style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please forgive the length of this post.

Very stressed mother of 20, 18 and 14. 18 year old staying on foster child. All in uni, college.

Husband primary carer for looked after child.

We rented the same house for 13 years, initially through an agent, but the landlord took over himself for the last 3 years.

He was a pain and kept increasing rent every 6 months.

We should have moved, but, children, work school etc.

He issued a section 21 notice at which point we started looking for somewhere to live.

I lost £750 in deposit and referencing fees.

I have to admit that business wasn't going well and money was very tight so our rent was not very regular but it was paid.

He applied for eviction and claimed arrears of rent via a money claim.

The court refused him possession saying section 21 defective and he appealed.

We stopped paying rent to save up a deposit and we finally found somewhere to live and moved.

In the meantime, moneyclaim came to court.

Sum was increased from £5k to £16k and court gave him judgement

despite no notification on increased claim before I got to court.

I told judge I would have come to court to with counsel if I had known.

I appealed and was denied leave to appeal, but granted an oral hearing.

Meantime, landlord withdrew appeal to judgement on Section 21

and asked we make repayment proposal as we have 2 very successful businesses.

He has had in his head for years that we have money just don't want to pay him.

He has been telling me he will ruin my credit for years everytime I argued about rent increase,

looks like he will shortly get his wish.

I will have to sign on and claim HB to be have any hope of being able to pay next month's rent if I don't get a job asap.

I need transcripts, but can't afford to pay as I am currently unemployed though not on job seekers,

I need to send a bundle to court shortly in advance of hearing

but only have a thin idea of it needs to go in.

Any, all advice most gratefully received.

:lol:

I have sent a message to site team for you. When do you need to have your bundle submitted by ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi mamatemi

It is really difficult to advise without the full details of the case and what you have already submitted and actions you have taken.

Did you not acknowledge the initial claim or defend?

Perhaps post up a timeline of events (court procedure) and scan in some Court Orders....particularly the Order re Oral Hearing.

Giving us 4 days notice is also not great....having been a member since 2007.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy, Apologies, life has been so chewy it took a while to remember that this resource is here.

I have been fighting fires for a year now and I am really at the end of my rope.

This business has really hurt my business and it looks like I am now a jcp client...

I have uploaded the orders for the hearing.

Most grateful for your help, now I'm not alone..

e: Oral hearing Bundle

Click image for larger version

Name: OH22.pdf

Views: 0

Size: 292.2 KB

ID: 63108Click image for larger version

Name: OH11.pdf

Size: 268.0 KB

ID: 63107Click image for larger version

Name: OH21.pdf

Size: 254.3 KB

ID: 63106

Andy, Apologies, life has been so chewy it took a while to remember that this resource is here.

I have been fighting fires for a year now and I am really at the end of my rope.

This business has really hurt my business and it looks like I am now a jcp client...

I have uploaded the orders for the hearing.

Most grateful for your help,

now I'm not alone..

OH21.pdf

OH11.pdf

OH22.pdf

OH22.pdf

OH11.pdf

OH21.pdf

Well you wont have a bundle as you never defended the initial claim...simply draft a skeleton argument listing your main points of contention/disagreements and get it to them today...otherwise you will be late and disallowed to submit evidence.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Well you wont have a bundle as you never defended the initial claim...simply draft a skeleton argument listing your main points of contention/disagreements and get it to them today...otherwise you will be late and disallowed to submit evidence.

Andy

I defended the original Moneyclaim hence we were in court 19th Feb.

Then your bundle will be a paginated account of what you relied on with your defence to the initial hearing.

Its very difficult to advise any further as all the details we have from you from above is......

"In the meantime, money claim came to court. Sum was increased from £5k to £16k and court gave him judgement despite no notification on increased claim before I got to court.

I told judge I would have come to court to with counsel if I had known. I appealed and was denied leave to appeal, but granted an oral hearing."

http://www.posib.co.uk/ex107_e.pdf

Then you will have to find a local company (your court may recommend one ) to transcribe the recording to transcript.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I will try to be brief!

We lived in the same house as tenants for 13 years. The last 2 years were an incessant demand for rent rises. I finally had enough when he sent us a quit notice and stopped paying any rent. We ended up in court, he was refused possession and we finally found somewhere to move to 5 months after being threatened with balliffs.

He has got judgement for 16k, even though he only paid and claimed for £5k. We have been given leave to appeal to Crown Court but must provide transcripts at our own expense - currently £500 and then find money for a barrister. We are just about keeping the new roof over our head.

The stress has been unbelievable. I am now unemployed (since May) and still waiting for a determination on Housing Benefit, so my new tenancy may also be at risk. I am praying to get a job soon, but I have loans and credit cards that I am just about keeping on top of ( spent the last 4 years trying to grow a business) and no savings.I think my best option is to fill in an N245 and throw myself at the mercy of the court. All advice gratefully received. I would like to go to a new job with a clear mind.

Thread moved to General Legal Issues..in view of the CCJ.

Regards

Andy

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I lost a court case with my former landlord. Judge gave me leave to appeal at Crown court with oral hearing and transcripts to be produced at my own expense. Could not afford cost of transcripts or a barrister for oral arguments so appeal dismissed. what happens next please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464868-Oral-hearing-Bundle&p=4907587#post4907587

As this relates to previous thread, site team will merge so info kept together.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Threads merged..please keep to one thread per issue.

Andy