on the Credit Today website.

You are correct, the new (2014) regulations are almost certainly working. The vulnerability issue is vitally important and this area has also seen a vast improvement since 2014.

We must not lose sight of the fact that prior to 2014, we did not have a Notice of Enforcement inviting a payment proposal to be set up. This is a completely new initiative and it is at this stage that many vulnerable cases are identified.

Under the 'One Year' review, it would appear that most companies provided the Ministry of Justice with figures demonstrating how many cases are settled on receipt of the NoE.....how many cases are settled at the enforcement stage.... and most importantly, how many are subject to payment arrangements.

The regulations were being 'reviewed' after one year but it was made very clear by the government that this 'review' was only to consider any 'unintended consequences' of the regulations. Whilst it is disappointing that the results have not as yet been published, I would assume that MOJ are maybe satisfied that any intended changes can wait until the full three year review next year.

At present, there is a great deal going on in the background with the ongoing consultation by Lord Briggs and when completed, may well affect enforcement in the future. The High Court industry are very much looking forward to his full report.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/articles/civil-courts-structure-review-interim-report-enforcement