Fracking gets go-ahead in UK for first time since 2011 as North Yorkshire council approves plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what depth so you think aqufers and wells are at?

Care to tell us why that is in any way relevant?

.. given its completely utterly and totally unknown where, how far up, down, around or how far afield the earth is fractured under the pressure of the fracking fluids

... particularly as fracturing is of course intended to fracture the earth and keep fracturing it as far and wide as possible to continue to extract more oils and gases, and will of course extract associated heavy metals etc - from as far and wide an area as they possible can.

These fractures of course will follow any paths of least resistance they may come across, wherever they may lead, up down or far afield, which no geologist can predict with any accuracy whatsoever.

Quite unlike geothermal where continuous new fractures are not intended.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

While we wait ... Some good cheer

[h=1]UK rejects case for relaxation of fracking regulations[/h]

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-fracking/uk-rejects-case-for-relaxation-of-fracking-regulations-ft-idUKKCN1P70S6

"Cuadrilla CEO Francis Egan said in October that the regulatory system risked “strangling” Britain’s fracking industry “before birth”, the FT reported."

"Perry’s letter declared that the current system is “fit for purpose” and the government has “no intention of altering it”."

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I have a few thoughts on this.

Oil wells at sea are drilling down to a cavity that contains oil. The wells are lined to prevent spillage and capped off when that field has run dry. The difference between the lining of oil wells and fracking are this. Oil wells generally drill in one direction meaning that the lining can be continuous from well to oil. Fracking goes around corners. I have not heard of anything that states that once the vertical drilling is complete and lined, the horizontal drilling should be lined. This cannot happen anyway as it is the horizontal drilling that is engaged with the fracturing of the rock. It is in this area that there is potential for contamination.

Quadrilla have been silent on some of the ingredients used in the process and to be fair, the amounts they do disclose are tiny in comparison however these chemicals are there to help keep the cracks open ensuring a good gas flow.

Water is very similar to electricity. It will always take the easiest route to escape. Assuming there are aquifers above the fracking site and the fracking creates cracks going upwards, water will follow that (and other) routes. The only reason aquifers exist is that there is nowhere for all of the rain/ run off water to go which means it can be pumped to the surface.

As for studies, only totally impartial studies should be completed. You will see many studies from both sides of the debate stating things that are beneficial to them and either wording studies to get those 'facts' out or even by omitting them altogether.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

reports of trucks and equipment being moved from the site

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/business/energy-environment/fracking-britain-cuadrilla-resources.html

"With fracking halted, trucks have been taking pumps and other heavy fracking gear off the site, leading to local speculation that Cuadrilla might be throwing in the towel, something that the company denies."

The Tory Legacy

Very interesting find there TJ. It will need a bit more confirmation from the protesters to see what they think. Maybe the Facebook groups will have more info.

As an aside, any idea what has happened with Tawnyowl. I haven't seen him lately.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Very interesting find there TJ. It will need a bit more confirmation from the protesters to see what they think. Maybe the Facebook groups will have more info.

As an aside, any idea what has happened with Tawnyowl. I haven't seen him lately.

I have no idea whats happened to Tawny either.

Theres more info from drillordrop, but I know many wont even look at a link there unless interest is piqued

https://drillordrop.com/2018/12/18/cuadrilla-tight-lipped-on-future-of-fracking-as-equipment-moved-off-preston-new-road/

The Tory Legacy

I think its all on hold with Cudrillia since their attempts to increase the agreed quake limits failed. I dont doubt they knew what they agreed was BS, but expected to be able to simply get them increased once they started - like the changes to planning permission.

They are likely waiting to see if the right wing Tories (or Brexit) get the upper hand so the rules and regs can be dumped - then they'll be back.

Like Really Smug saying Parliament should be closed to prevent MP's amendments

The Tory Legacy

"Cuadrilla said that it anticipated that equipment would be back on site in 2019 to continue operations within its current planning permission which includes the hydraulic fracture of the two existing wells at Preston New Road and completion of up to four wells in total for exploration purposes.

Francis added: “In 2019 we look forward to completing the next phase of hydraulic fracturing and continue to flow test the gas recovered."

https://cuadrillaresources.com/media-resources/press-releases/merry-christmas-from-cuadrilla-and-see-you-in-2019/

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,Tawnyowl back from a break from the Frackers threatening England.

So what has been happening,i have not a clue but time to find out.

I hear Tinker Lane the Igas site in Nottinghamshire the drillers drilled and drilled down into the depths where the shale was.

But found nothing. Could not find the Shale,oh dear.

Can you believe this news.The experts must have felt quite ill with that news.:-(

Care Of Drill Or Drop a great place for the latest news.

IGas has said it will turn its attention to the shale gas exploration site at Misson Springs in north Nottinghamshire after failing to find the Bowland Shale at Tinker Lane nearby. As operations wind down at Tinker Lane, opponents are preparing to move their protest operation to Misson, where IGas has permission for two wells.

So what has happened at PNR Lancashires and Europes largest Frack Site.

The company has fracked one well and reported flows of shale gas. But there is no news on when the extended well test might start or if the second well will be fracked imminently. Equipment has been dismantled and moved off the site in recent weeks.

Under the terms of Cuadrilla’s planning permission, the company has 14 months left in which to drill two more wells and frack three. A condition of the consent, granted by the then local government secretary, Sajid Javid, was that the company must complete drilling and fracking within 30 months of the start of drilling, which began in August 2017.

:-(

AJ Lucas shareholders do not seem to get much news from Cuadrilla or AJL themselves as they talk amongst themselves or watch the protectors closely at the Fracking Site for any news at all.

Here is the latest share price, had quite a fall recently.Does anyone know what is happening with Cuadrilla the silence is deafening.

AJLucas Group Latest.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aj+lucas+share+price&oq=aj+lucas+share+price&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.11071j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

52-wk high 0.44

52-wk low 0.16

This is where the Shareholders and others chat about anything looking for info.

some have baled out and lost money,others hang on in there waiting.

Some of the threads at the moment where you can nosey around.They are quite interesting.

AJL

nitrogen clean up 26/01/19 13 2.8K

AJL

Flow rate 23/01/19 42 9.4K

AJL

News: AJL UPDATE 1-Experts say it’s safe to raise limit for tremors at Britain's fracking sites 23/01/19 0 382

AJL

News: AJL Experts say it’s safe to treble limit for tremors at Britain's fracking sites 23/01/19 0 324

AJL

UK shale guessing game

You will find it all here.

https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/ajl/

What else,just finding my way back in after a break away from it all.

The companies,the donations the PR,The tangle of people involved.The cost of policing,the pain,the bruises and the rest.

The pressure that must be being applied to raise the earthquake limit.

It is OK to raise the limit,multiplied by 3 say the experts in a report,but who paid these experts for their report.

It is a complete fracking mess in my opinion.

Which brings me to the all powerful Ineos.

The Empire of trash run by Jim Ratcliffe britains richest man.

So rich he can give over a hundred million for a yacht to maybe win a cup to sail on a sea of plastic and pollution.

Throughout Europe hundreds of millions have been spent on Cracker plants and the rest, preparations for the time to feast on England's green and pleasant land.Rip it up,rural roads,fields,countryside. Send the chemicals and drills into the Earth.Now everything is in place for Ineos.

But hold on a moment i forgot.

The government will not give way on the Earthquake limit.

The protectors will not give way on protecting ,watching like hawks all movements.

Local communities are coming together to oppose in greater numbers,a showdown could be coming,we will see.

Climate Change worries are building.

Politicians are beginning to see the light.Those who are not look like dinosaurs of yesteryear

Investors are ditching the fossil fuel shares in greater numbers.Billions are moving out.

Time is running out for the Fossil Fools.But so much money could be lost.

A lot of meetings must be being held behind closed doors,the pressure is on.

Oh well,enough of that lets get a few stories from round about,i am catching up.

Can you believe it Jim Ratcliffe must be feeling the pressure.

The powerful ones like to get their own way.Try to blast anything or anyone who stands in their way.

Back in this thread somewhere yoU will see the day Vivienne Westwood appeared at the Fracking Site.

Britain's richest man has launched a blistering attack on Dame Vivienne Westwood over her opposition to fracking.

'She doesn’t have to live in the north of England without a job': Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe blasts punk fashion icon Vivienne Westwood over her opposition to fracking

Chemicals tycoon Sir Jim Ratcliffe accused designer of living in a London bubble

Westwood, 77, hit back calling Sir Jim, 66, a liar bent on ruining the environment

Ratcliffe's firm, Ineos, has been granted rights to look for shale gas in parts of UK

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6663693/Britains-richest-man-Jim-Ratcliffe-blasts-Vivienne-Westwood-icons-opposition-fracking.html

What to watch in 2019

https://drillordrop.com/2018/12/31/what-to-watch-in-2019/

Keep one and a half eyes on Ineos,the pressure will start.much money has been spent planning the attack on rural England.

UK fracking tremor rules “absurd and unworkable”, says Ineos – campaigners accuse company of “aggressive and misinformed attack”

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/04/uk-fracking-tremor-rules-absurd-and-unworkable-says-ineos-campaigners-accuse-company-of-aggressive-and-misinformed-attack/

Time for comprehensive review of health impacts of fracking, say doctors

A government adviser has been accused of “negligent failure” for refusing to revise a report on the health impacts of fracking.

Two senior doctors have urged the chief executive of Public Health England (PHE), Duncan Selbie, to “reflect on previous inaction and publish an updated review”.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/05/time-for-comprehensive-review-of-health-impacts-of-fracking-say-doctors/

Government accused of breaking its own guidelines on shale gas consultation

An anti-fracking campaign group has lodged a formal complaint against the government over a public consultation on changing the planning rules for shale gas drilling.

Frack Free United said the consultation, which ended in October 2018, broke three of the government’s own guidelines.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/05/government-accused-of-breaking-its-own-guidelines-on-shale-gas-consultation/

Enough for now,many more twists and turns to come.Normal Fracking service will soon get back to normal.I will soon catch up.

I am a anti Fracker just in case you did not know.

Page 8 for when Cuadrilla invaded Lancashire.

Bye for now.Up the protectors may you succeed in your quest to rid England of the Frackers.

Take care out there.

Tawnyowl.

Ah better come clean.

The reason i have not been on the forums that much over the last couple of months.

I am involved in a few stories here and there,writing a few things.

As i have for a good few years.

But i got involved in so many both physically and through words it got to much.Promising involvement.

Not just here in the Bear Garden where i come to relax.Usually by the pool underneath the tree.

But elsewhere.If you believe in something or a cause you try your best through many ways to try to make a difference somehow.

As well as working.So i ended up all of a sudden feeling like hiding behind a rock could not get as involved as i wanted to.Not enough hours in the day.It would become full time.Just froze.Felt like i had let people down.

But i have read your posts,and whether you are anti or for Fracking welcome any views.

I read them all and sooner or later we will see who has the last dance on the pad at The Well to Hell.

Probably making as much sense as i usually do,but am not against anyone having their say.

And glad that some of you carried the thread on,debating away friendly.

Slowing down not getting involved in as many things.Or promising to much.Best i feel.

Tawnyowl

Well one minute no news then some news flows out.A lot of mistrust around though.Hard to believe anything lately.

LATEST NEWS: 6TH FEBRUARY, 2019

CUADRILLA SHALE GAS INITIAL FLOW TEST RESULTS

Cuadrilla today announced results from its flow-testing of the UK’s first ever horizontal shale gas exploration well, drilled through the shale rock more than 7,500 feet beneath the Preston New Road exploration site in Lancashire.

The company, based in nearby Bamber Bridge, said that the drilling, hydraulic fracturing and flow testing of the first horizontal well confirms that there is a rich reservoir of recoverable high quality natural gas present.

https://cuadrillaresources.com/media-resources/press-releases/cuadrilla-shale-gas-initial-flow-test-results/?fbclid=IwAR1J7eAJATpqYUo0KMSgByfVOxq4cm7gPozmFFMsoIhLlOfvstebX1QamSM

Cuadrilla fully fracked only 5% of shale gas well – calls for urgent review of tremor rules

Cuadrilla has called for an urgent review of the rules on earth tremors caused by fracking after revealing that it fully fractured only two of 42 planned stages at its shale gas well near Blackpool.

In a statement at midday, the company said the regulations on seismic activity induced by fracking had “severely constrained” the volume of sand that could be injected into the shale rock at its site at Preston New Road. Cuadrilla press statement (pdf)

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/06/cuadrilla-fully-fracked-only-5-of-shale-gas-well-calls-for-urgent-review-of-tremor-rules/

Remember Cuadrilla agreed to the limit,now they want to change things.

Well one minute no news then some news flows out.A lot of mistrust around though.Hard to believe anything lately.

LATEST NEWS: 6TH FEBRUARY, 2019

CUADRILLA SHALE GAS INITIAL FLOW TEST RESULTS

Cuadrilla today announced results from its flow-testing of the UK’s first ever horizontal shale gas exploration well, drilled through the shale rock more than 7,500 feet beneath the Preston New Road exploration site in Lancashire.

The company, based in nearby Bamber Bridge, said that the drilling, hydraulic fracturing and flow testing of the first horizontal well confirms that there is a rich reservoir of recoverable high quality natural gas present.

https://cuadrillaresources.com/media-resources/press-releases/cuadrilla-shale-gas-initial-flow-test-results/?fbclid=IwAR1J7eAJATpqYUo0KMSgByfVOxq4cm7gPozmFFMsoIhLlOfvstebX1QamSM

Cuadrilla fully fracked only 5% of shale gas well – calls for urgent review of tremor rules

Cuadrilla has called for an urgent review of the rules on earth tremors caused by fracking after revealing that it fully fractured only two of 42 planned stages at its shale gas well near Blackpool.

In a statement at midday, the company said the regulations on seismic activity induced by fracking had “severely constrained” the volume of sand that could be injected into the shale rock at its site at Preston New Road. Cuadrilla press statement (pdf)

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/06/cuadrilla-fully-fracked-only-5-of-shale-gas-well-calls-for-urgent-review-of-tremor-rules/

Remember Cuadrilla agreed to the limit,now they want to change things.

Hi Tawney,

Good to see you back and OK

The Tory Legacy

Hi tobyjugg2 always nice to read your posts on many subjects.

And always nicely put over.

Nice to hear that some have wondered where i had flown to.

I am OK,just back from a beach-combing exercise.

Got worn down, Winter blues,something like that,so hibernated for a while.

Had some Vitamin D tablets seem to have perked up now.

A storm is coming for sure.

The storm seems to have hit Cuadrilla and Ineos today.

Got a little wound up earlier when Britain's richest man Jim Ratcliffe,he with the empire of trash and a yacht that will sail on a sea of plastic and pollution.Cost him his weeks pocket money 100 million or so.

As i say he went for Vivienne Westwood in a paper as on the above post 1084.

It does not surprise me.Have you ever been round a rich man when they do not get their own way.

Despite the money they can throw around.

It is something to behold,i will refrain from putting a story on they can go on a bit.

But imagine a toddler when they lose it totally out of the blue,just not used to losing.

Throw their toys everywhere,wherever they may be.

Now where was i up to i will just check

The way i see it Cuadrilla were delighted to sign up, and help develop the TLS-Traffic Light System.

After causing the Earthquakes back in 2011 which shook some Lancastrians up.

And were given permission to start again under these strict conditions.

So Francis Egan and Crew come into Lancashire in a dawn raid,a Stealth Attack took place Back in January 2017.

Against a Democratic local decision to tell them to go to hell.

But the wise one Sajid Javid https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajid_Javid says tough you are having it.

I cannot describe what it was like going down there the day after seeing the bulldozer and the protectors,the first lorries so desperate to get on they were nearly tipping over.So many near accidents it was the wild west.

I saw things happen and people hurt.And good people that i will never forget.

Trying to shorten things i can go on a touch.

The largest Fracking site in Europe was built.Despite all the warnings about Fault Lines etc.

Finally they gently put a little pressure on,fired the chemicals and the fracking sand down there to keep the fractures open,to let things flow.

But the pressure needed to fire the sand into the fractures was never enough.Because the little pressure being used was causing tremors.And the pressure that is required to do the job,god knows what may happen.

So one day Francis Egan was pondering,thinking about the shareholders in AJ Lucas.

So popped off to B AND Q and bought a small Gas Canister.

Had a little flow-back with enough gas in it to fill three lighters and sent the canister of gas up the pipe,lit the fuse and announced to the world that they were flaring.Lasted all of ten seconds.

Ah enough of that,today's news,there is more i will get round to it. The above may contain a little spin.:-( I will calm down now.

Fracking firms denied permission to relax earthquake rules

Cuadrilla and Ineos say strict regulations around earthquakes hinder their work

The government has rejected pleas by fracking companies to review strict rules around earthquakes caused by their operations, in a major blow that could spell the end for Britain’s nascent shale industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/07/fracking-firm-cuadrilla-denied-permission-to-relax-earthquake-rules

UK government has no plans to review fracking regulations

The UK government has no plans to review regulations for fracking gas in the country, it said on Thursday after Ineos and Cuadrilla complained this week about the rules hindering their work.

The companies both put out public statements that their attempts at fracking were being affected by the rules that currently prohibit fracking if the operation causes tremors above 0.5 in the Richter scale. The pair warned it could lead to a shutdown of the industry.

“We set these regulations in consultation with industry and we have no plans to review them,” a spokesman for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy said

https://uk.webfg.com/news/news-and-announcements/uk-government-no-review-fracking-rules--3731267.html

Government survey: Earthquake fears push up opposition to fracking – support drops again

Opposition to fracking has risen to near record levels in the latest government public attitudes survey with a big increase in concern about earthquakes. Support for fracking fell to a joint record low.

The Wave tracker survey, conducted in December 2018, was the first to reflect reaction to fracking at Cuadrilla’s shale gas site at Preston New Road. By the end of the survey period, operations at the site near Blackpool had induced 57 seismic events.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/07/government-survey-earthquake-fears-push-up-opposition-to-fracking-support-drops-again/

What is next i wonder,bound to be twists and turns,so much money involved.

Even the mighty can fall when plans costing so many millions or more meet resistance as things begin to change fast across the world.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

And here was me thinking you'd been nicked for crashing a drone into the fracking drill

Good to see you back

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hiya Labrat no i am a observer i do not class myself as a activist.Although i have been very close to things happening.

Although if i had been a little younger i just do not know.You can feel your blood boil at times watching things.

But i remember a fall i had a short time ago on the beach.Years since i had fallen then it happened.

You usually fall and bounce up,but i could not stop myself,i must have travelled 20 feet or so in slow motion before splat. It reminded of a tree falling in slow motion.

Strange how you mind says you are still 20 but the body says you are a little older than that:lol:

Think i will do this in two parts Part one now,part two soon.A short story for a Saturday.

Back in 2014 i went to a protest outside the Winter Gardens Blackpool.To learn a little about Fracking and to check the protestors out.

The Frackers were there along with the energy minister Michael Fallon https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/sir-michael-fallon/88 discussing many things.

Most of the attendees slipped in the side doors,well Michael Fallon did which surprised me,go for the front door if proud of your position.Some did,they were not threatened just normal everyday people that had arrived from all over the UK.

It was interesting to read the leaflets,meet,chat,photograph people of all ages concerned about the environment,the tremor risk even then.Nature,water,chemicals,roads,local issues so many things.

This as the first time i had seen any Fracking protectors.

People like Tina Rothery a fascinating lady if you can tie her down long enough to find a little about her life before Fracking came along.Very difficult,so busy,a livewire for sure but if lucky you find out a little.

Always hurtling around,organising,speaking,laughing.

Vanessa Vine a very knowledgeable lady.Carrying a flag that had travelled to many places in the world.

Gayzer Frackman who often investigates things by himself,i observed him closely really close,this was before 9am as i remember.A natural DJ kind of guy where words flow easily.A very interesting chap.

He as well as others seem to have given up a lot.Should i say lost a lot.

Many more from Barton Moss, battle weary troops who had felt the force in many ways fighting the Frackers.

Years of their lives have gone to fight the menace in out midst.

Family lives,time passes quick you cannot get it back and only get one chance,one it has gone it has gone.

Families growing up so much they must lose for the belief that your cause is just.

And so many more from across the UK,Europe and further destinations.And i am only a occasional visitor to the Fracking Site.

And then as you know when the conclusion is reached and the Frackers are defeated after so long people forget and everything slowly gets forgotten as the mists of time roll by.

What then for the people who have given up years,i often wonder how they will return to normal lives.

Or will many wait for the next invaders or move on to other things climate change,political etc.

Well i never imagined that 2 and a half years later or so i would find that the Frackers would invade part of Lancashire i knew quite well.

Having grown up and worked very close by.On greenhouses and other areas nearby.

I looked back to the late 60s 70s and onwards and thought of the people i had met in those areas.

People who worked hard,did not need watches or clocks.Just worked from when it came light till when it went dark,on the land.And were tough.

These Frackers will not last long here they will be thrown out the people will not have it,i thought.

Risking the health of their community,environment,nature,pollution,tremor risk from a company that fails every time and proved to be a touch slow at admitting certain happenings.Not a chance.

But had underestimated certain things.

I will continue as soon as possible,just rambling away,as you can.

Part two soon.I like to tell a tale or two.

Seeing politicians close up,seeing protectors carrying out direct actions,arrests,marches and much more.

Meeting people i will never forget.It felt at times as things were happening totally dreamlike.Hard to explain really.

Seemed like slow motion but was happening fast.

But it was happening within feet,inches,more soon.

What else is happening.As time allows i will look further afield as well.

Driller seeks land access for Somerset surveys and prepares for stock market listing.

Landowners on the edge of the Mendip hills in Somerset have been approached by an oil and gas explorer, who wants to test for hydrocarbons.

Frack Free North Somerset has established that at least two landowners in the parish of Bleadon had been contacted by the company. The group said both had declined the rental offer. A large, but unspecified rental fee had been mentioned, the group said.

The issue is likely to be discussed next week at the meeting of Bleadon parish council (Monday 11 February 2019) and by Frack Free North Somerset at its planning meeting (Tuesday 12 February 2019).

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/08/driller-seeks-land-access-for-somerset-surveys-and-prepares-for-stock-market-listing/

February 2019 drilling headlines

Top headlines this month

Government survey reveals that support for fracking drops to joint record low as concerns about earthquakes rise

Cuadrilla reveals it fracked only 5% of its shale gas well and calls for urgent review of tremor rules

Ineos accuses government of shutting down shale by the backdoor with fracking tremor rules

IGas executive to retire

Police chief welcomes government cash for anti-fracking protests

Tinker Lane shale gas site to be restored after failing to find the Bowland shale

Egdon appeals against latest refusal at Wressle oil site

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/01/february-2019-drilling-headlines/

All that money being made from fracking in America.

The Frackers have to keep moving.It is not a case of drilling one hole and the gas comes out for ever and a day.

Of course for some preparing these sites it is happy days.Understandable.

So we have America with those huge areas with the Frackers drilling here there and everywhere,well it seems that way.

Making fortunes for investors you would think.

Gas runs out in the best areas then they move on until one day,the best areas have gone then desperation will set in.

ROLLING,rolling ROLLING,keep those lorries rolling,Frackinggg.

Can you imagine the North of England or anywhere in England,the scale needed,the amount of sites needed.

This one site in Lancashire has cost about at a guess 14 million in police time.

A huge mess,stress and distress for many.And man made tremors,Earthquakes.

And to get anywhere it has to keep moving.It starts with one well but needs thousands.

Try sleeping in a area that you are waiting for the next tremor,what is it so far 58 or so.

I am not bothered if a few of the tremors are like a melon dropping on a floor.

What a way to compare.Who knows the effects as time goes by.

But deep underneath the Earth the chemicals are there.Not all comes back up and no one knows what happens to it.

Not even the wisest ones at Cuadrilla. And have admitted that.

Check how much Hydrochoric Acid has been used in america since Fracking began and god knows what else.

And the amount of water required.

Bit dated.

Fracking uses vast quantities of chemicals known to harm human health. According to industry-reported data in the FracFocus database, oil and gas wells fracked across the U.S. between 2005 and 2015 used at least:

5 billion pounds of hydrochloric acid, a caustic acid;

1.2 billion pounds of petroleum distillates, which can irritate the throat, lungs and eyes; cause dizziness and nausea; and can include toxic and cancer-causing agents; and

445 million pounds of methanol, which is suspected of causing birth defects.

The exact identities of many other chemicals are unknown because they are kept secret as proprietary information.

Fracking by the Numbers

The Damage to Our Water, Land and Climate from a Decade of Dirty Drilling

https://environmentamerica.org/reports/ame/fracking-numbers-0

Do you want this near you or in any area in England,want to take the gamble.Where we live so close together.

Take the responsibility.

Do you think the Fracking company is responsible,has to pay if things go pear shaped.

Check that out and find out why a massive bond is not required.

Ah enough of that,getting wound up.Best move on.

Are Investors Finally Waking up to North America’s Fracked Gas Crisis?

The fracked gas industry's long borrowing binge may finally be hitting a hard reality: paying back investors.

Enabled by rising debt, shale companies have been achieving record fracked oil and gas production, while promising investors a big future payoff. But over a decade into the “fracking miracle,” investors are showing signs they're worried that payoff will never come — and as a result, loans are drying up.

Fracked Shale Oil Wells Drying Up Faster than Predicted, Wall Street Journal Finds

Fracking in 2018: Another Year of Pretending to Make Money

Peak Shale: Is the US Fracking Industry Already in Decline?

The Fracking Industry’s Water Nightmare

The Fracking Industry Is Cannibalizing Its Own Production, Increasing Spill Risks

Oil Industry Plans to Keep Workers Safe—by Firing Them and Having Robots Do Their Jobs

Rise of the Machines: Fracking Execs Plan Profits by Using Automation to Shrink Workforce

Why It Matters If Fracking Companies Are Overestimating Their ‘Proved’ Oil and Gas Reserves

Flip This Well: How Fracking Company CEOs Get Rich While Losing Billions

This Fed Policy Enabled the Fracking Industry’s $280 Billion Loss

As Rest of World Moves Towards Renewables, US Keeps Offering Exclusive Tax Breaks for Fossil Fuels

How Wall Street Enabled the Fracking ‘Revolution’ That’s Losing Billions

GOP Tax Law Bails Out Fracking Companies Buried in Debt

Low Octane: The Surprising Reason Shale Oil Makes a Poor Fuel for High-Tech Cars and Trucks

Despite Disappointing Returns, Oil Driller Pushes Ahead with Fracking Near Rare Texas Wildlands

The Secret of the Great American Fracking Bubble

Growth is apparently no longer the answer for the U.S. natural gas industry, as Matthew Portillo, director of exploration and production research at the investment bank Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co., recently told The Wall Street Journal.

“Growth is a disease that has plagued the space,” Portillo said. “And it needs to be cured before the [natural gas] sector can garner long-term investor interest.”

https://www.desmogblog.com/2019/02/07/north-america-natural-gas-fracking-financial-crisis-investors?fbclid=IwAR2v4HSElxMRZWilNbA-j5WApMe6kYy0dXcm7XLVocEd_QmtHwYiyqtWS3Q

Picture post: Hundreds attend ‘Fracking in Lancashire’ event

An estimated 350 people attended an event near Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road shale gas site to discuss the impacts of fracking on residents.

The capacity audience, at Ribby Hall holiday village near Blackpool, heard from the Texan former oil and gas worker, Sharon Wilson, who now works for the US environmental group, Earthworks.

There were also presentations from Dr Tim Thornton, a retired GP from Ryedale, where Third Energy wanted to frack but has not yet had permission, and David Smythe, Emeritus Professor of Geophysics at University of Glasgow.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/10/picture-post-hundreds-attend-fracking-in-lancashire-event/

Weekend long read: Promises, promises. Will operators meet their drilling commitments and does it matter?

Time is running out for UK onshore oil and gas companies that were awarded exploration licences in the most recent government licensing round.

They now have fewer than 900 days to complete seismic surveys in 50 licence areas, find well sites, get planning permission and permits, drill a total of 97 wells and frack 12 of them.

Under the 14th round commitments to the government, the companies must complete all this work by 20 July 2021, under two-and-a-half years away.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/09/weekend-long-read-promises-promises-will-operators-meet-their-drilling-commitments-and-does-it-matter/

Well looking at some of the share prices such as Igas, AJLucas Group Ltd makes you wonder if some investors have had enough of promises just as in America.

Remembering the Sub Prime chaos that happened.Some call the Shale Industry a Ponzi Scheme.

How much has Centrica parent company of British Gas now thrown down Cuadrillas Well to Hell.

Guess,40 million or so.All gone now.

Only one thing to do if you are angry enough.

Unfrack yourself.A suitable way to end i feel.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl.

http://unfrack.me/

Senior officials failed to give clear answers on decommissioning of fracking wells – MP

A Conservative MP said yesterday evening he was disappointed with the response of senior civil servants to his questions on the decommissioning of shale gas wells.

Lee Rowley MP,who has a prospective Ineos shale gas site in his North East Derbyshire constituency, wanted to know what would happen if shale gas companies went out of business before land had been restored.

He said the questions had still not been answered, many years after the start of attempts to frack.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/11/senior-officials-failed-to-give-clear-answers-on-decommissioning-of-fracking-wells-mp/

Taxpayers to pay for fracking pollution if companies go bust.Bit dated but as far as i know nothings changed.

Minister rejects proposal to amend regulations to make companies sign a bond to pay for potential pollution incidents

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/dec/11/taxpayers-fracking-pollution-companies

Sneaky little critters these Frackers.

Is each Fracking Site whether run by the same operator a separate Ltd Company.

Orphan Wells: States Wrestle With Soaring Costs For Oil & Gas Industry Mess.

You can find plenty of articles covering what has happened or is happening in America with thousands of abandoned sites and cleanups of same.

And as far as i know they pay a bond which appears to be nowhere near enough for cleanups.

No bond here though.Who made that decision.Check yourself the answer is out there.On this page perhaps.You may or may not be surprised.

THE FRACKING DEPRECIATION DODGE

Accounting tricks hide fracking’s biggest secret: it’s a money-loser.

The US oil and gas boom continued in full force during 2018. By year’s end, America’s oil and gas output reached record highs, squeezing the nation’s net petroleum imports to their lowest point since the early 1970s.

But this production frenzy came at a tremendous financial cost.

Despite the highest oil prices since 2014, fracking-focused companies spent billions of dollars more on drilling in 2018 than they made from oil and gas sales—creating a condition known to accountants as negative free cash flow. The stock market pummeled the industry for these disappointing results, pushing the energy sector into last place in the S&P 500 for the year.

https://www.sightline.org/2019/02/11/fracking-financial-depreciation-dodge/

FEB

Centrica and British Gas - Stop Funding Fracking!-Coverage if available on the day

Looks like Centrica who have poured money down the wells of Cuadrilla are going to receive a friendly visit asking them

to refrain from doing so.You pay Centrica, British Gas and down the well to hell it goes,never to be seen again.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2158791447715982/

Tomorrow at the Cuadrilla Site Students youngsters to me will be gathering from across the UK.

Youth,the future shows their concern.

Student Solidarity With Preston New Road!

Public · Hosted by Keele Students Against Fracking

The beautiful and courageous folks at Preston New Road will have just spent Christmas and New Years defending their land and fellow humans. Anyone who believes in democracy and a right to a habitable planet owes it not only to these protesters, but to themselves and future generations to support the fight against fracking in Lancashire.

As students, we experience a far greater freedom and capacity to mobilise with these movements than most. Therefore, the students of Keele call upon Universities across the country to come down to Preston New Road for a day of solidarity with those who have dedicated so much of their lives to standing up for what is right.

Much more on the link.

https://www.facebook.com/events/309372219699391/

"We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it."

I am gone for now.

I will return.Concerned Owl,watching pretty closely what is gong on.

Tawnyowl.

Fracking refused at second site in Lancashire

Permission refused for Cuadrilla’s Roseacre Wood fracking site

The government has refused planning permission for Cuadrilla’s shale gas site at Roseacre Wood, near Blackpool.

James BrokenshireIn a 179-page decision document,Recovered appeal: site at Roseacre Hall, Roseacre Wood, Preston, Lancashire – Cuadrilla Appeal C (ref 3134385 - 12 February 2019)

Decision letter and Inspector’s Report for a recovered appeal. published this lunchtime, the local government secretary, James Brokenshire (left), turned down the proposal on highway safety grounds.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/recovered-appeal-site-at-roseacre-hall-roseacre-wood-preston-lancashire-cuadrilla-appeal-c-ref-3134385-12-february-2019?utm_source=14c670af-a09f-4493-830f-3d8dd71058d4&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate

The document said:

“The proposed development would have a serious and very significant adverse impact on the safety of people using the public highway.”

“It is not possible to conclude that the demonstrable harm associated with that issue would be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/12/breaking-permission-refused-for-cuadrillas-roseacre-wood-fracking-site/

National: The Anti-Fracking Nanas

BY ROWAN THE POET

I’m on a train heading to Preston in Lancashire. I’m crammed on a 4 seater next to some businessmen, who’ve filled the overhead compartment with their luggage. I’m surrounded by bags, wearing about 6 layers and roasting alive. But despite this, I’m incredibly excited.

https://doortodoorpoetry.com/2019/02/06/national-knocking-the-anti-fracking-nanas/?fbclid=IwAR2gOPOXbBS_pl7zc8C6dyWFujaSKUBwWmVG1NJkmPOFpm8ckw7I0uISG0M#more-9393

Well i was looking for a investigation article into the scientists who were asking for a relaxation of Earthquake limits for Fracking.

Who were they,their history related involvement in companies present and past.I read it somewhere but lost it.

But no urgent need at the moment,i will find it.

Glad the Lion is resting,cryptic message for someone.

May the force be with you Lion.

Once met you never forget some people.

So tonight the Frackers are about as popular as Rattlesnakes in a lucky dip.Read that somewhere,now where was it,nice saying anyway.

Like Ferrets wrestling in a sack.

Something like that.

Onwards to the conclusion,the final countdown has surely begun.

The anti Frackers, the protectors may sleep a little easier tonight.

They deserve it.

To the bosses who came in all youthful and fired up but will go out aged and worn out.

Tough at the top is it not.You have cost a lot of people plenty and not just money.

While it's a relief for the local residents near the Roseacre site, I suspect Quadrilla will not let things lie. Money blinds people! I wouldn't be too surprised that this site comes up in the future with a new application which takes all the points raised into account.

For now, it's a resounding well done to the protectors.

Everyone remember those letters saying there had been some form of 'attachment' to deeds a couple years ago?

Apparently re rights to underground ?

The Tory Legacy

Hi tobyjugg2.

I seem to remember a flurry of claims being made.Not that sure of relevant dates for claims to be made.

To people telling them that they do not own anything under their land.

If valuable finds are made well tough it is ours all ours the landowners told the serfs.

Church of England Lays Claim to Minerals Under Private Land

Church of England Lays Claim to Minerals Under Private Land

church_property.jpgThe Church of England has laid claim to minerals sitting underneath privately-owned land covering over half a million acres.

Ancient property laws, called “manorial” rights, allow the Church to claim rights over land it has previously owned and in 2013 a change in the law meant if mineral rights were not logged with HM Land Registry they could be lost.

https://www.ibblaw.co.uk/insights/blog/church-england-lays-claim-minerals-under-private-land

Queen asserts mineral rights in Raunds and Irchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-25432918

Under a new law, landowners have until October to assert their rights over mineral rights. The commissioners have told the Land Registry that they wish to do so.

As a result, the registry is now sending official legal letters to residents informing them of the Church’s “unilateral” claim to benefit from any mines and minerals under their land.

I wonder how many claims have been made to the Land Registry. Needs a touch of research i feel.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Well,well well.Remember this is 2013-2014.

Fracking fears as landowners lay claim to ancient rights

Land Registry receives 73,000 applications claiming historical land rights, raising concerns that landowners could use them to allow fracking under people’s homes

Fears that landowners could use ancient rights to allow fracking under people’s homes have been raised following the disclosure on Wednesday that more than 73,000 claims to manorial rights in England and Wales have been received by the Land Registry.

The claims have resulted in thousands of home owners being sent letters informing them that landowners or institutions have the rights to mineral extraction under their property. This has raised fears the landowners could try to exercise those rights for mining or fracking.

MPs said the notifications of historical rights, which can also apply to sporting, hunting and fishing, had caused widespread “distress and anxiety” and criticised the Land Registry for its “irresponsible behaviour”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/10575318/Land-Registry-receives-73000-land-rights-claims-minister-reveals.html

Just been looking at the law regarding homeowners when buying which as i have only spent five minutes or so is a touch baffling.But you never know what may happen.

What does it mean when the Land Registry title to my property says that mines and minerals are excepted

Potential Problems

A potential hazard with reservation of mines and minerals is that the owner of the minerals may allege a trespass if the foundations of buildings on the property interfere with the minerals. Buyers of land might have some apprehension about minerals being mined in the future as well as possible subsidence, even if the reservation states that the minerals owner may not enter the land to extract or cause any damage to the surface of the ground.

Mines and Minerals indemnity insurance is usually available where the carrying out of development on a site is affected by a mines and minerals exception. In the event of damage to the mines and minerals an injunction may be available. Alternatively, substantial damages may be payable or the owner of the mineral title could seek a payment of compensation.

It is not generally advisable to contact the owner of the mines and minerals to ask if he will sell his rights or to obtain permission to sink the foundations of any new buildings into the mineral strata, as insurers of mining indemnity insurance do not permit contacting the owner.

Much more on the link,interesting.But a lot for the old Owl to take in.:-(

https://www.clarkslegal.com/Blog/Post/What_does_it_mean_when_the_Land_Registry_title_to_my_property_says_that_mines_and_minerals_are_excepted

Finishing for now with the ladies in White yesterday at the Cuadrilla Fracking Site Lancashire in full song.

Unfortunately my volume has vanished for some reason but i have heard they sang very well.

Edited by Tawnyowl

Third Energy has committed to drill three wells and frack four in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire in the next four years.

Under the revised terms of its exploration licences, the company is required to frack its gas well near the village of Kirby Misperton by the end of 2019. Within the next 18 months, it must also drill a 1,000m lateral well and carry out another frack.

After that, Third Energy has committed to drill and frack a 3,000m well by 30 September 2021 and drill and frack another well into the Bowland formation by 31 December 2022.

A further new well must be drilled in the area by the end of 2023 and one more by 2024, taking the total new wells to six.

Opponents of Third Energy’s activities in Ryedale said today they were surprised to see the work commitments, given the company’s financial position.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/13/third-energy-commits-to-frack-one-well-a-year-in-ryedale-to-2022/

Geologists link Surrey earthquakes to oil site as new tremor felt in the area

People living in the area of Surrey hit by earthquakes last summer felt another tremor this morning.

The quake, measuring 2.4ML (local magnitude) happened at 7.43am and came as geologists from Edinburgh University pointed the figure at the Horse Hill oil site as a cause of 15 tremors in 2018.

The leading investor in Horse Hill, UK Oil and Gas plc, said there was “no reasonable scientific basis for the claims” made by the Edinburgh geologists and described one of the authors as a “well-known opponent of the oil and gas industry”.

But Friends of the Earth said the Edinburgh conclusions should “give the government pause for thought when considering calls by the industry to relax regulations on fracking-induced seismicity.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/14/geologists-link-surrey-earthquakes-to-oil-site-as-new-tremor-felt-in-the-area/

Angus Energy due back at Balcombe

Angus Energy is expected to return to its West Sussex oil site at Balcombe next week, according to the parish council.

A report on the council’s website said the company expected to be at the site for two to three weeks.

The council said:

“There has been no direct communication from Angus Energy”.

According to information given to the council, Angus will be testing the water encountered in the oil exploration well at Balcombe and will be pumping for 7-10 days.

In September 2018, Angus Energy carried out two limited flow tests at Balcombe. The company reported that it had encountered unexpected water in the well and had run out of time to do more than two flow tests because of equipment failure.

https://drillordrop.com/2019/02/14/angus-energy-due-back-at-balcombe/

FOUR DAYS left to object to six oil wells in Horse Hill, Horley, Surrey:

Comment on Planning Application

Back to Application

If you wish to comment on the application please fill in the form below and click submit. All fields marked with an * are mandatory.

https://planning.surreycc.gov.uk/plancomment.aspx?AppNo=SCC%20Ref%202018/0152

Well with time tightening for the Frackers,the pressure is on.

Great announcements will be made no doubt.Trying to influence.

PR machines will go into overdrive.Newspapers will show which side their owners support.

Millions will be spent.Pressure will increase for the Earthquake limit to be raised.

But the truth of it all is that time is running out for the Frackers.

Climate Change,all the chemicals,tremors, all the mess travelling through the countryside,the dangers mean the public will not want it.

Possible new chemical plants if allowed to have their way in England.

However plenty of money will be splashed around to try to give a good image wherever the Frackers try to gain a foothold..

The Frackers last stand is gearing up for the final countdown.

Where else have the Frackers left in the UK to go.

All or nothing,a new battle begins.

Who will have the last dance on the Fracking Pads of England.

The Protectors of course.:-(

Edited by Tawnyowl

15 Feb 2019

Exclusive: The pro-fracking letter writers with links to oil and gas industry

Alex Thomson

Chief Correspondent

In the search for alternative energy sources for the UK, there seemed to be one obvious place to look – underground. But according to one group of geo-scientists, getting access to the UK’s shale gas resource is at risk because of the rules governing fracking-induced earth tremors.

In a joint letter, 48 of them backed calls by the fracking industry for the regulations to be reviewed. But who exactly are the signatories?

This programme has discovered that many of them have links to the oil and gas industry.

https://www.channel4.com/news/exclusive-the-pro-fracking-letter-writers-with-links-to-oil-and-gas-industry