• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New poll findings: Government ignores public on fracking and should not relax tremor rules

Less than a quarter of people support relaxing the rules on fracking-induced earth tremors, according to results of a new survey published today.

Polling for the countryside charity, Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE), revealed that 24% thought the rules should change in favour of the shale gas industry. More than twice as many (54%), supported the rules as they are.

Under the current regulations, known as the traffic light system, companies must pause fracking for 18 hours if their operations cause seismic events measuring 0.5ML or above on the local magnitude scale.

Cuadrilla’s fracks at Preston New Road near Blackpool last year caused 57 tremors, including eight at or above the 0.5ML threshold.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/21/new-poll-findings-government-ignores-public-on-fracking-and-should-not-relax-tremor-rules/

Don't break the fracking rules

In response to demands from industry, the government has said that it does not intend to review earthquake regulations, stating: ‘We set these regulations in consultation with industry and we have no plans to review them.’ However, despite these comments, there have been more recent reports that a review is on the horizon [5] with fresh calls from industry that included a direct plea to the Prime Minister

https://theecologist.org/2019/feb/21/dont-break-fracking-rules

Friends and foes of UK fracking find common cause

Anti-shale gas campaigners and industry united in confusion at ministers’ stance

https://www.ft.com/content/864c1e2e-3421-11e9-bd3a-8b2a211d90d5

May met Ineos chair for off-roader talks as tax row loomed

The PM met Sir Jim Ratcliffe last week to discuss fracking

and Ineos's 4x4 manufacturing plans, Sky News learns.

Sources said that Sir Jim had also raised concerns during the meeting about the Government's fracking policy, which he publicly criticised last week as laying a path for an "energy crisis" that would cause "irreparable damage" to the UK economy.

While private meetings between Mrs May and senior business figures are not unusual, the timing of the discussion has the potential to be embarrassing for her.

PwC considered quitting Ineos over Monaco tax move

PwC has reportedly considered resigning as auditor of Ineos after its founder – the UK’s richest person – laid out plans to move to Monaco to avoid paying taxes

https://economia.icaew.com/news/february-2019/pwc-considered-quitting-ineos-over-monaco-tax-move

Cuadrilla wants to use more chemicals to improve fracking at shale gas site

The shale gas company, Cuadrilla, is seeking permission to add new chemicals to its fracking operations in Lancashire.

In details published today, the company said it wanted to change the composition of the fracking fluid so that more sand could be carried into fractures in the shale rock.

Other chemicals

Hydrochloric acid
Cuadrilla said this would help reduce fracturing pressure. It would dissolve drilling mud remaining in the wellbore and “facilitate entry of the fracturing fluid from openings in the production tubing to the body of shale”. The company said the acid would be used on the well before fracking. An estimated 3-15m3 per fracture stage would be needed. It would be stored at a strength no greater than 10%, the company said.

Methanol
Cuadrilla said this would be used to prevent the formation of gas hydrates during well suspension. An interim decision by regulators has considered methanol non-hazardous to groundwater, Cuadrilla said.

Glutaraldehyde
Described as a non-hazardous biocide, Cuadrilla said this was an alternative way of treating bacteria to ultraviolent light

Drilling muds Cuadrilla said it was considering the use of low toxicity oil based drilling muds in sections of the well isolated from the Sherwood Sandstone formation. .

The application lists 41 additives, 14 of which are presumed to be hazardous.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/20/cuadrilla-wants-to-use-more-chemicals-to-improve-fracking-at-shale-gas-site/

The pressure begins to build.:sad:

The filthy Greedy Frackers with their chemicals,Norm and all the other risks want to appear near a place near you soon.

Just tell them to Frack Off politely.Whenever you can.

Back soon.

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Good morning from balmy Britain where the February warmth from the African Plume is a break from the winter cold.Last year at this time the Beast From the East was in full flow.

So onwards what has been happening this weekend,plenty.

Picture post: Nationwide protests at fracking investors and supply chain

Anti-fracking groups took part in protests at six places across England yesterday against the supply chain and funders of the shale gas industry.

Windsor

Lincoln

Cheshire

Leeds

Cambridge

Bristol

Were all targeted.

Some of the links to the days actions.

Protestors Target Companies Supporting Fracking in UK Day of Action

Anti-fracking campaigners gathered in Windsor to protest against Centrica’s investments in the fracking industry.

Centrica, which owns British Gas, has invested millions into Cuadrilla, the gas exploration company that in October 2018 was given a licence to drill at Lancashire’s Preston New Road site.

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2019/02/22/protestors-target-companies-supporting-fracking-in-uk-day-of-action?fbclid=IwAR0q-Qk0aQ_hfm62VAoFS2WK7X1qGViHB8DV0jHoLRUoZ_QWALaV_3nUEPo

Environment Rising British Gas bills are being invested in fracking – increasing prices more, say protesters

British Gas customers can expect more price hikes, environmental protesters say. The UK’s biggest gas provider announced plans to raise prices by £119 for 3 million customers from 1 April.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/environment/british-gas-price-rise-owners-fracking-investment/?fbclid=IwAR1doP5LdNZYohfXijLOkshlnR_bvl_vzZe27b79OrX9K3biejWQ7hri_n0

Campaigners build 4m fracking rig outside Windsor offices

Anti fracking protesters attempted to shut down Centrica offices

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/campaigners-build-4m-fracking-rig-15871707?fbclid=IwAR1GIs9geWAd_VvhWBhGOau9ZhsOO8wlfpFulp9lZjiswtBkhriWHQjmVYU

Say NO to weaker earthquake rules for fracking

The fracking industry is calling on the Prime Minister to weaken the rules on earthquakes

Write to your MP today to oppose this proposal

At the moment, fracking must be halted if an earthquake occurs over 0.5 magnitude – something that has happened numerous times since drilling started again last year. The industry wants to raise this limit, allowing them to ignore bigger earthquakes and continue to frack.

We can’t allow the government to give in. Please write to your MP and ask them to urge the Prime Minister and the energy minister to dismiss these attempts to soften the regulations.

https://takeaction.cpre.org.uk/page/38605/action/1?en_chan=fb&fbclid=IwAR1oYqBVYI7cjPGhsDmx1HKen51EtA4Hf7jqd5zrA90ZmWX7A73LfMMcudA

Video and speeches from yesterdays actions

Reclaim The Power and Fuel Poverty Action have created a mock FRACKING RIG outside Centrica's offices in Windsor, to protest their massive subsidy of Cuadrilla's Fracking operations at Preston New Road!

I will return if you are for Fracking maybe you have come to the wrong place but your views are welcome.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Just popping off to China,i do look around but there is so much going on hard to put it all down.

Quakes Spark Mass Anti-Fracking Protest in China's Sichuan

Thousands of protesters tried to storm government offices in the southwestern Chinese province of Sichuan on Monday after a string of recent earthquakes that local residents blamed on fracking activities

Local officials had clamped down on any media reporting of the quakes or the protests.

"The media weren't allowed to interview anyone or to report it," she said.

"This is a huge operation that didn't start until it received approval from the central government [in Beijing]," she said.

"But it started causing earthquakes before it reached target output."

"Large-scale human activity, whether it be fracking, drilling for oil or coal-mining, must have a triggering effect," Tan said. "We need to research and experiment to determine how strong the link is, and reach a scientific conclusion."

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/quake-protest-02252019145609.html

Well i wrote to my local MP about possibilities of raising Earthquake limits here due to pressure being applied by the companies and their supporters.I used the link on the post here.

https://takeaction.cpre.org.uk/page/...WX7A73LfMMcudA

Also after having a encounter with a political party who were canvassing at my door a while ago.

After mentioning earthquakes,man made flaming Earthquakes caused by Cuadrilla.

They said

alleged
,which raised my blood pressure a touch.

Shortly afterwards they left sharpish,i cannot imagine why.

New technical director at Cuadrilla

The shale gas company, Cuadrilla, has confirmed that its technical director, Mark Lappin, is retiring from his full-time post next week.

Dr Sau-Wai Wong will take over on 11 March 2019, the company said in a statement .

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/24/new-technical-director-at-cuadrilla/

Calming down a touch now.

I will return,bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

MMM.I am not sure if the link worked for writing to your MP to ask that there will be no possibility of raising Earthquake limits rellated to Fracking,lets try again.

The fracking industry is calling on the Prime Minister to weaken the rules on earthquakes

At the moment, fracking must be halted if an earthquake occurs over 0.5 magnitude – something that has happened numerous times since drilling started again last year. The industry wants to raise this limit, allowing them to ignore bigger earthquakes and continue to frack.

https://takeaction.cpre.org.uk/page/38605/action/1?en_chan=fb&locale=en-GB&ea.tracking.id=facebook-cpre&en_ref=150438356

- - - Updated - - -

MMM.I am not sure if the link worked for writing to your MP to ask that there will be no possibility of raising Earthquake limits rellated to Fracking,lets try again.

https://takeaction.cpre.org.uk/page/38605/action/1?en_chan=fb&locale=en-GB&ea.tracking.id=facebook-cpre&en_ref=150438356

If some things are seen twice,what is meant to be is meant to be:sad:

Gone again.

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Hard usually to get footage from China.

But i will try to link a video from You Tube.Otherwise tap the bottom link into google and you will see the protest in Sichuan province's Rongxian county against fracking.

People were killed and buildings damaged.

Street protests over pollution and other environmental hazards are increasingly common in China, often organized over social media.

Anti-Fracking Protest in China | Radio Free Asia (RFA) You Tube

Good morning:yo:

Tawnyowl here,could not sleep so decided to scroll a few lines.:ranger:Onwards.

Cuadrilla’s fracking site released climate-changing methane into the atmosphere

Data from Cuadrilla’s fracking site near Blackpool has confirmed that the company vented the powerful greenhouse gas, methane, while it was testing the well last month.

According to monitoring by the British Geological Survey (BGS), methane concentrations at the Preston New Road site peaked several times at about 400% above typical levels.:painkiller:
DrillOrDrop twice asked Cuadrilla what volume of methane had been released into the atmosphere. The company has not replied.:mad2:
In the short-term, methane warms the planet by 86 times more than carbon dioxide, making it a potent greenhouse gas.

Cuadrilla confirmed in its statement this week that it had pumped nitrogen gas into the Preston New Road well to lift the shale gas and stimulate flow rates – known as a nitrogen lift.:noidea:
Much more on the link and interesting comments
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/01/cuadrillas-fracking-site-released-climate-changing-methane-into-the-atmosphere/

Drop support for fracking to protect climate, urge academics:rockon:

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/27/drop-support-for-fracking-to-protect-climate-urge-academics/

Events diary – March 2019 and beyond

Events in March 2019 and beyond about UK fracking, onshore oil and gas and campaigning

Court of Appeal hearing on Ineos protest injunctions
Continuing public inquiry into IGas plans for well testing at Ellesmere Port
Pro-democracy and anti-fracking rally
Regional strategy meeting for South Yorkshire and the East Midlands
Frack Free Ryedale fundraisers
Plus meetings, marches, rallies
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/01/events-diary-march-2019-and-beyond/

Update: Record-level earthquake in Newdigate, Surrey – calls for reopening of inquiry into links to oil industry

Residents said shaking of buildings and furniture woke them up.

The effects were reported from London to the south coast.

It has prompted a local campaign group to call for an investigation into the cause to be reopened and to look again at links with oil exploration at the Horse Hill wellsite near Horley.

The tremor, at 3.42am, was initially thought to be 3.6ML on the local magnitude scale but recorded first by the British Geological Survey at 3.0ML and later 3.1ML. The intensity – measured on a scale from 1-12 based on observed effects – was initially recorded at four and later increased to five.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/27/another-strongly-felt-earthquake-in-surrey/

Well man made Tremors, Earthquakes and the effect on buildings.

Many Victorian buildings in England that i am convinced do not take kindly to being shaken even slightly.
Can cause problems that you probably would not notice straight away or what to blame but sooner or later would be shelling out for repairs
From damp,water ingress through cavity insulation particularly the older kind.
Microscopic cracks through brickwork,round windows, round doors,stonework etc.
And as for older listed buildings in Lancashire,Nottinghamshire,Yorkshire wherever if the Frackers win the day and are Fracking here there and everywhere anything is possible,unfortunately.
It would be interesting to survey insulation companies,brickwork,damp specialists to see if there are spikes in areas after man made tremors in areas that have been affected for a couple of years afterwards.

But many firms i suppose could not say oh it was those tremors very difficult to prove.
Of course as i cannot find much info on the effects of slight tremors,shaking of buildings in England,guesswork a bit like what the Frackers are doing.With a little experience of working on older buildings in Lancashire.
Risky business where we live so close together.
And things happening and we have hardly started yet.
Best stop now perhaps.We will see,as said many times before money can get a lot of things underway.
But people power and communities can achieve a lot.When something is not  right it is usually or becomes clear to see. 
Power to the people,now where have i heard that before.Somewhere back in the mists of time it must have been because people do not seem to matter as much any more to the corporations and politicians and money men.
But of course it could be because i am getting older and just turning into a grumpy old git.:(

Off now to have a brew:tea: and try to get some sleep.Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

And have your say whatever your views are for,against or undecided.

Just because i am anti Fracking i understand others are not.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Campaigners bring test case against “chilling” protest injunctions

Some of the most extensive restrictions:ballchain: on anti-fracking protests are to be challenged at the Court of Appeal tomorrow morning (5 March 2019).

Three senior judges will begin considering cases brought by two campaigners against injunctions granted to Ineos :rant:Upstream, the country’s biggest shale gas licence holder.

The hearing is being seen as a test case over restrictions on protests.

Joe Corre and Joe Boyd first went to court in September 2017 to challenge the injunctions granted at a private hearing five weeks earlier.

Mr Justice Morgan dismissed their case at the commercial section of the High Court in November 2017. He also later refused their application to appeal.

But in May 2018, Lady Justice Asplin, allowed them to pursue their cases at the Court of Appeal.

Appeal grounds

Mr Boyd was successful on three of his six grounds for appeal:

• Human Rights Act aspects of the case
  • Injunction on protests against the supply chain
  • Use of the injunction against “persons unknown”

Lady Justice Asplin said: “there is a real prospect of success” on the three grounds.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/04/campaigners-bring-test-case-against-chilling-protest-injunctions/

Fracking the World: Despite Climate Risks, Fracking Is Going Global

The U.S. exported a record 3.6 million barrels per day of oil in February. This oil is the result of the American fracking boom — and as a report from Oil Change International recently noted — its continued growth is undermining global efforts to limit climate change. The Energy Information Administration predicts U.S. oil production will increase again in 2019 to record levels, largely driven by fracking in the Permian shale in Texas and New Mexico.

And the U.S. is not alone in trying to maximize oil and gas production. Despite the financial failures of the U.S. fracking industry, international efforts to duplicate the American fracking story are ramping up across the globe. 

https://www.desmogblog.com/2019/03/04/global-fracking-expansion-oil-gas-climate-risks

Edited by Tawnyowl

Ineos protest injunction unlawfully breaches human rights, appeal court told

The injunction against anti-fracking protests granted to Ineos is already breaching rights to freedom of speech, the court of appeal heard today.

A challenge, brought by fashion designer Joe Corre and campaigner Joe Boyd, argued that the injunction against actions at Ineos sites and premises was “wide-ranging, unclear, unfair and based on exaggeration and untested evidence”.
Heather Williams QC, barrister for Mr Boyd, said:

“It is having an impermissible and severe chilling effect on the right to free speech and to protest. It is an unlawful interference with those rights.”

Drill Or Drop report of the case.
Much more on the link.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/05/ineos-protest-injunction-unlawfully-breaches-human-rights-appeal-court-told/

Picture post: Westminster anti-fracking rally 5th March 2019

Anti–fracking campaigners from the East Midlands and South Yorkshire took their message to Westminster today.

A rally, organised by Bolsover Against Fracking, at Parliament Square heard from the town’s MP, Dennis Skinner and Labour’s energy spokesperson, Rebecca Long Bailey.

James Eaden, Chesterfield TUC

“Our struggle is for climate justice, it’s for defending our local communities. We act locally whether we are in Marsh Lane, whether we are in Misson, whether we are in any of the other local areas which are affected by climate catastrophe. We campaign nationally to persuade the politicians here that we don’t want any fracking in our communities.

David Kesteven, chair Eckington against Fracking

“What’s happening at Marsh Lane with Ineos, the biggest bruisers on the park.”

“The Tory council are on our side and they are fighting it. Ineos have got to get these conditions, they’ve got to get a traffic plan and a noise plan past the committee which are against them. They’ve done absolutely nothing.
“He is not going to go onto Marsh Lane”

Dennis May, campaigner from Nottinghamshire

“We are going to put Greg Clark and James Brokenshire on notice that we are fed up with having our intelligence and our integrity insulted with a constant stream of imbecilic and patronising crap coming from the likes of Jim Radcliffe, coming from the likes of Natascha Engel and Francis Egan at Cuadrilla.

Rebecca Long-Bailey, Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

“Let me be clear. Labour will ban fracking.

We don’t agree that local democracy should be overturned and the local authority’s vote against fracking sites in their area as the voice of the people should be ignored.

Eddie Thornton, campaigner, Yorkshire-T
He of the first lock on at PNR if i remember correctly.Nothing like seeing the Yorkshire folk walking down to the Cuadrilla Site a day i will not forget.So what did Eddie say.

“Our government calls me a domestic extremist. I’ve been arrested eight times, and I’ve had my phone confiscated for nine months. I’ve been told I’m on a watch list with Al-Qaeeda and the National Front.

“I’m not part of a violent or banned organisation. I’ve never threatened anyone any harm.   My only crime is that I dared to make a stand with my community against the government’s plans to force fracking upon us [at Kirby Misperton].

“Their heavy-handed response to our peaceful movement shows me just how strong we are when we are united and how much they fear that power.”

Much more on the link.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/05/picture-post-westminster-anti-fracking-rally/

News updates Day 11: IGas Ellesmere Port inquiry
This post has news updates from the eleventh day of the inquiry into IGas plans to test its well at Ellesmere Port in Cheshire.

robert-griffiths-150x150Cheshire West and Chester Council’s barrister, Robert Griffiths QC (left) made his closing statement at today’s session. IGas is expected to make its closing statement tomorrow (6 March 2019). You can catch up on news from other sessions of the inquiry here.
https://drillordrop.com/ellesmere-port-inquiry-january-2019/

News updates Day 11: IGas Ellesmere Port inquiry
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/05/news-updates-day-11-igas-ellesmere-port-inquiry/

That is it for myself for today,enjoy whatever you are up to today.
I am busy making two Driftwood Herons,Henry and Hendrietta and a Driftwood Snake called Slithering Jim.
In between  decorating the hall landing and stairs.
Great working from home but so many interuptions. I knew you all wanted to know what i was up to.
Be careful out there the likes of Ineos,the plastic production kings are trying to break free and roam unchallenged throughout England.
Up the protectors and communities of England see these infiltrators off Englands green and pleasant lands.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Good morninggggg:yo:whats going down,lets check it out.

Fracking: Government guidance 'unlawful' rules High Court :(

Ministers have been advising councils that gas from fracking in their area would help combat climate change.

But a judge found that the government had failed to consider the latest evidence.

Justice Dove ruled that "material from Talk Fracking, and in particular their scientific evidence as described in their consultation response, was never in fact considered relevant or taken into account" when formulating the revised policy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47472732

Campaigners win court challenge over government support for fracking :cheer2:

The campaign group, Talk Fracking, has won its challenge against government support in planning policy for fracking.

A High Court judge, Mr Justice Dove, allowed a judicial review in a case over the climate impacts of shale gas developments.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/06/breaking-campaigners-win-court-challenge-over-government-support-for-fracking/

Key elements of the government’s policy on fracking have been declared unlawful by the High Court.

Ministers had failed to consider the latest evidence concerning the technique’s “low carbon” credentials, campaign group Talk Fracking argued.  

The judge agreed the climate impact of shale gas extraction had been overlooked and described

government policy as “flawed in its design and processes”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fracking-policy-high-court-ruling-government-unlawful-housing-energy-a8810101.html

Judgement reserved in challenge to Ineos fracking protest injunction

Three law lords have reserved their decision in an appeal against the protest injunction granted to the fracking company, Ineos.

Lord Justice Andrew Longmore described the challenge brought by two anti-fracking campaigners as “not an entirely easy case”. He said a written judgement would be handed down but gave no indication of when this would be.

The one-and-a-half day case at the Royal Courts of Justice in London this week had hear from legal teams for the fashion designer, Joe Corre, and campaigner, Joe Boyd.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/03/06/judgement-reserved-in-challenge-to-ineos-fracking-protest-injunction/

Cuadrilla’s air monitoring equipment malfunctioned during fracking methane surge:flame::flame::fear::painkiller:

On the day it released a significant amount of the powerful greenhouse gas methane into the atmosphere, UK fracking firm Cuadrilla’s air monitoring equipment suddenly stopped working.
https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/06/cuadrilla-fracking-methane-monitoring/

Think many are seeing what these  Fracking Companies are like:spider:

And their powerful friends who are slipping away slowly.

But so much money will be lost by many,just the way it goes.

Gone for now.

Tawnyowl

Edited by Tawnyowl

• 4 weeks later...

Latest news from Drill Or Drop.

Confidential records reveal limitations of Cuadrilla’s Lancashire fracking operation

Two-thirds of the UK’s first horizontal shale gas well was not fracked during a nine-week operation last autumn, according to reports that the company, Cuadrilla, tried to keep secret.

The documents reveal that the Preston New Road site near Blackpool experienced mechanical problems and lost equipment.

They show that quantities of frack fluid used in the operation were too low to qualify for the legal definition of associated hydraulic fracturing. They also confirm for the first time that a majority of earth tremors around the site were on days when fracking was carried out.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/01/confidential-records-reveal-limitations-of-cuadrillas-lancashire-fracking-operation/

Fracking earthquake rules should be extended to other onshore oil and gas operations, MPs told

The risk of earthquakes from well operations such as acidisation, water reinjection and pressure release should be controlled in the same way as fracking, a parliamentary meeting heard today.

MPs and peers were hearing evidence on whether the rules on fracking-induced seismic activity should be changed. The industry has been calling for a relaxation of the traffic light system after Cuadrilla’s Lancashire fracking operation induced more than 50 earth tremors last autumn.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/02/fracking-earthquake-rules-should-be-extended-to-other-onshore-oil-and-gas-operations-mps-told/

Picture post: Arrests over “fossil fools” day protest at IGas Misson site

Two anti-fracking campaigners locked themselves together outside the IGas site at Springs Road in north Nottinghamshire.

They said the action was designed to disrupt operations at the shale gas site, near the village of Misson, where horizontal drilling is expected to start soon.

The protest is part of a “Fossil Fools” street party, organised by the campaign group FrAcktion, to mark April Fools day.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/01/picture-post-arrests-over-fossil-fools-day-protest-at-igas-misson-site/

April 2019 drilling headlines

Events diary - April 2019 and beyond
Seminar on next steps for unconventional oil and gas in the UK
Ruling in appeal against Ineos injunction
Parliamentary meeting on seismicity regulations
UKOG and Union Jack annual general meetings
Fossil fools day street party
Groundswell climate change event
Fundraisers
Campaign planning
https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/01/events-diary-april-2019-and-beyond/

Other news from here and there.

Jim Ratcliffe: calls for fossil fuel sponsorship ban as petrochemical billionaire adopts cycling’s Team Sky The richest Briton is sinking millions into sporting ventures bearing the name of his Ineos conglomerate

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, founder of British petrochemicals conglomerate Ineos, will rebrand cycling giant Team Sky as Team Ineos following multi-million pound deal Environmentalists have accused the company of 'greenwashing' to distract attention from its investments in fracking and plastic production The billionaire has recently acquired a public profile after building a £21bn personal fortune from his privately-owned business

Read more at: 

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/jim-ratcliffe-team-sky-ineos-greenwashing/

Fracking ban under consideration in Labour plans for bill

Labour is hoping to amend new climate change legislation at the Scottish Parliament.
Labour plans to amend new climate change legislation at the Scottish Parliament, including looking at writing in a fracking ban.

The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill will face its first parliamentary hurdle at a Stage 1 debate at Holyrood on Tuesday.

The Bill would update laws to increase the greenhouse gas reduction target from the current 80% to 90% by 2050.
https://stv.tv/news/politics/1436684-fracking-ban-under-consideration-in-labour-plans-for-bill/

Edited by Tawnyowl

Anti-fracking campaigners win appeal against Ineos protest injunction

Anti-fracking campaigns have won a legal challenge to an injunction granted to the shale gas company, Ineos Upstream.

Three law lords granted an appeal brought by Joe Corre and Joe Boyd.

In a reserved judgement, Lord Justice Longmore, Lord Justice David Richards and Lord Justice Leggatt ruled that sections of the injunction, first granted in July 2017, were unlawful.

The case could have implications for similar, injunctions granted to four more oil and gas companies.

The original injunction prevented “persons unknown” from trespassing on or obstructing access to eight shale gas sites and company offices. It also prohibits people from combining together to commit unlawful acts “with the intention of damaging” Ineos or any other companies in its supply chain.

Today, the court of appeal struck out the sections applying to protests on the public highway, including slow walking protests, climbing on to vehicles and blocking the road. It also removed the section on protests against the supply chain.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/03/breaking-anti-fracking-campaigners-win-appeal-against-ineos-protest-injunction/

Edited by Tawnyowl

• 4 weeks later...

Well the government minister for fracking just quit

Apparently she didn't agree with the earthquake rules

Tough rules are rules 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Did they have a specific minister for Fracking ?

The way things are going, we will have a new lot in Government soon.

I think the other parties at Westminster are either totally against fracking or are more cautious saying that there are serious concerns about safety.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi labrat and unclebulgaria67.

Just following on from your posts.Drill or Drop interesting article.

The shale gas commissioner, Natascha Engel has resigned after just over six months, she has told a national newspaper.

Ms Engel, a former Labour MP, opposed fracking when Ineos first announced it was planning to explore for shale gas in her North East Derbyshire constituency.

Natascha Engel office

Natascha Engel’s constituency office. Photo: DrillOrDrop

But after a visit, hosted by Ineos, to fracking operations in Pennsylvania, she changed her mind.

She later lost her parliamentary seat and was commissioned by Ineos to write a leaflet, as yet unpublished, about shale gas.

She was appointed as the UK’s first shale gas commissioner on 1 October 2018 and was due to have a half-yearly review last month.

DrillOrDrop asked Ms Engel last night why she was leaving and for a copy of her resignation letter. She has not responded.

DrillOrDrop has been seeking an interview with Ms Engel about her role since 11 October 2018.

We have made nine separate requests and provided almost 40 possible dates for an interview. But Ms Engel has never responded, despite telling us informally that she wanted to do an interview.

We know from a response to an FOI request to BEIS, that she was one of 18 applicants for the post, four of whom were interviewed and two deemed suitable.

She was appointed for a two-year-term and paid at rate of £500 per day for a total of 96 days per year. This was to be open to review.

Much more on the link.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/28/shale-gas-commissioner-resigns/

More than a third of local election candidates standing next week in an area where Ineos wants to explore for shale gas have signed a “frack free pledge”.

55 would-be councillors in North East Derbyshire have said they will actively oppose fracking in their area.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/26/third-of-election-candidates-in-ineos-shale-gas-area-sign-frack-free-pledge/

Lancashire fracking site looks like an “abandoned ghost town”, says campaign group

Anti-fracking campaigners have accused Cuadrilla of leaving local people “in the dark” as more equipment was removed off the company’s Preston New Road site this week.

Frack Free Lancashire described drone images taken yesterday of the site near Blackpool as “more like an abandoned ghost town” than a “flagship fracking site”.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/25/lancashire-fracking-site-looks-like-an-abandoned-ghost-town-says-campaign-group/

mmm, Could be interesting,i will watch this closely.

As Ineos prepares to launch its sponsorship of Britain’s leading cycling team at next week’s Tour de Yorkshire, an opponent of the company’s fracking plans reports on his own ride through the region’s shale gas licences.

Amateur cyclist Stuart Leach, who lives in Ryedale, visited 284 towns and villages in North Yorkshire to tell people about proposals to frack for gas.

In this guest post, he explains why he did it and what he learned from his 785-mile journey.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/04/27/guest-post-pedalling-the-pedls/

Just popping over to America.Just a couple of articles to mix things a little.

Have you ever googled asking what President Trump has said about Global Warming,Climate Change over the years,his Quotes,go on feel free.

Back to 2013.

Over the past decade, the oil and gas industry has fused two technologies—hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling—in a highly polluting effort to unlock oil and gas in underground rock formations across the United States.

https://environmentamerica.org/reports/ame/fracking-numbers

Trump plans to allow fracking near California's national parks

The Trump administration has issued a plan to open more than a million acres in California to fracking, including areas close to Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia national parks.

The government report states that additional fracking wells might require 80m gallons of water a year, even though some residents in the area face drinking water shortages

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-plans-allow-fracking-near-190725934.html

The way things are happening makes you think there is something of the night about it all.

Why would countries unless skint members put communities at risk,no matter how small they say the risk is.

I can only say what i have seen,communities,people on edge,stressed and distressed,losing sleep being thrown about from the ones with orders to follow.But who is the one at the top giving these orders,i would scroll a letter asking why

Great Britain where we live so close together and its communities being put through this.

Desperation from companies and powerful influential supporters with money to lose can lead to many things.

But usually come tumbling down sooner or later.We will see,power to the people.

I am gone,have your say as i do,ramble on.

Last thing ,over the years how many companies have you seen arrive in Great Britain or here already start throwing money around in local communities,sponsoring everything from football to putting a new roof on the village hall.Some do it small time,some big time,really big time.And after a time people have seen right through their desperation for local and national  respectability and finally booted or chased them out with their tails between their legs.And made to pay for their mistakes by the chasing posse.We surely do not want mistakes from these Fracking companies. Environmental cock-ups not financial messups are in two different leagues.

One is the Earth we live on,water,air,oceans,streams,rivers,peoples health.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,i am gone

Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been around lately so a little late with the news of a few things that have been happening.
Trying to catch up a touch now.

Updated picture post: Protests against Team Ineos at Tour de Yorkshire

from Drill Or Drop.
Showing the different stages.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/05/02/picture-post-protests-against-team-ineos-at-tour-de-yorkshire/

Jim Ratcliffe, Ineos and the empire of trash

Brian Davey explores the decision of Ineos, one of the world’s largest chemical companies, to promote fracking. The Ineos majority shareholder, Jim Ratcliffe, claims fracking could regenerate northern Britain despite evidence that the strategy is
“a mirage that would lead to a mountain of debt and a mountain of garbage”.
http://www.feasta.org/2016/06/11/jim-ratcliffe-ineos-and-the-empire-of-trash/

INEOS threatens to close UK plant unless it can dodge EU pollution rules

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/23/ineos-chemicals-environment-pollution-eu-lobbying/

'We are hammering the last nail in the coffin of the fracking industry'

Direct action has spooked the government, shackled the shale gas companies and raised public awareness. Are protesters winning the fight against the frackers?
It was always a poisoned chalice, mediating between multinational fracking firms and the local communities dead set against the extreme form of energy extraction in their backyards. Nonetheless, it still shocked many when the government’s “shale
commissioner”, the former Labour MP Natascha Engel, resigned at the end of last month after barely six months in the job.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/08/we-are-hammering-the-last-nail-in-the-coffin-of-the-fracking-industry?
fbclid=IwAR31jMWmZMYdk8P9qV1egJtsewbaRhcYM-q-maCimsdyFG7GR4BUyqlIQrI

INEOS is about fracking, plastics & pollution of our climate and oceans - not about
the ethical & environmental standards of the World Sailing Association
Open Letter to World Sailing President, Mr Kim Andersen

Many interesting links on the letter.
https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/INEOS-is-about-Fracking-Open-Letter.pdf

Well it is not hard to slate the plastic production kings Ineos is it,but what do they say about it.
Plans must have been made,massive plans for Fracking,Plastic production,chemical plants etc you would think.
Populations are growing,plastic is needed everywhere.Money to be made and lots of it.
Plastic production and Fracking are linked so closely,it has to go ahead for Ineos.The masterplan must have been made and underway for years.Could it all go pearshaped.

The future of the fossil fuel industry depends on plastics, and in the U.S., the recent rise in cheap shale gas from fracking is driving the plastics boom. Since 2010, over $180 billion has been invested into new plastics production plants that convert natural gas into ethylene, which is used to make many plastics. This means that the fossil fuel industry,responsible for pipelines that fuel climate change, is also responsible for the plastics crisis. When water protectors and activists resist pipelines across North America, organize for divestment from fossil fuels, campaign for renewable energy and urgent climate action, they are also actively addressing the plastics crisis at the root.

The Fossil Fuel Industry Is Worsening the Global Plastics Crisis

Plastic Planet is a series on the global plastics crisis that evaluates the environmental and human costs and considers possible solutions to this devastating man-made problem.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/fossil-fuel-industry-is-worsening-the-global-plastics-crisis

100s of millions if not billions at stake.
So rev up the public image by sponsoring massively,spend money like never before.
Like no other company has done before.do you see through it all or expect a businessman to throw a few hundred million about for a few bikes and a boat for fun.After all the company has made a few bob lately.A lot at stake.
But Climate Change,Global Warming thoughts have arrived in everyone's minds or most peoples.
Fracking Protectors,whole communities,school children,Scientists,Politicians many of them,Extinction Rebellion groups like that whose voice is growing across the world saying enough it has to stop.
Future generations do not want Oceans of plastic pollution the Earth choking to death.
So what do they,companies like Ineos say or have said.Whatever they have said time is running out,no time to make a few more billion those times have surely gone,or have they,we will see.

Ineos have signed a 15 year deal with Range Resources to supply fracked shale gas.

http://www.ineos.com/news/shared-
news/ineos-europe-ag-announces-a-new-agreement-to-source-ethane-from-the-usa/

Range Resources have been accused of causing a number of environmental incidents, see a long list
http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/tag/range-resources/

Could you live a low carbon life? Meet the people who already are.

Some want a clear conscience. Others want to see if they are up to the challenge. But none of them want to wait until 2050 to cut their carbon emissions down to near-zero.

Across the country, environmentalists of all ages – from seven to 75 – are taking action now to lead low-carbon lives.

Last week, the government’s official advisory body, the Committee on Climate Change, recommended that the UK set a legally binding target to cut greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2050.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/04/carbon-cutting-zero-emissions-eco-warriors-damaged-world?
fbclid=IwAR2V7JTIS_0PNjqOaHlquJaleGIh4C8qLFtQ_ND1vz0gurBX9oAd0zt9GYQ

Ireland.

Fracking: Tamboran in new licence bid in Fermanagh

A spokesperson for a local anti-fracking group said the community would unite against its potential return.

Tamboran last attempted to carry out test drilling in 2014, but faced community and political opposition.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48191165

Fracking bid for Fermanagh renewed as consultation begins
The Department of Economy has announced that it has received an application for a Petroleum Licence covering a large area to the west of Upper Lough Erne and south of Lower Lough Erne.
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/17622553.fracking-bid-for-fermanagh-renewed-as-consultation-begins/?ref=twtrec

America.
Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@BernieSanders
 24h24 hours ago
More
Fracking is a danger to our water supply. It’s a danger to the air we breathe. It causes earthquakes. It’s highly explosive.
And it’s contributing to climate change. We need to ban it nationwide.
Video.

Oh well it seems i have got a little roused and have let loose again,i do apologise.
I do not like what i have witnessed and seen over the last few years,it sure has affected me.I doubt if i will ever be the same again.But i sure have met some interesting people i will never forget.
Including plastic and pollution and many other things.Surely change is coming,i hope and fast.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Not sure I could be carbon neutral yet but I'm getting there... 

Electric car, solar panels, already 

Looked at ground source heating but we don't have the sq footage needed

Looking into either having a battery put on (doubtful car would drain it in seconds) or to have a two way charger put in which would be better (especially as I can charge free at work then use the car to run the house) 

Apart from that our main carbon usage is the gas boiler - looking at switching to a wood burner which might sound bad carbon wise but as the solar would heat the water tank during most of the months 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Long time no hear Tawney any updates? 

Please note:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi labrat.

I will be posting later in the week.Catching up with things.

A few things i am thinking about.

The amount of money being spent on Cracker Plants.

ETHANE CRACKER PLANTS: WHAT ARE THEY?

https://www.climaterealityproject.org/blog/ethane-cracker-plants-what-are-they

INEOS, Europe’s largest petrochemicals company, announces Antwerp as the location for its new ground breaking 3 billion Euro petrochemical investment.

https://www.ineos.com/news/ineos-group/ineos-announces-antwerp-as-the-location-for-new-petrochemical-investment/

The Oil & Gas Industry Want to Create New Demand For Plastics

As the fracking boom matures, the oil and gas industry is seeking new ways to monetize U.S. shale production. The oil and gas industry no longer pretends that drilling and fracking are about energy independence. New natural gas (liquified natural gas or LNG, not to be confused with NGL) export facilities have come online and more are planned. And now new ethane crackers and petrochemical manufacturing are planned to take advantage of ethane from U.S. fracking. The Center for International Environmental Law have been reports on plans to build or expand 264 petrochemical plants and increase U.S. plastics production by 1/3.

https://earthworks.org/issues/fracking-for-plastic/

What else have i been thinking of.Because i seem to be getting obsessed with plastics lately.

And i am guilty myself,plastic is everywhere. although trying to find alternatives when selling items.But still using it but looking for alternatives.

Yesterday as my job involves scouring beaches looking for things to make something out of.

Pretty moving scene yesterday.

80 People at least in front of me yesterday on a local beach stretching out into the distance,school children,volunteers,all ages spending minutes,hours whatever they could manage picking up plastics.

Digging deep into the seaweed by the tideline picking all sorts of things

As i was well behind they had completely cleaned a whole beach of the plastic.

But the next tide will bring more and they know it will.But they will be back.

And then there is the micro plastic problem.

And plastic production looks like it is going to increase massively.

I could say more as i see more but will leave that for now.

What else has been bothering me.

Ever since tobyjugg2 wrote a few pages back wondering what happens about Fracking after Brexit or words similar to that i have wondered.I could not answer as i do not know.

But something is driving these Frackers on.Someone must be saying something to them.

Promising things.

As i have said i am a little behind the latest,though i know there have been lock ons,all sorts of things happening.

Drill or Drop is great at checking out what is happening i will leave a link.

I have a strange feeling i will be putting many more links and videos and stories as the summer wears on.I hope i am wrong.

Leave you with this while i catch up over the next few days.

Lancashire fracking tremors could reach 3.1 magnitude – but very unlikely, says Cuadrilla

https://drillordrop.com/2019/06/17/lancashire-fracking-tremors-could-reach-3-1-magnitude-but-very-unlikely-says-cuadrilla/?fbclid=IwAR3Ceze4KcoENFaFCFAu4tC9NEEkb6dNYKNXWWEoa9_F5zOZPQqVUYxEKdc

Finally live at the moment the Ladies In White for the hundred and lost count times walk The Road To Hell to the Gates that lead To The Well To Hell.Cuadrilla Site Lancashire.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk/videos/vb.885330257/10161990811075258/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

I will be back.

Hi labrat.

I will be posting later in the week.Catching up with things.

A few things i am thinking about.

The amount of money being spent on Cracker Plants.

ETHANE CRACKER PLANTS: WHAT ARE THEY?

https://www.climaterealityproject.org/blog/ethane-cracker-plants-what-are-they

INEOS, Europe’s largest petrochemicals company, announces Antwerp as the location for its new ground breaking 3 billion Euro petrochemical investment.

https://www.ineos.com/news/ineos-group/ineos-announces-antwerp-as-the-location-for-new-petrochemical-investment/

The Oil & Gas Industry Want to Create New Demand For Plastics

As the fracking boom matures, the oil and gas industry is seeking new ways to monetize U.S. shale production. The oil and gas industry no longer pretends that drilling and fracking are about energy independence. New natural gas (liquified natural gas or LNG, not to be confused with NGL) export facilities have come online and more are planned. And now new ethane crackers and petrochemical manufacturing are planned to take advantage of ethane from U.S. fracking. The Center for International Environmental Law have been reports on plans to build or expand 264 petrochemical plants and increase U.S. plastics production by 1/3.

https://earthworks.org/issues/fracking-for-plastic/

What else have i been thinking of.Because i seem to be getting obsessed with plastics lately.

And i am guilty myself,plastic is everywhere. although trying to find alternatives when selling items.But still using it but looking for alternatives.

Yesterday as my job involves scouring beaches looking for things to make something out of.

Pretty moving scene yesterday.

80 People at least in front of me yesterday on a local beach stretching out into the distance,school children,volunteers,all ages spending minutes,hours whatever they could manage picking up plastics.

As i was well behind they had completely cleaned a whole beach of the plastic.

But the next tide will bring more and they know it will.But they will be back.

And then there is the micro plastic problem.

I could say more as i see more but will leave that for now.

What else has been bothering me.

Ever since tobyjugg2 wrote a few pages back wondering what happens about Fracking after Brexit or words similar to that i have wondered.I could not answer as i do not know.

But something is driving these Frackers on.Someone must be saying something to them.

Promising things.

As i have said i am a little behind the latest,though i know there have been lock ons,all sorts of things happening.

Drill or Drop is great at checking out what is happening i will leave a link.

I have a strange feeling i will be putting many more links and videos and stories as the summer wears on.I hope i am wrong.

Leave you with this while i catch up over the next few days.

Lancashire fracking tremors could reach 3.1 magnitude – but very unlikely, says Cuadrilla

https://drillordrop.com/2019/06/17/lancashire-fracking-tremors-could-reach-3-1-magnitude-but-very-unlikely-says-cuadrilla/?fbclid=IwAR3Ceze4KcoENFaFCFAu4tC9NEEkb6dNYKNXWWEoa9_F5zOZPQqVUYxEKdc

Finally live at the moment the Ladies In White for the hundred and lost count times walk The Road To Hell to the Gates that lead To The Well To Hell.Cuadrilla Site Lancashire.

https://www.facebook.com/tinalouiseuk/videos/vb.885330257/10161990811075258/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

Edited by Tawnyowl

Live

Extinction Rebellion France and UK meet for joint action at Cannes Lions festival to demand the advertising industry tell the truth about the Climate and Ecological Emergency and act as though that truth is real.

Live at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire.The ladies in white arrive after their Call For Calm march

Standing in silence at the Fracking Site.Before speeches and perhaps a little singing.

Edited by Tawnyowl

• 4 weeks later...

Seconds out-round two begins.

PNR Convoy 16-07-19-Cuadrilla Fracking Site-Lancashire.Early morning-4-45am.

Early morning return of Cuadrilla’s fracking equipment prompts local complaints
A convoy of 26 vehicles delivered fracking equipment to Cuadrilla’s shale gas site near Blackpool at about 4.45am today. 

The company said it opted for an early morning delivery to “minimise disruption for everyone using Preston New Road”.

Cuadrilla said last week it intended to frack the second well at the Preston New Road site by the end of August 2019.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/07/16/return-of-cuadrillas-fracking-equipment-prompts-local-complaints/

Community group challenges Cuadrilla’s view of geology at fracking site
People living near Cuadrilla’s Lancashire fracking site have said there are “serious and fundamental errors” in the company’s interpretation of local geology.

Preston New Road Action Group, which opposes operations at the site near Blackpool, has sent a lawyer’s letter to the Environment Agency (EA) about its concerns.

The EA is currently considering Cuadrilla’s hydraulic fracturing plan for the second well at Preston New Road, PNR-2. Cuadrilla said last week it expected to begin fracking this well by the end of August.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/07/14/community-group-challenges-cuadrillas-view-of-geology-at-fracking-site/

Villagers oppose Ineos plans for road closures around Harthill shale gas site
https://drillordrop.com/2019/07/12/villagers-oppose-ineos-plans-for-road-closures-around-harthill-shale-gas-site/

More soon as things seem to be heating up once again.
Does anyone know the latest views of Boris Johnson and Fracking ,has anyone mentioned it in the last month or so.
These companies surely just do not keep throwing money around like this unless the nod is coming from high up in the corridors of power.Or do they just gamble away.
So lots to look forward to,mess,earthquakes,disruption through country roads,massive amounts of police time,and costs associated.No one knows what happens to the chemicals that are sent down there for all time,the possibilities yet the companies can do whatever they like,something of the night about it all.
And possibilities of the disruption spreading.
You only have to look around check out the mass increase in Earthquakes in America to make you wonder a few things.

Water monitoring at Cuadrilla’s fracking site missed key chemicals – regulator
The Environment Agency has ordered urgent action after monitoring at Cuadrilla’s Lancashire fracking site earlier this year missed results for key chemicals.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/07/09/water-monitoring-at-cuadrillas-fracking-site-missed-key-chemicals-regulator/comment-page-1/

Cuadrilla breached permit over venting unburned methane at Lancashire frack site
https://drillordrop.com/2019/05/21/cuadrilla-breached-permit-over-venting-unburned-methane-at-lancashire-frack-site/

Plenty more info back in this thread showing Cuadrillas dismal record.
Yet onwards they go.

Lets follow and see what happens.Strange times.
Bye for now.
Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

• 1 month later...

Good morning old Tawnyowl popping in just been trying to learn a little about microplastics and nanoplastics as we seem to be all having this forced unwelcome addition to our diet,roughly a credit cards worth a year.

Just a few articles then on to Fracking and some latest developments.

Billions of poisonous plastic pellets flooding into our rivers and seas every year

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/billions-poisonous-plastic-pellets-flooding-16543607

Plastics are hurting the planet in another unexpected way

Production of the stuff is on pace to become more damaging than 600 coal-fired power plants.
https://www.popsci.com/plastics-are-sealing-planets-fate/

Tiny pieces of plastic found in Arctic snow
The discovery suggests that microplastics are being carried around the planet in atmospheric winds, and that we’re breathing them in.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/08/microplastics-found-in-arctic-snow/

Here’s What to Know About Microplastics and Your Health

Degrading plastics turn into “microplastics.”

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-dangerous-are-microplastics-to-your-health

And then there are nanoplastics another delightful addition to our diet.
I cannot find  much on effects on this unavoidable addition to humans.It is probably out there or will be soon.
It seems like we are all enjoying inhaling or eating roughly a credit cards worth of plastic a year.
And as the plans by the fossill fuel giants are already made for huge increases and the likes of Ineos and their Cracker Plants and the hunger by the world for plastics where will it end.
Well we know where some ends up.
Enough of plastics,trying to get a grip on it all is not easy.

Back to the Frackers and what is happening around and about

Sites: What’s happening where?-From Drill Or Drop.
Summary of recent activity and expected operations at key sites, including applications, decisions, company plans and licence changes. 

https://drillordrop.com/sites/

Government's shift to relax shale gas fracking safeguards condemned

Environment groups fear possibly ‘weakened’ earthquake risk rules after report on Cuadrilla drilling
Environmental groups have voiced fears that the government is preparing to row back on fracking regulations after officials said they were considering reviewing earthquake safeguard rules.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/15/governments-shift-to-relax-shale-gas-fracking-safeguards-condemned

Some recent events leading up to the latest effort by Cuadrilla to Frack in Lancashire.
Round two is now underway.Complete with Tremor tracker.

Labour leader joins Lancashire campaigners to demand ban on fracking

Jeremy Corbyn met campaigners outside Cuadrilla’s shale gas site near Blackpool this afternoon and repeated his call on the government to ban fracking.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/07/30/labour-leader-joins-lancashire-campaigners-to-demand-ban-on-fracking/

Cuadrilla fails to fix well problem at Preston New Road fracking site

Cuadrilla has confirmed it has not solved an ongoing mechanical problem with part of the fracked well at its shale gas site near Blackpool.

The company told DrillOrDrop other options would be tried before the well was fracked again.

But local opponents of the Cuadrilla’s operations at Preston new Road said the well was no longer fit for purpose and they had little confidence in the company’s technical ability.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/08/10/cuadrilla-fails-to-fix-well-problem-at-preston-new-road-fracking-site/

Fracking resumes at Preston New Road

Cuadrilla confirmed this morning it has resumed hydraulic fracturing at its Preston New Road shale gas site near Blackpool.

The company appears to have been scooped to the news by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). It posted an online press statement at 10.47am. This restated the government’s position on shale gas exploration “as Cuadrilla resumed hydraulic fracturing (fracking) operations at its site in Preston New Road, Lancashire”.

Cuadrilla informed members of the Preston New Road community liaison group at 11.27am and published a press release at 11.42am. At the time of writing, DrillOrDrop understands that people living near the site had not been informed.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/08/15/fracking-resumes-at-preston-new-road/

PNR tremor tracker 2019

This post tracks earth tremors induced by the second phase of fracking at Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road shale gas site in Lancashire.

Fracking of the site’s second horizontal well, PNR2, began on 15 August 2019 and was marked by one micro-seismic event. There were 11 more on the second day. All were well below the threshold for pausing fracking under the traffic light system regulations. Cuadrilla says the operation is due to end in November 2019.
https://drillordrop.com/2019/08/16/pnr-tremor-tracker-2019/

With the money being spent and plans being made and a certain political party looking like they are raring to fire up the Frackers it looks like they are going to take some stopping.What could stop the plans being made,do you know.Or are you all for the Frackers. For or against have your say.
Bye for now.
Tawnyowl.

Edited by Tawnyowl

With the political parties the way they are the only thing likely to stop fracking would be a couple of homemade cruise missiles being flown into the drillhead

(this comment intended as satire, please do not use this statement as any real suggestion) 

Please note:

And another tremor

1.55 on the richter scale according to culdrilla

1.6 according to one of the monitors 

Culdrillas statement is that its only as bad as dropping a bag of shopping 

Fortunately I have a picture of Culdrillas shopping being delivered so I can believe that

2_Town-Of-Whaley-Bridge-Evacuated-After-

Please note:

And now a 2.1 Richter tremor. This article says that at 2.3 another tremor caused the ceasing of fracking for seven years in the UK. I guess micr-temors are relative depending on whether you're Joe Public or Cuadrilla.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/25/uk-fracking-site-near-blackpool-reports-largest-tremor-yet

Illegitimi non carborundum