Cyber attack hits millions of Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

According to a security expert, tens of millions of usernames and passwords have been hacked, concerning email accounts with Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo, with the details traded online.

The report says that data from somewhere in the region of 97 million accounts have been swiped.

It looks like personal information from around 40 million Yahoo Mail accounts, 33 million Hotmail accounts and 24 million Gmail accounts have been accessed.

You can read Hold Security's full report on this breach, right here, if you want to know more.

Obviously, it'd be a good time to update your password if you have accounts with any of those companies

http://www.bitterwallet.com/privacy/cyber-attack-hits-millions-of-gmail-hotmail-and-yahoo-accounts-91917

Or even 3 weeks ago when it actually happened. Nothing like timely reporting eh?

Perhaps you could have brought it to CAGs attention sooner londonblue...having been a member since 2008 ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Perhaps you could have brought it to CAGs attention sooner londonblue...having been a member since 2008 ?

Really? You'd have to have been on Mars not to have caught this story when it broke a few weeks ago.

Really? You'd have to have been on Mars not to have caught this story when it broke a few weeks ago.

I must be on Mars !

I follow the news quite closely and did not see this report weeks ago.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ahhh! That'll be why I've had messages from Gmail to say that someone has my password and tried to sign into my account... yep, this happened about 3 weeks ago and I changed the password.. TB