Handing in Notice / Date Change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a quick question on behalf of a friend..

She is currently employed with the council however has handed her notice in to finish sometime in July.

Her contract only requires 4 weeks notice so this is fine.

Due to changing circumstance she now wishes to finish earlier i.e just work the minimum 4 weeks notice.

She has been told she can't change it now because shes already given notice to finish in July.

Can anyone clarify if this is correct.

I would assume she could simply retract her original notice and give them a new one providing she is still giving the correct 4 weeks period of notice etc.

Thanks in advance

-J

she can hand in her notice again as an amendment she would still be within the time in her contract. If it was the other way round then they could say no, you cant stay any longer. The entire point is she is saying that she is ending her contract to work on such and sucha a date as per the agreement. If the employer says no you have to work another month then they are breaking that contract. It might be awkward for them but that is tough.

Some employers like schools have a contract that saya you give a minimum of 1 months notice but you must work to the end of the current term so people either have to pack up in the summer holidays or be forced to work another 3+ months. I cant see that there would be such a rider in her contract

she can hand in her notice again as an amendment she would still be within the time in her contract. If it was the other way round then they could say no, you cant stay any longer. The entire point is she is saying that she is ending her contract to work on such and sucha a date as per the agreement. If the employer says no you have to work another month then they are breaking that contract. It might be awkward for them but that is tough.

Some employers like schools have a contract that saya you give a minimum of 1 months notice but you must work to the end of the current term so people either have to pack up in the summer holidays or be forced to work another 3+ months. I cant see that there would be such a rider in her contract

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. It re-affirms what I thought. I see the point of schools and possibly other employers having such riders in their contract however I don't believe this to be the case. I think a double check of her contract will confirm this.

Thanks again for your input