Arrow Global bought HSBC debt

webwonderuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently applied for a mortgage and found a default on my credit file from Arrow Global.

The debt i believe is in relation to a business loan i took out with HSBC in 2005,

the business was shut down approx 3 years ago as well as all associated accounts

including i assumed the loan account,

HSBC informed me nothing was owed when i shut the accounts,

they even transferred some money that was in the current account to another business account i had with them.

I received a letter from Arrow Global in April 2016 mentioning a debt

and i contacted them directly for more information, they never returned my calls.

I have spoken to HSBC this morning who have just said that the account was closed?

They wouldnt give me any further information.

I have spent years perfecting my credit rating and to say i am absolutely livid about this default is an understatement,

my mortgage was rejected and my personal credit rating completely trashed.

The default was put on in February 2015!!!

What can i do,

i have today sent SAR requests to both HSBC and Arrow Global as well as request for the record of default notice to Arrow Global.

On my credit file the address for the default was a house i lived in over 10 years ago??

Latest letter says debt has been passed to Moorcroft Group PLC

I am contemplating paying the amount owed £910 to mark it as satisfied

but i dont want to pay what i have been told isnt owed,

money is not an object and i will gladly pay whatever it costs to get this default removed.

Place a 'notice of correction' on your credit file, in that you have no knowledge of this alleged debt.

You're doing the right thing by sending the SAR to HSBC, AG won't have anything, so I'd save your £10 on them.

Stay off the phone, only ever deal with these [edited] in writing, you need a paper trail of evidence.

On your CRF what is the date of default?

And when was the account actually defaulted?

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Arrow Global Marked the default as 12/02/2015 Nothing has been paid to HSBC for approx 3 years as accounts were shut down.

Also i have certainly never received a default notice?

I have received no correspondence from HSBC regarding this matter whatsoever, i have personal and three other business accounts with them so they have my details.

I doubt it was arrows that placed the default

it would have been HSBC before they sold the debt on.

you certainly should not be talking to arrows on the phone

writing ONLY.

I suspect too this will have something to do with what hsbc call ' a managed loan'

whereby they merge everything and sell it on.

FWIW a debt buyer cannot issue DN's

only the OC can do that.

so HSBC are lying to you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

SAR them regarding this particular account, and see what they fire back, if anything?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

when a debt is sold

the buyers name replaced that of the OC

on your credit file

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

look like the managed loan debacle then.

HSBC filed the default

they are your target

paying wont remove it either

dx

and they

Hammer HSBC, exhaust their complaints procedure then escalate it to the ombudsman if necessary.

If this has resulted in you being refused a mortgage, and you can prove that this default should never have been applied to your account,

then keep copies of everything as evidence, so that you are able to sue them in court for defamation, if they fail to remove it or correct the entry on your file.

Will have to see what the SAR's bring back, it is criminal how they twist regulations and have so much control over people, HSBC have never contacted me about any outstanding monies, i have no debt whatsoever except buy to let mortgages and everything is always paid when request to say i am pi@@ed off is an understatement.

Well, if you can prove that this data being processed on your CRF is inaccurate/incorrect then it will be HSBC who will be dipping into their profits to pay you damages!

Hammer HSBC, exhaust their complaints procedure then escalate it to the ombudsman if necessary.

If this has resulted in you being refused a mortgage, and you can prove that this default should never have been applied to your account,

then keep copies of everything as evidence, so that you are able to sue them in court for defamation, if they fail to remove it or correct the entry on your file.

Thanks that sounds like a plan, had a complaint with HSBC a few weeks ago with none communication regarding arranging a meeting and they gave me £100 in my account as apology :smile:

Thanks that sounds like a plan, had a complaint with HSBC a few weeks ago with none communication regarding arranging a meeting and they gave me £100 in my account as apology :smile:

Well processing inaccurate data on your CRF, you can put another zero on the end of that, and, if you can prove that it stopped you from obtaining a mortgage, or preferential borrowing rates, then the figure only goes up! :thumb:

It will not hurt one bit, but use the belts and braces approach and make/keep a copy of whatever you email so you can follow it up with a hard copy if they fail to answer your email.

I am a little concerned if I attempt to sue HSBC they will shut my other accounts, I have two successful companies plus personal accounts with them and with default would not be able to obtain another account, especially as businesses these days rely on electronic money, would they attempt to shut my other accounts?

they cannot take any retaliatory action

not allowed/more compo time!

and they

yesterday i received a letter from HSBC which was in response to my email asking for more information.

They confirm that it was to do with a small business loan,

last credit was received on 1 august 2014 and it has an outstanding balance of £910.20,

they state our records indicate a significant amount of correspondence was sent to the address held.

I believe the address held was my address i moved out of in September 2005 over 10 years ago,

the bank have all my updated info as i have 4 other accounts with them,

i do not specifically recall telling them about change of address for this account

but all other accounts were updated correctly 10 years ago,

surely they have my address which i have lived in since 2005

and where i received all other account information from them?

Now they have told me it is owed,

i will arrange payment of the amount owed,

this loan was taken out over 11 years ago !!!

Surely they should have sent a default notice to my current address??

the debt is statute barred if you've paid/used it in 10yrs.

dx

and they

Not sure what that means?

Apparently i paid something in 2014 which was only 2 years ago?

can you remember paying anything??? if not to ask them prove ? how paid. cheque number. i.e. method of payment by whom?? has been known for CCA1974 request & SAR request be credited to an account when these request cannot be taken as a payment by you!
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

oh really?

and before that when was the lat payment?

6yrs no payment any period

dx

and they

I was paying it from my business account by standing order,

last payment was 2014 according to the bank,

then i shut business down and when we shut business was told everything was ok and bank account was shut,

i was unaware that money was still owed on loan,

my argument is i never received any notifications which had apparently gone to an address i lived at almost 11 years ago!!

ok so not statute barred

not really a valid point that they sent things to an old address.

were you a sole trader or ltd co?

and they