• Tweets

• It is important that you do the reading about this subject in the sub- forum. It's not complicated but you need to be in control and I don't think you are. For instance, much of the information you need and also the case transcripts that you're looking for are in the fixed topics at the top of this sub- forum but clearly you didn't know that. You will gain in confidence if you do the reading. Particularly as it now looks as if the mediation has not worked because EVRi have stayed you up and so you may now be going to trial. You need to understand thoroughly what you are doing. We will help you and you will find our support is unstinting but you have to do your part. Please spend a lot of time reading the stories on the sub- forum especially the pinned posts at the top of the sub- forum and then start preparing your court bundle. We have instructions here for everything
    • I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hoist/? claimform - old Barclaycard 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

joebloggs72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What date did you take the agreement out?

Still need to sar, they will be littered with reclaimable charges which coukd outweigh any debt allegedly owed

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

defaulted date should not change from that registered by the OC upon sale.

and if the card was opened in 2002

then a recon is a no go.

must be the signed version they produce.

so rock-on MKDP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As dx points out, a reconstituted agreement will simply not do for court as the agreement pre dates April 2007 which means they need the original to go to court.

Post April 2007 agreements CAN be reconstituted but in this case its a big fat oooooops!!

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

i thought i read a few years back that some banks had won on pre 2007 cases on non signed agreements... if this isnt the case what should i do with robinsonway and the solictors as no doubt they will sill push for the ccj

cant edit so replying i found the post i was o about that seems to state that pre 2007 agreements even without a signed agreement can be enforced or thats how i read it .. because they can use other factors the courts will accept as proof i can post the site here or copy and paste the article .. i have no idea whats correct

If they wish to pursue this via the courts, then they will need the original, as has already been pointed out.

What they are hoping now is that, you won't know this, and will capitulate and begin paying, or make them an offer in order to reset the clock.

So my advice would be to sit on your hands and do nothing, they have failed to supply a copy of the ORIGINAL agreement, they know this, they just hope you don't.

Robbersway by name, robbersway by nature.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

been going on 4yrs now

if they'd been confident about court

they'd have done it already.

prob due to SB fast approaching they are testing the water.?

if you look in the legal successes forum

and in the financial legal forum

you'll find 99% of cases with these BC recons result in either stayed or disc'd cases

though of course you cant ever predict the judge lottery.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I found all the paperwork out i have relating to this the debt

was owed by MKDP after i sent the the cca they kept sending letters saying

""at this time we must apologise as we are still unable to fufill your request etc etc"

last one i have is dated 10th november 2014..

i had received the reconstituted agreement just prior to this i think direct from barclaycard or i believe it was from them..

i never got another letter off MKDP and then i had them come from robinsonway over last couple months

to be honest i just binned them .

. as i followed this places advice and ignored them until i got the letter off Howard Cohen on the 14th of may

according to my experian file MKDP still own the debt

i noticed something dont know if it matters or not

when i had my credit cards with barclays i never had the normal interest rate

i had 12.9% it shows on the barclay conditions page as 15.9%

which is what they put it up to after a while also shows my current address not the address i took the agreement out on..

my dilemma is if i ignore this like its been suggested and they do take me to court

then the interest and charges there asking for will throw my total debt above £20k

and i wont be able to apply for a DRO

if i go for the DRO now which i dont really want too was hoping this to go SB eventually

then i have a 6 year mark against my credit file..

i am trying to weigh up my options as i had slowly been rebuilding my credit score

and the only negatives i have on my file are the two MKDP owned barclaycard debts

now do i inform robinsonway that there is no signed agreement and hope they see this

as they cant take me to court or do i let them and hope i get a judge who likes his i's dotted and t's crossed

Inform RW of nothing.

Get the sar going and put in a claim for all charges plus restitutionary interest, include the removal of all eroneous cra info from BC and any 3rd party dca's as part of your claim.

They have no valid enforceable agreement to pursue you in the courts and even if they did try sending you a claimform, there is a suitable defence to knock em out.

You dont need to dro unless there are other debts being included which we know nowt about.

Get reclaiming, it will no doubt wipe out any alleged debt and give you some cash to boot, what are you waiting for?

firstly

can you go start a thread about the DRO thoughts please

and list all your debts

IMHO you need help on that.

dx

and they

thankyou but i dont need help on the DRO as thats my final resort

all my debts i pay except the two barclaycard debts there a thorn in my side..

all are small but i know if i went down the DRO route

i would have to list them and be under the 20K threshold

i also know i need someone like nationaldebtline to do the paperwork for the reciever to do the DRO..

Inform RW of nothing.

Get the sar going and put in a claim for all charges plus restitutionary interest, include the removal of all eroneous cra info from BC and any 3rd party dca's as part of your claim.

They have no valid enforceable agreement to pursue you in the courts and even if they did try sending you a claimform, there is a suitable defence to knock em out.

You dont need to dro unless there are other debts being included which we know nowt about.

Get reclaiming, it will no doubt wipe out any alleged debt and give you some cash to boot, what are you waiting for?

i am getting a £10 postal order tomorrow for this

i just need walking through the process as all the abbreviations

and what letter/s and wording i need to send to get exactly what i need

and the correct address to send it too .

..its becoming very confusing again i think thats why i left it last time

it did cause me alot of stress once i learned thanx to this place that DCA are toothless

i did sleep better instead of constant stress couple more years they would been SB

I found all the paperwork out i have relating to this the debt

was owed by MKDP after i sent the the cca they kept sending letters saying

""at this time we must apologise as we are still unable to fufill your request etc etc"

last one i have is dated 10th november 2014..

i had received the reconstituted agreement just prior to this i think direct from barclaycard or i believe it was from them..

i never got another letter off MKDP and then i had them come from robinsonway over last couple months

to be honest i just binned them .

. as i followed this places advice and ignored them until i got the letter off Howard Cohen on the 14th of may

according to my experian file MKDP still own the debt

let explain something

recently HPH2 ltd [the Hoist group / Robbersway recent bought MKDP and their portfolio of 'debts'

SO MKDP/RWAY/Cohen are ALL the same offce

just the next bloke at the next desk in a diff coloured skirt on

so stop panicking..

i noticed something dont know if it matters or not

when i had my credit cards with barclays i never had the normal interest rate

i had 12.9% it shows on the barclay conditions page as 15.9%

which is what they put it up to after a while also shows my current address not the address i took the agreement out on..

my dilemma is if i ignore this like its been suggested and they do take me to court

then the interest and charges there asking for will throw my total debt above £20k

and i wont be able to apply for a DRO

if i go for the DRO now which i dont really want too was hoping this to go SB eventually

then i have a 6 year mark against my credit file..

i am trying to weigh up my options as i had slowly been rebuilding my credit score

and the only negatives i have on my file are the two MKDP owned barclaycard debts

now do i inform robinsonway that there is no signed agreement and hope they see this

as they cant take me to court or do i let them and hope i get a judge who likes his i's dotted and t's crossed

dx

and they

i am getting a £10 postal order tomorrow for this

i just need walking through the process as all the abbreviations

and what letter/s and wording i need to send to get exactly what i need

and the correct address to send it too .

..its becoming very confusing again i think thats why i left it last time

it did cause me alot of stress once i learned thanx to this place that DCA are toothless

i did sleep better instead of constant stress couple more years they would been SB

SAR

you don't need to change any wording other than the OBV

remember to read the WHOLE SAR thread first.

as for the address

you are in the Barclaycard forum

go to the top of your thread

click the light blue Barclaycard shown

see the yellow/red stickies that come up

and they

dx

lol the guy on the next desk is what i looked for before coming here but as the registered address for howard chen and hoist werent even in the same citys i assumed they had no connection nice to know there all the same

one sar for all Barclays/Barclaycard accounts, so only one £10 PO needed

Barclays Bank PLC

Data Protection Team

Radbrooke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

thankyou but i dont need help on the DRO as thats my final resort

all my debts i pay except the two barclaycard debts there a thorn in my side..

all are small but i know if i went down the DRO route

i would have to list them and be under the 20K threshold

i also know i need someone like nationaldebtline to do the paperwork for the reciever to do the DRO..

I am questioning your need for a dro

if you have conducted your 'assumptions' that you owe these debt

hence you are paying

the way you've done these cards.

I question why you are paying them.

and they

I am questioning your need for a dro

if you have conducted your 'assumptions' that you owe these debt

hence you are paying

the way you've done these cards.

I question why you are paying them.

I dont need a dro i can pay the debts i currently have as long as the two defaulted ones left me alone

the new debts i have some are very recent

it was my way of rebuilding my credit rating

so when the last two defaulted items fell off my credit file in two years

i would have a reasonable credit rating again

with the knowledge of not messing up again.

. the dro was to be honest the only thing i could see as a option if a ccj was filed against me

as my record would of been screwed up again for 6 years

might aswell take the dro out and clear it all as my plan to repair my credit would be gone with a ccj.

.. plus even though they are toothless unless high court bailiffs i didnt fancy a visit

one sar for all Barclays/Barclaycard accounts, so only one £10 PO needed

Barclays Bank PLC

Data Protection Team

Radbrooke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

thankyou for this its slighty different from the one in the sticky

a dro will kill your credit file and any chance of a mortgage for a lot longer than a CCJ will.

not sure what you ar reading about HCEO's either

very very few consumer credit CCJ's ever get sent to HCEO's.

you've been watching to much TV or reading FMoTl sites me thinks.

and they

SAR

you don't need to change any wording other than the OBV

remember to read the WHOLE SAR thread first.

as for the address

you are in the Barclaycard forum

go to the top of your thread

click the light blue Barclaycard shown

see the yellow/red stickies that come up

thankyou for the help

i have filled the boxes in on the pdf version just need to add the original address to the letter even though they have the new one they listed it on the cca request they sent or should they have the address linked?

also need to sign it but i feel wary on that as this forum always said no leave your signature around..

dont think i need the council tax bill or hope i dont as same reason with address as the cc a they sent me has both addresses on

a dro will kill your credit file and any chance of a mortgage for a lot longer than a CCJ will.

not sure what you ar reading about HCEO's either

very very few consumer credit CCJ's ever get sent to HCEO's.

you've been watching to much TV or reading FMoTl sites me thinks.

lol i know magistrate bailiffs have no powers of entry i just wasnt sure if it would escalate if i still ignored the ccj and bailiffs

its the CCA request that you don't sign...

sar you must ALWAYS sign.

its a legal requirement

read the SAR thread.

as for the address

you use the one where you are now

should that not be the one BC have on record

you need to provide proof of who/where you are now

else BC will refuse the DPA

and they

lol i know magistrate bailiffs have no powers of entry i just wasnt sure if it would escalate if i still ignored the ccj and bailiffs

what has a magistrates court or bailiff got to do with consumer credit debts and CCJ's

you are seriously reading some very weird sites.

dx

and they