Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1652 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

About 18 months ago I took an ex-partner to court to recover money that I had lent him during our relationship. He admitted the debt, made an offer of payment and judgement was entered. He kept up the agreed payments (with one "blip") until he had paid just over half of the order, then decided he couldn't afford it any more. He hasn't made a payment since January.


I applied for a Warrant of Control which was issued but I have now had a letter from the Court stating that the Warrant has been returned as the bailiff has been unable to meet with the debtor. I know he still lives at the address given but just does not answer the door to unexpected callers.


What is my next course of action? It seems that he is laughing at me and the Court and I just don't know what to do next. The original claim was for approximately £1100 and the outstanding balance is £470. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like a lot you have found that having a Court Order is no guarantee you will get paid. Possibly one course of action is to obtain an Order whereby he is summonsed to Court for questioning - he could be jailed for Contempt - but there is still no guarantee of payment. A lot depends on how much you are prepared to pay as each application costs you and can only be reclaimed if he makes payment.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...