UKBA visa application processing service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends,

Can you tell me whether the UKBA service of assessing visa application is subject to general consumer laws or not ?

And if so , can I raise a claim in court, six years after I was wronged by them.

they had made and admitted their mistake in assessing my application

but refused to refund my air travel ticket saying that they advise applicants not to book ticket in advance.

However I don't think I am bound by their advise and that I want to claim this in court, five years after the incident.

sorry for being thick..

but who are

UKBA visa application processing service?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like one of those shady companies that claim they can fill in and send the form to be processed by UKBA. SImilar to the con artists that charge a fortune to fill in a driving licence application for you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry for being thick..

but who are

UKBA visa application processing service?

UK Border Agency...

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-border-agency

I visit them a lot during work.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

UK Border Agency...

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-border-agency

I visit them a lot during work.

Is that just UKBA. Or is there actually something called the UKBA visa processing service. AS the OP makes it sound as a separate company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Is that just UKBA. Or is there actually something called the UKBA visa processing service. AS the OP makes it sound as a separate company.

Not sure renegade, I took it that's who the op was talking about :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

they had made and admitted their mistake in assessing my application

but refused to refund my air travel ticket saying that they advise applicants not to book ticket in advance.

Im thinking that due to this, its a separate company.

Hey All, yes just meant UKBA which these days is UK VI.

They made mistake in deciding on my tier 1 visa and had to make a second appliction, which was approved. Later I complained about the first application and they were found to be wrong.

This mistake caused to cancel my flight ticket and he to incur charges, which I want to claim back

and admitted their mistake in assessing my application

However I don't think I am bound by their advise and that I want to claim this in court, five years after the incident.

Why on earth wouldn't you be bound by that advice?

It is clear, unequivocal and isn't unreasonable ......

Why on earth wouldn't you be bound by that advice?

It is clear, unequivocal and isn't unreasonable ......

I had booked a premium appointment and they made some administrative er or on that day which caused them to take longer than what they are supposed to take. I took premium appointment only because I had to travel so either they approve or refuse I could still have travelled but they made administrative error and as a result of that they ended up taking much longer than expected.

So please can someone tell me if I can raise MCOL claim or not. I will be really thankful for this.

Their advise however reasonable cannot be a Pancea for their mistake and in the scenario I was in, I don't see why my ticket booking was unreasonable. I can't expected to prepare for their mistakes. They have to own theor mistakes.

How could you have still traveled if they refused? You wouldn't have had a Visa if that were the case surely. And if you could have traveled even if they refused then what prevented you from travelling due to them making an admin error? Had you booked your travel for the same day as your appointment to request a Visa?

I don't think you'd be successful in a court case. The advice is clear, do not book a ticket until you actually have a Visa. You say that they have to own their mistakes, but at the same time you have to own yours, and in my opinion it was a mistake to book a ticket before you knew you'd get a Visa or not.

I had booked a premium appointment and they made some administrative er or on that day which caused them to take longer than what they are supposed to take. I took premium appointment only because I had to travel so either they approve or refuse I could still have travelled but they made administrative error and as a result of that they ended up taking much longer than expected.

So please can someone tell me if I can raise MCOL claim or not. I will be really thankful for this.

Their advise however reasonable cannot be a Pancea for their mistake and in the scenario I was in, I don't see why my ticket booking was unreasonable. I can't expected to prepare for their mistakes. They have to own theor mistakes.

You still shouldn't have booked the ticket for travel to the UK (rather than travel to the visa interview) until you had the visa.

This was the clear and reasonable advice that you haven't said why it was reasonable for you to ignore it.....

Well, my visa was valid till next one and half month and my ticket was some 15 days after. What they did was they retained my visa application by saying that they will return it by end of week after making decision. But they misplaced my application and returned it after some five weeks.

That's why I say that if they had made the decision on same day then I coulds have travelled regardless of the outcome of the application . They admitted that the delay was due to their administrative error.

This application was yo extend my tier1 visa and I was inside uk and the flight tvet was yo travel to my home country and back to uk.

So if needs I could have travelled back and applied for visa again in case there was refusal.

But you still booked the ticket when you didn't hold the visa to return.

If "So if needs I could have travelled back and applied for visa again in case there was refusal." : you could have done that then - but still taken a risk if case it still got refused!

Bottom line : you bought the ticket before you knew you would hold the visa allowing you to use the return leg of icket, and they specifically advise against buying a ticket until you are sure you hold the relevant visa.

You can issue a claim but I suspect it has no real prospect of success.

My visa valid for two weeks after return leg of my journey .

Then you could have and should have travelled on that ticket.

If that would then have still caused you problems with obtaining the visa : you still shouldn't have purchased the ticket until you had sorted out your visa!